Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2008, 10:57   #91
BHPian

I used to notice Blue indicator in panel for high beam never glows. When I got it checked, service person said that there was short-circuit happened when the head light was upgraded :-(.

I'm yet to get it repaired.
Old 2nd April 2009, 09:19   #92
BHPian

Update at 18K Kms

I observed few issues, wondering if anyone observed same:

1. Rattling issue: I keep Bass at level 6 and treble at 5; with volume 30 normally it used to sound right - nowadays, observing that window mirrors (while they are rolled up) start showing rattling - mainly front passenger window. It happens mostly with songs where beats are prominent. I heard, swift used to have similar issues and people found solution by themselves - can someone share the tips?

2. Some noise while crossing speed breaker: The mud guard in rear right used to be little loose due to some screws were gone, got it corrected - still, nowadays hearing some sound when rear tyres go over breakers. of course, if I go dead slow, it's not heard much. But earlier, regardless of speed, I never heard such noise (it hears as if a body part is shaking/jumping).
Old 2nd April 2009, 10:15   #93
Senior - BHPian

I do not experience any of these with same conditions.

But just a quick question, when switch the parking lights or headlight, the light intensity of Buttons, Clock and others reduces down. Is it normal or problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post

1. Rattling issue: I keep Bass at level 6 and treble at 5; with volume 30 normally it used to sound right - nowadays, observing that window mirrors (while they are rolled up) start showing rattling - mainly front passenger window. It happens mostly with songs where beats are prominent. I heard, swift used to have similar issues and people found solution by themselves - can someone share the tips?

2. Some noise while crossing speed breaker: The mud guard in rear right used to be little loose due to some screws were gone, got it corrected - still, nowadays hearing some sound when rear tyres go over breakers. of course, if I go dead slow, it's not heard much. But earlier, regardless of speed, I never heard such noise (it hears as if a body part is shaking/jumping).
Old 2nd April 2009, 10:21   #94
Senior - BHPian

This is normal. It is done because once you switch the headlights on, your eyes adjust to the light. In this condition, the interior lights at their full brightness might dazzle you.
Old 2nd April 2009, 20:53   #95
BHPian

My Dads SX4 puts my WagonR to shame in terms of Fuel Efficiency. It easily manages a 11-12kmpl in Bangalore while my WagonR rarely crosses 12kmpl.

Worst on Highways doing 100+ constantly fetches us 16-17kmpl while the WagonR just manages 14-15kmpl.

Note: We use AC in the car all time

Last edited by arunmur : 2nd April 2009 at 20:56.
Old 3rd April 2009, 09:28   #96
BHPian

front right wheel .. metal sound like clung-clung

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
2. Some noise while crossing speed breaker: The mud guard in rear ..... (it hears as if a body part is shaking/jumping).
I am also hearing this last 5K KM. I got everything checked but no metal or plastic part is loose. Now I started observing it carefully. It seems to be RHS drive shaft or something.
my observation - When my cars front right wheel goes to ditch or on a hump and same time accelerator pedal is pressed, no foot on clutch pedal, at any speed (20-30 kmph) - I hear metal sound like clung-clung. This does not come if I remove my foot from accelerator or press clutch. Its independant of load in car, single or 5 person.

I got underbody inspection, refitting of mud flap, refit front bumper, refit some plastic cover plate below engine, dash board, right fender, shock up etc. No luck so far. This time I am telling to check drive shaft and differential.

Any suggestion? Car has done 18,200 KM, taking to service by this month end.

Last edited by omishra : 3rd April 2009 at 09:30.
Old 6th April 2009, 06:43   #97
BHPian

Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
I am also hearing this last 5K KM. I got everything checked but no metal or plastic part is loose. Now I started observing it carefully. It seems to be RHS drive shaft or something.
my observation - When my cars front right wheel goes to ditch or on a hump and same time accelerator pedal is pressed, no foot on clutch pedal, at any speed (20-30 kmph) - I hear metal sound like clung-clung. This does not come if I remove my foot from accelerator or press clutch. Its independant of load in car, single or 5 person.

I got underbody inspection, refitting of mud flap, refit front bumper, refit some plastic cover plate below engine, dash board, right fender, shock up etc. No luck so far. This time I am telling to check drive shaft and differential.

Even I used to hear the same sound. Now a days it is not. The service guy couldn't figure out what it is.

Other major problem I had faced was with the Immobilizer (key) system. On one fine day, it stopped working and the Maruti had to replace the full key set. According to them, this happens very very rarely and to my bad luck it happened to me Now it is fine and I am at 8200 KM now.

I usually get a mileage of 10KM/hr in Bangalore and around 14KM/hr on high ways. The high way mileage is with full time AC on.
Regards,
Sarin
Old 6th April 2009, 15:24   #98
BHPian

Hmm, no one has rattling issue - let me check both issues with my dealer.

Btw, I figured out that, if I refill petrol after 30-35 lrs are used (instead of just half full) I seem to get more mileage.
Old 7th April 2009, 15:30   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarinkumar View Post
Even I used to hear the same sound. Now a days it is not. The service guy couldn't figure out what it is.

Other major problem I had faced was with the Immobilizer (key) system. On one fine day, it stopped working and the Maruti had to replace the full key set. According to them, this happens very very rarely and to my bad luck it happened to me Now it is fine and I am at 8200 KM now.

I usually get a mileage of 10KM/hr in Bangalore and around 14KM/hr on high ways. The high way mileage is with full time AC on.
Regards,
Sarin
Folks, I had this issue with my SX4 when it was 5000Kms done. The description you have given exactly matches.
It was near rear RHS wheel. I complained to Pratham motors in Bangalore (my dealer) and the Pratham guys told that it's some problem with shock absorber assembly and since it's still under warranty he replaced it. After this I've not encountered this problem. Hope this helps.

I remember I had posted this problem some time back on the forum.
Old 13th April 2009, 12:52   #100
BHPian

15days report SX4 ZXi - 750kms

Hi All,

It's been 15days that the Silver MAN SX4 ZXi arrived at our house. It has clocked 750kms as of yesterday. Also just been a 200kms short drive and observed the below things:
Mileage: 13.2 kmpl (highway) 10.2 kmpl(city)
Good points: Seems average mileage. A/C is awesome for Bangalore usage, Music system-loved it for the package offered by Maruti Suzuki, No sluggishness when the A/C is on(comparing this with my India Xeta).

Tyre noice level a bit high at 80kmph, however reduces comparitively at 100kmph. A-Pillar a real distractor in cornerings. Will have to get used to this to overcome.

Anup
Old 18th April 2009, 15:13   #101
BHPian

Any logic??

Just wondering was there any logic behind putting the name SX4 for this car. It would be interesting to know if there was one. Any one has any clue on this?
Cheers,
Sarin
Old 19th April 2009, 00:14   #102
BHPian

For the namesake!

Quote:
Just wondering was there any logic behind putting the name SX4 for this car. It would be interesting to know if there was one. Any one has any clue on this?
Cheers,
Sarin

The logic behind the name is quite simple, the SX4 started life as a mini suv / crossover / 4x4 designed to tackle all kinds of terrain on & off-road hence the name SX4. Which simply means ALL 4 SEASONS !!
Old 19th April 2009, 09:09   #103
BHPian

Good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
The logic behind the name is quite simple, the SX4 started life as a mini suv / crossover / 4x4 designed to tackle all kinds of terrain on & off-road hence the name SX4. Which simply means ALL 4 SEASONS !!
Thanks. This seems to me a reasonable one. Any other take on this?
Old 19th April 2009, 10:27   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
I am also hearing this last 5K KM. ...
Service is done. Problem solved! yet another mud flap fixing done.
Old 19th April 2009, 15:52   #105
BHPian

for the namesake part-II

Quote:
Thanks. This seems to me a reasonable one. Any other take on this?
Well actually this is the reason for the name with a minor correction!!

The SX4 name is derived from (S)port (X) - over for (4) seasons

check out the link:

Suzuki SX4 Crossover Research All Models and Prices - MSN Autos

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks