Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2010, 13:05   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Rs 500 is what I pay on an average for alignment & balancing at my tyre shop
Wow, that is a steep discounted price indeed, but does it include the cost of weights used for balancing? The Rs 890 I paid included weights that cost around 273 Rs.
Old 19th July 2010, 13:54   #167
Senior - BHPian

When I changed my car tyres to Alloys, the Ford workshop charged as under:

1-Balancing (alloy) chargers : 4 x 50 = Rs.200
2-Tyre Changing (alloy( 4 x 40 = Rs.160
3-Weight (sticker) Charts = 200 x1 = Rs.200

Total Rs.560/-
so, for balancing the wheels with one weight, it works out to Rs.400/-
Old 19th July 2010, 19:40   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Finally gave my car for servicing yesterday and got her back nice and clean. Cost me Rs 4673 in all, including oil and filter changes, air and Pollen filter change, Engine oil and filter change, 5 wheel rotation, balancing, alignment, waxoyl touchup, etc.
!
What...your car has pollen filter - is this the a/c pollen filter..recently during my 2nd service, I insisted on changing the a/c pollen filter but they steadfastly stood their ground that there is no pollen filter in Fiesta!!

I even started a thread for the same http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ed-fiesta.html

I even emailed Ford on this and they took the details of my 2nd service. Finally, Chennai Ford some senior guy called me up regarding the same and again reiterated that there is no pollen filter.

Can u confirm if in the name of pollen filter they have not replaced this one http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1938770

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Me too. I get the alignment & balancing done outside Ford from a place where ex-Ford technicians work. the vehicle is still in Ford's (Ex) hands.
Normally it costs me Rs 1100 at Ford and Rs 800 outside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Rs 500 is what I pay on an average for alignment & balancing at my tyre shop
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
When I changed my car tyres to Alloys, the Ford workshop charged as under:

1-Balancing (alloy) chargers : 4 x 50 = Rs.200
2-Tyre Changing (alloy( 4 x 40 = Rs.160
3-Weight (sticker) Charts = 200 x1 = Rs.200

Total Rs.560/-
so, for balancing the wheels with one weight, it works out to Rs.400/-
I too did wheel alignment + rotation during my 2nd service..was charged @300/- bucks for both (no weights are required though)
Old 20th July 2010, 08:02   #169
Senior - BHPian

I guess staying in Mumbai has its own disadvantages, mine charges are the costliest amongst all.
Old 20th July 2010, 15:15   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
What...your car has pollen filter - is this the a/c pollen filter..recently during my 2nd service, I insisted on changing the a/c pollen filter but they steadfastly stood their ground that there is no pollen filter in Fiesta!!

I even started a thread for the same http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ed-fiesta.html

I even emailed Ford on this and they took the details of my 2nd service. Finally, Chennai Ford some senior guy called me up regarding the same and again reiterated that there is no pollen filter.

Can u confirm if in the name of pollen filter they have not replaced this one http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1938770
Hmm, interesting indeed! My AC pollen filter was changed 2 times so far---I remember that a few months after the first change, I took my car to the dealer for a check up as I was planning to go on a long drive. They removed the pollen filter during that check up and told me that Ford India had advised all dealers to do so as I believe the old filter used to make some sound that was not liked by some customers. I never had heard that sound.

But in my next service, a new one was put and on my asking I was told that it is no longer a paper filter and does not cause any sound/ noise.

If you want, I will check up the brand when I go there this week or next for getting my window roller replaced under warranty.
Old 20th July 2010, 16:21   #171
BHPian

Chennai ford guys told me something on similar lines..that the earlier type of filter has been discontinued and now something more sturdy and metallic grille/mesh filter (forgetting the actual name) type is being used by Ford. Apparently it is long lasting and replacement is not required, only cleaning will do. They also advised me to use only the "recirculation mode", since the so-called pollen filter will only be used when "fresh-air" mode is on which will filter the outside air-intake. For letting fresh air inside the cabin, they recommended to roll the side windows down!!!

It will be great if you can take a picture of the part that was replaced and the location where it is fit in the vehicle, when you visit them next. Also, try to check if the same part is used/not used in the newer Fiestas.
Old 21st July 2010, 14:09   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow, that is a steep discounted price indeed, but does it include the cost of weights used for balancing? The Rs 890 I paid included weights that cost around 273 Rs.
Yup, includes the cost of weights.
Old 21st July 2010, 22:52   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
It will be great if you can take a picture of the part that was replaced and the location where it is fit in the vehicle, when you visit them next. Also, try to check if the same part is used/not used in the newer Fiestas.
Will keep this in mind when I visit them. I am waiting for them to call me.
Old 21st July 2010, 23:18   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm, interesting indeed! My AC pollen filter was changed 2 times so far---I remember that a few months after the first change, I took my car to the dealer for a check up as I was planning to go on a long drive. They removed the pollen filter during that check up and told me that Ford India had advised all dealers to do so as I believe the old filter used to make some sound that was not liked by some customers. I never had heard that sound.

But in my next service, a new one was put and on my asking I was told that it is no longer a paper filter and does not cause any sound/ noise.

If you want, I will check up the brand when I go there this week or next for getting my window roller replaced under warranty.
The pollen filter was removed on second service for me as well. Exact same excuse given. I've a service coming up next month and I'll check with them on the new pollen filter. Thanks for updating.
Old 26th July 2010, 15:12   #175
Senior - BHPian

Post service update

I got a call from Mody Ford on Saturday asking me to visit them this week to get my window regulator replaced, as the part had arrived. So I went there today and it was done in an hour's time. It would have cost me Rs 3500 or so inclusive of labour, but owing to EW it was done for free.

Meanwhile, I told the SA that the squeaky sound from the rear right door had suddnely raised its ugly head today. He asked another mechanic to accompany me, and within 500 meters he identified that sound as a squeaky handbrake cable, near the right door. He fixed it in 10 minutes flat.

So overall, I am happy with service by Mody Ford. I will give them a good rating when they call me for feedback.

Before I forget, I also asked the SA to show me where the pollen filter is installed. He said it is installed from inside the car and pointed to the area on the centre foot console, below the glove box. He also showed me how a new one looks like----it is exactly like the filter we have on window ACs, but of a smaller size. The box had a label of 'AC fllter ---.'--don't exactly remember.

I believe they were earlier made of paper and used to make noise when they were clogged. Sorry, I could not take a pic.
Old 26th July 2010, 18:20   #176
Senior - BHPian

@vnabhi - good that you are happy with the ford workshop and all minor/major
problems were attended to. Because of the EW, you saved about Rs.3500 which is close to one year EW charges!!
So it proves that EW is good and save us from unexpected expenses!
Old 26th July 2010, 18:42   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@vnabhi - good that you are happy with the ford workshop and all minor/major
problems were attended to. Because of the EW, you saved about Rs.3500 which is close to one year EW charges!!
So it proves that EW is good and save us from unexpected expenses!
Yeah, I saved an equal amount a little over a year ago when my AC fan motor was replaced under warranty. Looks like I got back my EW payment in full.
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:45   #178
Senior - BHPian

it seems that the wheel balancing and pollen filter change were required in the second service, but i have not been asked to go for any such things in my second service, should i get it done?
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:07   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
it seems that the wheel balancing and pollen filter change were required in the second service, but i have not been asked to go for any such things in my second service, should i get it done?
It is your call---generally balancing is needed every 10000 kms. I get it done once a year.

As regards pollen filter change, I think you can go ahead---it costs around 200 for both installation and filter. Ask them to return the old one to you.
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:41   #180
BHPian

The so-called pollen filter which is inside the cabin - right side of front passenger leg, IMO, need not be changed. Anyways, it can be removed,cleaned & replaced on our own..did this myself when the a.s.s guys have forgotten to fit one of the screws properly and it was giving some noise post the 2nd service...Just pull out the cover and you will know how to get the thing out...since the area is dark, you may need some light to see properly. It is square in shape, just like a regular home window a/c filter but smaller.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks