Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2008, 20:21   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumina View Post
The last one was more a review of the service in US. Didn't have any idea such malpractices are common in those places as well. (or is it just in Texas?)

Touching story and beautiful pictures of a loved car. Are you going to visit her once more before you return?
Thanku!

Although Texas seemed and is quite different from the rest of US. History would give you the pointers, as to why. But such practices more or less, is a SOP rather than a malpractice almost worldwide. The difference is in the magnitude and frequency.

There are many folks, even the ones owning run-of-the-mill Corolla's and Camry's who fall prey, unaware of the fact that they have been robbed. Usually they fall for the comforting smile, tone, sofa and the coffee at the reception, rather than bother about what is really wrong.

But then, if they are okay with parting with the money, who am I to complain. Moreover, the histrionics that those mechanics display certainly deserves a return. Thats how economics work.

"Public ko topi pehnao. pehen liya to mast hai. nahi pehna to pehn ne waale kam hai kya?"

I tried translating this to english, but in english the "topi" part doesn't really make that sense!!

Last edited by 1100D : 13th October 2008 at 20:22.
Old 13th October 2008, 20:34   #32
Senior - BHPian

This thread is straight from the heart. I am not a person who gets emotional ( tears coming down ) quickly, but this thread and the car images made me emotional. I was looking at the eyes this Merc and thought that they are also crying yelling " Take me with you ". Fantastic association.
I dont have this type of association with any car, but had with my bike caliber. I cried the day it was given in exchange offer.

IIRC, this was the E with which Mercedes started its Indian stint. Was also available with diesel heart, and the only difference between petrol and diesel being some side air slots. But it remains as one of the last Mercedes cars that had the tank like feel.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 13th October 2008 at 20:35.
Old 19th October 2008, 16:41   #33
BHPian

great write-up. It has body (tech details) and soul, (all the rest)!

I suppose to safeguard getting ripped off by the mechanics, one has to become a bit of an expert oneself about the car, and find a mechanic who has an honest soul. It doesn't matter what car it is, Maruti or Skoda or Merc, a dishonest service centre will always try and make a fast buck.
One thing I was struck by, travelling in the Middle East and Europe, the preferred brand for taxis are Mercs, so they must be low on maintenance!
Old 28th October 2008, 20:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
great write-up. It has body (tech details) and soul, (all the rest)!

I suppose to safeguard getting ripped off by the mechanics, one has to become a bit of an expert oneself about the car, and find a mechanic who has an honest soul. It doesn't matter what car it is, Maruti or Skoda or Merc, a dishonest service centre will always try and make a fast buck.
One thing I was struck by, travelling in the Middle East and Europe, the preferred brand for taxis are Mercs, so they must be low on maintenance!

Sorry for checking this so late.

Mercedes Benz's are not low on maintenance, but, when your usage is high, the upkeep cost per usage (say maintenance costs per mile driven) gets very low. These cars love to be driven long. They are usually very robust (not a single rattle or squeak in 144k miles). If you are not clocking too many miles it doesn't reward your pocket. However, for non-taxi buyers the attraction is completely different.

But sometimes I wonder why hasn't the 5-series appealed to the cabbie.
Old 29th September 2009, 12:47   #35
BHPian

This is one beautiful thread.
STAR-Car Lover from the heart.
After reading this thread , I miss the car as much as you do , 1100D
The mechanic who did not do up the car right , got cussed really bad.
All this is happening in office , so my colleaugues are wondering who is ticking me off so bad.
Gives an impression that I am working real hard , so it is OK
Old 6th October 2009, 16:32   #36
Senior - BHPian

Thats a lovely write-up.Green shade of the car is really elegant.
May I know what next stored in your garage?
Old 7th October 2009, 19:42   #37
BHPian

Real Passion is being shared by this writer. I am in love with your car by the end of this. I just put Mercedes back in to my list.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks