Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2008, 18:23   #31
BHPian

good descision buddy
one thing i felt was the cash back that u got, i thought u shud have got some more....
Old 2nd May 2008, 18:35   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
one thing i felt was the cash back that u got, i thought u shud have got some more....
Well, my the santro had some good dents & scratches. I had taken an estimate and it would have cost me ~20,000/- to get the dents/scratches removed.

If i had spent this money, I would for sure have got another 15-10 K extra than the 20K i got now. So in a way it was a zero sum game
Old 2nd May 2008, 18:45   #33
BHPian

oh! k k
So it turned out to be a barter system them

Anyways enjoy ur drive

dont forget to upload some snaps soon
Old 2nd May 2008, 19:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
VTec: Great car, great response and overall great package, feels good while driving also. However Vtec was ruled out because:
- Tooooooo expensive. The least quote i could get was 5.00 L for a 50K Kms done 2002 model
- Looks too frail and fragile for the power it delivers. (again this is a personal opinion)
You got some pretty high quotes there! I've been looking at OHCs for a few months now, in search of a good A/T. And everytime I come across a VTEC in pretty good condition (no mods) it was quoted between 3.5 and 4.2 for anything between mid-2002 to mid-2003 !! Now what that means is either I'm right with the quotes, or all the VTECs I saw were crap !! That's why I am quite surprised you got a minimum of 5.00.

Nevertheless you've got yourself a cracking car there, and got some money back as well !! So all I can say is forget about the OHC, congrats and good times lie ahead !!

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 2nd May 2008 at 19:06.
Old 2nd May 2008, 22:01   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
You got some pretty high quotes there! I've been looking at OHCs for a few months now, in search of a good A/T. And everytime I come across a VTEC in pretty good condition (no mods) it was quoted between 3.5 and 4.2 for anything between mid-2002 to mid-2003 !! Now what that means is either I'm right with the quotes, or all the VTECs I saw were crap !! That's why I am quite surprised you got a minimum of 5.00.
This is bangalore my dear friend. You will be amazed at the prices quoted by Vtec owners here...
Old 2nd May 2008, 22:26   #36
BHPian

Quote:
This is bangalore my dear friend. You will be amazed at the prices quoted by Vtec owners here...

you are absolutely right
6 months back when i was looking for a replacement for my santro
i had looked at a couple of vtecs as well however didnt get any thing less then 5 lac for a decent 01-02 model so decided to forget about it and look at the next best thing and got my self a black baleno for 4.6l for a 06 model
Old 3rd May 2008, 00:33   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_see View Post
S-10 sadly did not come with ABS or airbags!!!! the only shortcoming in an otherwise great car.
Correction! The very first few cars did come with ABS, driver side airbag, Electronic Brake Force Distribution & seat belt pre-tensioners. It even had a different design for the alloys.But then, the car was priced a notch above the GTX SP at almost 6.75L! Understandably, it bombed, so they removed the safety pack, replaced the alloys and you could buy one with big discounts varying from 50K to 80 or even 100K! Have a close look at the pictures attached herewith. You can clearly make out the steering wheel is fitted with an airbag and the second picture shows the design of the alloy wheels that the S10 initially came with
Attached Thumbnails
2003 Palio S10 EDIT: 71K KM Update | Engine Grooved-02apr18_38.jpg  

2003 Palio S10 EDIT: 71K KM Update | Engine Grooved-02apr18_401.jpg  

Last edited by roms : 3rd May 2008 at 00:35.
roms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2008, 00:50   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dropped the plan to get a second hand car versus a new one after seeing the exhorbitant prices.
Old 3rd May 2008, 02:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

Great deal you got there!! Enjoy your car and have fun!

I am also of the opinion that buying a used car works out as a more VFM option rather than a new one. And I must say I am crazy fan of the Palio from the days it was launched. Now that the 1.3MJD is launched, I cant wait to get my hands on one. But since MJD is relatively new, I am waiting for some solid long term ownership reports on T-Bhp before I go for the gamble.

Drive Safe & Enjoy your Italian beauty!
Abhi
Old 3rd May 2008, 07:56   #40
BHPian

Its a steal for the price you go it for.

Extremely good buy for the price and make your ownership experience trouble free by changing every single fluid(except battery water) in the car every two years come what may and the engine oil every 5000km with ordinary mineral oil( Total is what I use in my GTX). If you go for synthetic change it at 10000km or 1 year whichever comes first what ever advice your friends give you that it can run more on synthetics. Its a small price to pay for complete peace of mind.

With the above rules kept diligently the only part that's been changed in my June 2003 GTX is a wiper blade of the driver side in 49500km. Its low mileage car because I have 2 cars and use this for the highways usually.
Old 3rd May 2008, 10:34   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Correction! The very first few cars did come with ABS, driver side airbag, Electronic Brake Force Distribution & seat belt pre-tensioners. It even had a different design for the alloys.But then, the car was priced a notch above the GTX SP at almost 6.75L! Understandably, it bombed, so they removed the safety pack, replaced the alloys and you could buy one with big discounts varying from 50K to 80 or even 100K! Have a close look at the pictures attached herewith. You can clearly make out the steering wheel is fitted with an airbag and the second picture shows the design of the alloy wheels that the S10 initially came with
Thanks friend. Is that your car? Well mantained. keep it up. I was told by a friend who had a palio that his car has got ABS. Then i thought he must be joking. Those are cracking alloys. It's a sad feeling that they stopped such a good car.

@Khan....
Pics of your car please???
Old 3rd May 2008, 11:16   #42
Senior - BHPian

Both Vtec & 1.6 are my favorites, but i would do the same what you did

DO post pot up pics...

Congrats!
Old 3rd May 2008, 11:35   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post

That looks awesome. Really liked that red thread work on the steering and gear cover. The alloys also look great. Never knew there were ones like these. Are you sure they came with the S10's or was it some option pack. I thought all S10's were the same.
Old 3rd May 2008, 11:56   #44
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT SPAM the forum. One-liners that add absolutely no value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 6th May 2008 at 16:38.
Old 3rd May 2008, 23:46   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Thanks friend. Is that your car? Well mantained. keep it up. I was told by a friend who had a palio that his car has got ABS. Then i thought he must be joking. Those are cracking alloys. It's a sad feeling that they stopped such a good car.
I wish my car's interiors looked as sparkling as that even after 5 years. My car unfortunately did not come with the Safety pack. Those are pictures I had stored on my pc a while back from a BS Motoring article on the S10. Here it is from the website's archive:-
FIAT Palio S10 - Business Standard Motoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
That looks awesome. Really liked that red thread work on the steering and gear cover. The alloys also look great. Never knew there were ones like these. Are you sure they came with the S10's or was it some option pack. I thought all S10's were the same.
The hand stitched leather on the steering wheel and the gear knob came with each one of those 500 cars. Even my car has them, just that the red colour on the stitching has faded off a bit. Agree on the alloys, the earlier design was fantastic. Ditto for the Airbag fitted steering wheel. I remember sitting in one of these cars at Shaman auto back in 2003. Trust me, the feel of the car from inside was fantastic. The aluminium pedals, the hand stitched leather, special quality fabric seats, the steering wheel with airbag, it was such a nice place to be in.The quality of the materials used was much better than what we get in the Palio Stile now.

Last edited by roms : 3rd May 2008 at 23:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks