Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2008, 17:39   #31
BHPian

Congrats F1Fan. Nice color and looks great.
Put up some pics once you are decked with with mags.
BTW, what are those green round objects placed in front of both the wheels? Anything to do with rituals?

Enjoy the ride and drive safe.

Cheers cheers:
Old 25th November 2008, 19:20   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congrats - the car looks great in this blue color. First time I'm seeing this color for the dzire.
Do post more pics and experiences.
Old 25th November 2008, 21:09   #33
BHPian

Congratulations. please post the pics of the interiors once you have Seat covers done
Old 25th November 2008, 22:32   #34
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride! i love the colour it is cool.
drive safe.
Old 26th November 2008, 11:42   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post

Hi TOR, I am still waiting for the tires . They have been ordered and have come in today, hence would have that changed. The tire dealer requested me to drive minimal distance as they would be replaced soon. Hence havent driven much from Wednesday.
what is the price offered by the tyre dealer for the stock tyres under exchange?
Old 26th November 2008, 20:48   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUM View Post
Congrats F1Fan. Nice color and looks great.
Put up some pics once you are decked with with mags.
BTW, what are those green round objects placed in front of both the wheels? Anything to do with rituals?

Enjoy the ride and drive safe.

Cheers cheers:
Those are lemons. The priest did keep one each in front of each tire. Even we had bought along a set of four lemons, hence you would see two lemons in front of each tire.
BTW no mags at the moment. I went in only for the tire change

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridak View Post
what is the price offered by the tyre dealer for the stock tyres under exchange?
I got tired waiting for the XM1+ as it was not in stock anywhere, hence finally went in for the XM1. Replaced the stock MRF ZVTS with Michelin XM1 185/70/R14. Got 1300 each for the stock tires ( The return price for JK was 1100) and 3650 for the XM1. Hence final cost was 2350/tire.

I was told by the MUL sales guy that MUL is facing lot of issues with the JK that they provide as stock tires, hence they are discontinuing the same. This might be the reason how I got MRF as stock tires instead of the JK ones.
Old 31st July 2009, 16:12   #37
BHPian

Report at 10,000 Kms

Hi All,
Wanted to share with you all my ownership experience at 10K kms.
The car is going great (touch wood). Just had the 10K 3rd service done at Vitesse, prabhadevi after dabbling with Sai Service for the first two services.

Following are some positives and negatives:
Positives:
1. Engine is great. Once inside, with the a/c on, there is absolutely no noise inside.
2. Mileage is excellent. In city bumper-bumper I get easily 16kmpl with 100% AC and on highways the best I have received is approx 22 kmpl.
3. I believe due to the angle of the rear seat, it is a much better experience sitting behind compared to sitting in a Swift.
4. Drive is excellent and well planted. A big thanks to fellow Team BHP'ians who told me to change the rubber asap on delivery. Changed the tires to Michelin XM1.

Cons:
1. I feel the door sheet metal is thin. A couple of stones that have hit the door have left beautiful imprints.
2. Rains and bad roads of mumbai have induced a couple of small rattles in the car. Believe me, I had bought the car Nov 2008 and till June 2009, there was hardly any rattles and in a couple of months of bad roads, I can count atleast three small rattles.

3rd Service:
Did the 10K service at Vitesse. They did a fab job. Apart from Oil change (This time I had specifically asked to change to Mobil only as I was not happy with the Servo oil change at 5K) and the oil change has done wonders. Thanks Jaggu for your inputs.
All rattles have been addressed and Vitesse also did change the brake settings due to which brakes are a lot better now. There was a sound coming from the brake pedal ( a small tick sound when pressed completely) and was identified to a pin being loose there. That was fixed too. The turbo whoosh which I felt had dipped earlier is surely back and I am enjoying it.
Total dent to my pocket was Rs. 1207 ( Approx breakup Rs 666 for Oil, 333 for filter, 50 for coolant topup and rest all are taxes)
Overall very very happy with the car and also with Vitesse.
Mods: Can you pls rename this thread as " My desire for a Dzire VDi - Ownership Experience at 10K Kms" and move the same to the Long Term ownership forum.

Last edited by f1fan : 31st July 2009 at 16:14.
Old 2nd August 2009, 09:36   #38
BHPian

@f1fan, thats good to hear about your experience.

Your posts on DZire was a one 'o' factor in deciding to buy a Dzire for myself.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...dzire-vdi.html

I absolutely love the mileage that this car delivers. I was getting a mere 7-8 Kms on my Indica XETA.
Old 19th August 2009, 20:06   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Did the 10K service at Vitesse. They did a fab job. Apart from Oil change (This time I had specifically asked to change to Mobil only as I was not happy with the Servo oil change at 5K) and the oil change has done wonders. Thanks Jaggu for your inputs.
All rattles have been addressed and Vitesse also did change the brake settings due to which brakes are a lot better now. There was a sound coming from the brake pedal ( a small tick sound when pressed completely) and was identified to a pin being loose there. That was fixed too. The turbo whoosh which I felt had dipped earlier is surely back and I am enjoying it.
Total dent to my pocket was Rs. 1207 ( Approx breakup Rs 666 for Oil, 333 for filter, 50 for coolant topup and rest all are taxes)
Overall very very happy with the car and also with Vitesse.
Mods: Can you pls rename this thread as " My desire for a Dzire VDi - Ownership Experience at 10K Kms" and move the same to the Long Term ownership forum.
mobil oil for 666??!!
Old 1st October 2009, 15:28   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opalcute View Post
mobil oil for 666??!!
Sorry for the late reply as I saw this post late.
Yup the cost of oil replacement was Rs 666. Atleast that was the breakup in my final bill. This is for 3.1L of Mobil oil.

Last edited by f1fan : 1st October 2009 at 15:29.
Old 1st October 2009, 16:22   #41
BHPian

Dear f1fan, what is the service interval of the dezire? Is it not 15k kms and how often does one need to change the diesel filter?
Old 5th October 2009, 15:40   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdoctorind View Post
Dear f1fan, what is the service interval of the dezire? Is it not 15k kms and how often does one need to change the diesel filter?
Service Interval is as follows:
1000 Kms
5000 Kms
10000 Kms, 20000 Kms, 30000 Kms....
i.e. after 10,000 Kms it is at an interval of 10000 Kms.

If I am not wrong the diesel filter needs to be changed every 20,000 Kms

Most Viewed