Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2013, 17:51   #286
Senior - BHPian

re: Finally here comes my Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition EDIT: 52000 KMs Update

After the long trip (Bangy - Yercaud - Madurai - Cumbum - Kodaikanal - Theni -Ulundurpet - Chennai - Bangy ) of 1700KMs, I gave the Aveo for service with TVS Sundaram in Whitefield @ 52000KMs.

Since I have changed the oil and filters in 45K service, this time I did not change it. So, the total bill amount for this service was 3600/-

Full service + wheel alignment + Blowing & Cleaning wheel brakes + Paid service + Tax = 2248/-
Coolant + emry + Battery TER protector + Brake cleaner + tax etc = 1354/-

I am happy with the service except for below reasons,

1. They did not provide me the print out of the wheel alignment numbers. I also forgot to ask for it :(
2. The interior car cleaning was decent, nothing to say about.

One thing I like to highlight here is about the Milage. Past 5 tank files, I got consistently 14kmpl, ofcourse most of this was on the NHs. I am happy that I opted the Nulon. Will surely add it again during the next oil change.

Last edited by mjothi : 4th January 2013 at 17:53.
Old 25th March 2013, 15:47   #287
BHPian

I have done about 35k kms on my 2008 Aveo. I brought the car into JMD auto saki naka Mumbai for a regular service today & the service guy wants to replace both the shock absorbers & both the rear brake pumps claiming they were hard, and is quoting a total of 25k!

This would be the first major expense I am incurring but since I am at this service centre for the first time I am a bit suspicious. My dealer of 5 yrs, national garage took up an Audi dealership.

The shock absorbers I could feel have become hard, but I had no braking complaints at all so far.

Did you replace these yet on your car? Is an alternate shock absorber recommended?

How do I find out if this brake pump replacement is really needed, except taking it to another trusted mechanic for a 2nd opinion?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks