Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2008, 16:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Sinhsha!
A few questions:
Which dealer? Price? Any approximate waiting period? Any special deals/offers?
Old 28th March 2008, 16:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha View Post
Hi all,
I have booked a white Dzire ZDI on launch date here in kolkata after a brief test drive.
I don't know when I will get the car. Will keep you posted through out the journey.
Congrats in advance! You chose the best variant (diesel + features).

Did they not tell you how long you have to wait to get the delivery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost
...and did you get any discounts.
I'm sure not. Come'on, it's just been launched!
Old 28th March 2008, 17:41   #18
BHPian

Congrats bro, do let us know when you will get it, whts the cost of the car.
Old 28th March 2008, 18:26   #19
BHPian

hii guys, just came back from the Maruti showroom inquiring about the Swift DZiRE. didn't get to test drive. the waiting period is 2 - 3 months. the boot was good and maruti really did a good job. I liked the car. On-road prices in hyd are:

LXI 488208
VXI 541944
ZXI 646058

LDI 588964
VDI 640460
ZDI 735619
Old 28th March 2008, 18:45   #20

My first posting in TBHP. Thanks to all of your folks i booked Clear Beige Dezire VDi on 27th March without even seeing it in flesh and expecting delivery on 31st March.
Old 28th March 2008, 19:54   #21
BHPian

Guys checked with all the showrooms,

VDI waiting period is 2-3 months
ZDI 3-7 months quoted maximum.

And everybody is asking 100k as advance. By making slow delivaries (cannt they predict the demand ahead of launch considering exisiting que length for Swift and Sx4!!!!???), I guess MUL is helping dealers to mint money. Say in BLR each one has 100 (miimum) cars in waitlist for next 6-8 months ( even further I guess) it is 1 crore floating money always they have for that period ... add up exisitng 50K for swift. Lots of people money for investing further...
Old 27th May 2008, 11:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thread Opened On sinhsha's request.
Old 28th May 2008, 11:17   #23
BHPian

Few updates guys
1. I changed my colur choice from white to silver as many friends suggested maintaining white would be a pain.
2. Contacted Maruti through email and call for the status of the delivery but apart from few courteseous statements nothing happened. Afterall I am the one to book first dzire ZDI in kolkata.
3. In the meantime price increased by 25000.00.
4. Checked ou ford fiesta, logan and verna led by the frustration but me and wifey both were convinced that still dzire is better VFM.
5. Got a call from dealer (general manager) that car is on the way and has reached west bengal border on 23rd May evening and he asked that he is requesting me to pay the downpayment on monday if I am going by finance, on discussion I found only point he had is that a large amount of money is stuck for him and he wants help...I found it utter unprofessional attitude from a GM of a Maruti dealer. I thought Skoda dealership is bad. GM told the car is white.
6. Monday visited the showroom and sales manager said the car is silver and gave me the chasis number and engine number and told somebody else has paid the full amount so If I am going by outright cash paymanet (which I am doing) I should pay sooner or the other guy will get the car. I found it funny I looked straight and saiud then I think some other guy will get the dealership.., on which he said he was not serious. I said without seeing the car I cann't pay anything. I have the TBHP checklist printed out..what will be the use of that then ? :-)
7. The saleman said that today they are sending the car directly from godown to my office to show the car to me as there is less space in the dealership.
It will reach by 12:30. Let's see. I have the payments ready but they said unless the checks are cleared they cann't start the registration and insurance process.
Old 3rd June 2008, 10:42   #24
BHPian

I had checked the car out with ap[rintout of checklist from TBHP. Car is absolute nice. Drove like a dream. It was hard to hold the tacho withing 3K RPM.
Registration process is taking a bit longer. Dealer said car will be ready tomorrow afternoon but as thursday is auspicious in our family and TBHP says to take delivery in daylight I have decided to take the delivery on thursday morning.
Will keep you updated.
Old 10th June 2008, 10:49   #25
BHPian

Hi all,
I have received the car on 7th june. Already drove 600 KM. Car is perfect, driving really nice, FE is good getting 19ish would confirm after first tank to tank measurement. AC is nice, pick up is good though mirrors not having power adjustment is a pain in parking. Am keeping 34/32 tire4 pressure please confirm if that is fine.1
I have one issue
While braking hard I can feel the brake pedal pulsating so hope ABS is working but tires are skidding anyway putting black marks on the road. Checked many times.
Please suggest is there any problem with my car or it is normal.
Negatives:
floor carpet is of very bad quality. sound deadening doesn't work many a times checked if the window is open.
Speaker are bad. Please suggest speaker upgrade so that it would fit in the space and would give decent sound. I don't want an amplifier or any any complex fitting.
I am planning to install PETE next month.
Old 10th June 2008, 10:57   #26
BHPian

I have received the car on 7th June and drove 600KM already.
Updates
Positives:
1. Car drives real smooth
2. AC work fine
3. FE is 19ish would confirm after second filling up
4. Headlight is good

Negatives:
1. Brake pedal is pulsating under heavy braking so ABS is working but is putting tire mark on road....Is it normal? Or the ABS is faulty?
2. Floor mats is of very bad quality
3. Mirrors not having power adjustment is a pain while parking

Mods can we change the title now?
Old 10th June 2008, 14:42   #27
BHPian

Congrats!! I got my Zdi few days back as well
Old 12th June 2008, 13:00   #28
BHPian

Guys please help
1. Brake pedal is pulsating under heavy braking so ABS is working but is putting tire mark on road and skidding just like non ABS version....Is it normal? Or the ABS is faulty?
2. Which diesel engine oil(mineral) meets ACEA B3 SF API CG-4 as per the manual. I do suspect maruti service station about the engine oil for diesel so I want to buy my own for first service.
Old 12th June 2008, 14:32   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha View Post
Guys please help
1. Brake pedal is pulsating under heavy braking so ABS is working but is putting tire mark on road and skidding just like non ABS version....Is it normal? Or the ABS is faulty?
Please do not do any hard braking in the initial run in period. If the wheels aren't locking then ABS is doing its job.Tire marks don't necessarily mean the wheels are locking
Old 12th June 2008, 14:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

2months and a few days is GREAT time for a dZire delivery. In Salem and Hosur its nearly 1 Year!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks