Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2008, 22:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
Hi Omar,
Nice to see you back on team-bhp.
Once more a very detalied overview from heart from a guy who loves his car.
I wish you keep on enjoying your beast.

Just few questions for you,
  1. How did you find out that your fuel gauge was faulty.
  2. Does wiper blades comes under warranty, and which brand you got installed?
  3. My Halogen lamps installed on Bull guard have a hazy sort of glass, I mean its not transparent and the bulbs inside are not visible clearly. So is this common with all adventures?
I think i can answer the 3rd one. Thats moisture that has got into the fog lamps. eh! fog in fog lamps. What i did is i opened it up and cleaned the inside with a cloth on a long stick. There is a rubber insde that was slightly torn. I turned it around so that the torn part came under (So that water from top dont drip in). Be carefull whileremoving. You might get confused on how to fit it back since the bulb does not have a holder. Took some time for me to figure out how to fix it back
Old 12th August 2008, 11:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1310 View Post
2. The rear left tail light broke while reversing, got it replaced next day, without any waiting period (Approx. INR 1500/-)
That reminded me.
About a year back, I had gone to Pratham Motors to get my WagonR's LHS taillight replaced. I had to wait for about 4 days for the correct part to arrive.
ABout 6 months back, I had to get my Palio's taillight replaced. Done same day. No waiting. Hmmm.
Old 18th August 2008, 19:22   #18
BHPian

Is it wise to go for Adventure for city drivers?

Hi Omar,

Pretty nice review of the beast...

Just a basic query to you...is this Adventure 1.6 useful to one who prefer highway cruising and offtracks on rough roads only along with city driving

OR

if one is mostly gonna drive in Mumbai traffics most but with low highway and monthly running, is it wise to go for this beauty?

Other Adventure users can also give their input

Thanks and cheers~
Rudrah
Old 19th August 2008, 11:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Hi Omar,

Just a basic query to you...is this Adventure 1.6 useful to one who prefer highway cruising and offtracks on rough roads only along with city driving

OR

if one is mostly gonna drive in Mumbai traffics most but with low highway and monthly running, is it wise to go for this beauty?

Thanks and cheers~
Rudrah
Its not that you dont have to own an adventure just for city drives. Its that you wont be able to realy appreciate the car unless you drive her on the highways and slightly bad/uneven roads.
Old 19th August 2008, 18:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Its not that you dont have to own an adventure just for city drives. Its that you wont be able to realy appreciate the car unless you drive her on the highways and slightly bad/uneven roads.
Thomas....It deludes from the purpose of the car if not tasted highways and rough roads!

Finally its all about what you want from the car

Thanks and cheers~
Rudrah
Old 19th August 2008, 20:44   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
nice pics!!
can a bull guard be fitted on a petra?
yes that will set you back by approx 19K.... thats a high caliber scratch proof powder coating from italy...

FIAT, always....
Old 20th August 2008, 11:42   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Hi Omar,

OR

Thanks and cheers~
Rudrah
This has been answered earlier, but I've been driving an Adventure (not my own) for about six months in Ludhiana/Chandigarh, alongside my own Palio 1.2 SP, and would like to add my tuppence, taking advantage of your invitation "Other Adventure users can also give their input" .

It's absolutely brilliant at rough-roading, in fact, even off-roading, short of 4WD situations.

OTOH, it is a longer vehicle than the regular Palio hatchback, for instance, and is a bit longer than sedans. Add to that its extra weight, which has an effect on the brakes (never was happy with Palio or Adventure braking, to be honest).

These two factors don't really make it a convenient (different from comfortable) city ride. Brilliant travelling, really comes into its own when the roads give up, but tiring to keep braking and moving along in stop-and-go traffic.

Having said that, my friend used it as her only car, and never had any problems. Like most women, she was hard-headed and practical about these decisions, and if it was uncomfortable, she would have dumped the vehicle ruthlessly and bought something else.

Maybe it helped that she was using it in Ludhiana and in Chandigarh; that's not Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore or Kolkata traffic. If you're thinking of city driving in Hyderabad or even in Delhi (certain hours only), you might not feel too uncomfortable.

To sum up, if you have a reasonable component of long-distance driving every month, with significant bits of that on bad roads, look no further. If it's to be an exclusively city car, maybe you need to think about it a bit more.

Hope this helps.
Old 20th August 2008, 12:34   #23
BHPian

Thanks Bonobashi

Thanks for summin it up. Bonobashi!

You and Gemithomas have answered my query!

Thanks and cheers!~
Rudrah
Old 20th August 2008, 13:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Good to see more satisfied customers for FIAT. cheers:

Adventure is a rock solid car, infact I tried getting a used one and ended up in buying 1.2Sport as adventures were very rare to find in second market. Always heard the wonderful experience from owners, hats off to FIAT team. Hope Croma will be the future answer to those who miss Adventure.
Old 20th August 2008, 14:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

good review omar. lucky you with a.s.s. good luck buddy and many more happy kms to come!

Srik

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks