Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2008, 16:58   #31
BHPian

Palio Stile SLX 1.1 - 7500 KMs Ownership Report

have been watching palio threads before recommending one for my father.
here are my views about the car........
FE - 15 +/- 1 (a/c on all the time, semi-urban driving conditions of kerala)

RIDE- suspension is a little hard on uneven tarmac but is alright on smooth roads, steering is very responsive, very steady and excellent poise while cornering.

POWER- not a racy engine , but proper downshifting will get you there if u r in a hurry. i personally feel that in normal day to day driving conditions ie. 20-80 kmph with one gearshift in between,the car performs pretty much the same like other 1.1Litre cars. note- engine feels noticably free and responsive after running in about 5-6000 kms

LIKE- headlights (are pretty good and get a lot of response low beams from heavy vehicles when high beam is turned on, in fact i feel night blind when i go back to my accent), looks, space, ride and handling, FE is not affected much even if you are a little hard on the throttle ( cruising above 90 kph ) i have noticed that a santro's FE goes down quite a bit when driven similarly. general solid feel of the car and feels good to be different in a pool of marutis and hyundais.

DISLIKE- sales and service are absolutely drab ( the vehicle i test drove was delivered to some one right in front of me, our own car was on display in the showroom for a couple of months and dont know how much it was driven before we got it. went for it only because the dealer gave a pretty good discount). cabin lamp works only when the front door opens. door ajar indicator on the console also works only for the front doors. quite a rattle from the compressor when a/c is switched on first time in the day.( complaint these things to the service guys and what you get is " sir fiats are like that") wipe action of both front an back wiper blades are not smooth and are very noisy.wiper is not turned on automatically while washing the windshield. turning radius as big as a commercial light motor vehicle.
Old 30th April 2008, 20:39   #32
BHPian

Palio Stile SLX 1.1 - 7500 KMs Ownership Report

few more things worth mentioning is that even though the car comes with tubeless radials as standard fitment ( goodyears on our car ), they make a lot of road noise. The gear shift is rather accurate but u can feel and hear a lot of parts moving while shifting gears. Another thing i felt is that after down shifting to second gear at slow speeds, u have to press the throttle a little before the clutch starts to engage ( slightly earlier throttle action than what u normally do in other cars )or else the car shudders badly.
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:51   #33
BHPian

This is Really a good post. I have planned to buy a SLX shorly .Your Review is really boosting my confidence. Rajan , I really appriciate your survey, its very useful for ppl like me.
cheers
sri
Old 6th December 2008, 16:14   #34
BHPian

nice post.
Even I was looking towards buying the Palio SLX.

Now, Fiat is offering a 40k discounts on the Palio.
so a 1.1 SLX is 4.18 on road, Blr.
But as per Rajan's post the OTR was 4.31.
Did you get any corporate discounts, Rajan?
Or are they now offering discount after increasing the prices??
Old 9th December 2008, 18:20   #35
BHPian

Thats a very interesting perspective on the palio 1.1, appreciate your review, I have my cousin who wants to buy the car, this would be his 2nd car, he owns a Maruti Alto now, wants to upgrade to palio 1.1 please do let me know if this would be a good upgrade he drives about 700 kms a month.(City - 50%, Higway/Ghats - 50%). He is actually from Mangalore - KA and keeps driving to his hometown from blore often, so there would be a lot of ghats and hill climbing to be done.

Please let me know your feedback. Thanks

PS: He is selling his Alto, just because of the strain you get when you drive the ghats
Old 10th December 2008, 14:31   #36
BHPian

Why not the 1.3 SD?

I myself am thinking of the 1.1, and I also occasionally drive an Alto. While the Palio drives better than an Alto, it might not be enough for the hills.

Given the current 4% CenVAT reduction, I believe the 1.3 SD will come in under 5 lakhs (after discounts) in Bangalore. A free Clarion player with 2 speakers is also on offer. This diesel should be much better in the hills, especially as its turbo kicks in at a lower RPM than the Swift's.
Old 18th December 2008, 14:38   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntneo View Post
nice post.
Even I was looking towards buying the Palio SLX.

Now, Fiat is offering a 40k discounts on the Palio.
so a 1.1 SLX is 4.18 on road, Blr.
But as per Rajan's post the OTR was 4.31.
Did you get any corporate discounts, Rajan?
Or are they now offering discount after increasing the prices??

Now the current offer for palio slx after all discounts is 4.04 ON ROAD... with clarion player... Hurry Upp !! I have already booked mine!
Old 18th December 2008, 18:53   #38
BHPian

Free audio player being delivered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsri007 View Post
Now the current offer for palio slx after all discounts is 4.04 ON ROAD... with clarion player... Hurry Upp !! I have already booked mine!
Are you really getting the audio player? I am being told that it has not arrived in stock, and will be fitted for me later - I have to take delivery without it

If you do get the player, grab another one and let me know!
Old 22nd December 2008, 15:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

Any idea on the OTR prices in Chennai for the Palio SLX?
Old 22nd December 2008, 16:47   #40
Senior - BHPian

Arun, call-up one of the Fiat-Tata dealers at Chennai.

Heard they are offering good discounts on Stile 1.1
Old 22nd December 2008, 17:32   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatin View Post
Are you really getting the audio player? I am being told that it has not arrived in stock, and will be fitted for me later - I have to take delivery without it

If you do get the player, grab another one and let me know!
Let me know your dealer name!
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:45   #42
BHPian

Quote:
please do check the fiat india website for prices. they have been updated and ofcourse lots of freebies with that price. I inquired and they offered a 1.6 sport for 4.47 on road New Mumbai registration (so no octroi)
Old 23rd December 2008, 07:19   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
please do check the fiat india website for prices. they have been updated and ofcourse lots of freebies with that price. I inquired and they offered a 1.6 sport for 4.47 on road New Mumbai registration (so no octroi)
SLX 1.1 - @ bangalore the onroad price before deduction is 4.58.
Now after this 4 % excise duty reduction + 37000 cash discount the price comes to 4.04. I have enquired in all the showrooms this is the price they offfer. I am not aware of 1.6
Old 23rd December 2008, 12:24   #44
BHPian

Quote:
SLX 1.1 - @ bangalore the onroad price before deduction is 4.58.
Now after this 4 % excise duty reduction + 37000 cash discount the price comes to 4.04. I have enquired in all the showrooms this is the price they offfer. I am not aware of 1.6
just check the fiat india website. thats the price you should get on road
Old 23rd December 2008, 17:31   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
just check the fiat india website. thats the price you should get on road

Yup I have checked .. its all the same. The tax varies from place to place. bangalore life time road tax is quite high :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks