Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2009, 20:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Slurp slurp, drool drool------I am eagerly waiting for your mods to get over so that I can plonk myself in your car and watch other cars turning into dots in the ORVMs. I know that your car is quite powerful in its stock form itself.

As requested by others---why don't you post pics of your ride, both before and after the Pete's box is ploned in?
Old 12th March 2009, 20:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey Raveendra, cant wait to check out your ride on the 15th. The box would have turned it into one hell of a beast. (300 nm on a 135 kg car !!!!)
Old 12th March 2009, 21:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Slurp slurp, drool drool------I am eagerly waiting for your mods to get over so that I can plonk myself in your car and watch other cars turning into dots in the ORVMs. I know that your car is quite powerful in its stock form itself.

As requested by others---why don't you post pics of your ride, both before and after the Pete's box is ploned in?
I would love to, but I lost my camera in Suryalanka. Kya karen? Recession chal raha hai na! Maybe Avi or one of the others will do the honours. The Pete's box will not be interesting in photos, hopefully the spoiler will!

Cheers,
Old 13th March 2009, 00:43   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I would love to, but I lost my camera in Suryalanka. Kya karen? Recession chal raha hai na!
Recession is on and you can buy a Petes box, but not a camera that costs maybe 1/3rd of Petes!!!

Just joking, I love Lauras and please do find a way to post some pics.
Old 13th March 2009, 01:39   #20
BHPian

congrats on possession of such a sweet ride and now a pete'd sweet ride!
waiting for your review of the car after the box and also some pics. drive safe and press the gas man!
Old 13th March 2009, 17:03   #21
BHPian

i'm keeping a close eye on this thread. Would love to read your detailed report after installing petes. And please post some timings too even if they are not 100% accurate.
Old 13th March 2009, 17:25   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Avi for the lead. I met Harshit and he was most helpful.
Congrats Raveendra, and your welcome.

Glad to know you took the plunge. The brother gang of this dealer ship is quite customer friendly and since all of them young fellows themselves, they seem more eager and excited than the actual customer

Quote:
The figures for the stock Laura are 250 Nm @ 1900 Rpm and 105 Bhp @ 4000 Rpm. With the box (at setting 1) it goes up to 300 Nm and 129 Bhp. This for a car weighing about 1350 Kg (unladen kerb weight).
That's a huge jump in BHP ( 24bhp) whereas mine was stock 82 and it went up to 98bhp ( Increase of 16bhp only) so in comparison i need to shed bucketful of tears.

I always felt Laura's with their bulk ( love their shape and built ) was a bit underpowered ( though it may not be in real sense) but this safe addition will totally transform the way you drive.

Note that initial few days you may not note the difference since you will be so used to the stock condition but as you drive a bit more, the full potential and realization will strike you and this is when a permanent grin will be seen on your face.

Finally, drive real careful as the power can become really addictive. Happy Motoring
Old 18th March 2009, 15:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

Its a saloon, its a coupe - No its a TANK! Now Pete'd!

Time for an update midway. A fair bit is happening with my Laura.

First, the bad news - The Laura swallowed up a whole kilometre between Hyderabad and Tandur! Read more about it at my post no. 607 in the thread 'Hyderabad: March'09 Drive Meet' - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post1216276

Post that incident, the ol gal came out unscathed much to the ashtonishment of all who were on the scene. She is now officially recognised as a Tank!

Next the interesting news. I had been toying with the idea of spicing up my car. I thought about a re-map but the same was not advised. I finally decided to plonk in a 'Pete's Tuning Box'. The same was fitted today with the odo at 22655 Km. I have bought the green cotton filter alongwith the cleaning solution and oil spray and bunged them into the dickie for future use, if necessary. The whole thing set me back by about Rs. 35,100/- (INR 31,200/- for the box).

I have barely driven the car for 10 Km. after fitting the box, so it is far too early to comment or give a review of it, but I can share my first impressions.

The engine is neither smoother nor rougher than before, it is, if anything, crisper. I think the box delays the ignition/injection - much like setting an engine in 'retard'. The car now starts pulling from 'idle', the low end pick up is markedly improved. Over 2000 rpm - the car takes off like a rocket!

I need to change my tyres. On my way back, I dropped into Ashoka Tyres/Wheels. After I tell him I have Pete'd it he takes one look at my old Dunlop Sports 01 A's and tells me to get rid of them. He recommends Pirellis (for grip & control) or Michelins (for comfort). I have used Pirellis on my old Opel Corsa and remember the awesome grip and bite they gave.

I am weighing the pros - and cons of shifting to Skoda OE 17inch alloys available through the Skoda dealer alongwith wider rubber or sticking to 16 inch rims with 225/50 or 215/55 (the 205s are not for me). It might eventually boil down to costing (and ECM's forecasts being right!).

Cheers,
Old 18th March 2009, 15:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

So finally Mr. Peter sings in your tank.

cant wait to check this baby out! and yes, now hopefully we can get a proper doughnut from the laura with the esp turned off!
Old 18th March 2009, 18:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

Ravveendra, congrats man!
As regards Pirelli tyres, I was informed by Yashraj that the company has closed down. Can you please cross-check on this point?
Did you get your car repaired at the authorized centre? If so, you should have dropped in.
Old 18th March 2009, 18:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
...cant wait to check this baby out! and yes, now hopefully we can get a proper doughnut from the laura with the esp turned off!
You are welcome, but my hand stays away from that ESP button now.

Quote:
Ravveendra, congrats man!
As regards Pirelli tyres, I was informed by Yashraj that the company has closed down. Can you please cross-check on this point?
Did you get your car repaired at the authorized centre? If so, you should have dropped in.
Thanks for the tip about Pirelli. What repairs? I have not touched the car yet. I am waiting for the spoiler before I send it for servicing - 1 trip is better than 2!

Cheers and thanks guys,
Old 18th March 2009, 19:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

I read somewhere that you had minor damages on the underside of the car after you flattened a milestone. Didn't you get them fixed?
Old 18th March 2009, 19:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I read somewhere that you had minor damages on the underside of the car after you flattened a milestone. Didn't you get them fixed?
I hit a milestone & flattened it. The Laura is a tank & there is no underbody damage. Damage is restricted to a scratched and bent number-plate and 2 missing plastic dummies between the fog lamps and the grille. I checked the bumper metal support inside the plastic bumper and it too seems fine. Nothing needs to be done till the next service which is due in April.

Cheers,
Old 18th March 2009, 21:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

< I hit a milestone & flattened it>.

Wow, then you need a new handle---something like MileCrusher--not very different from MileCruncher----he he, just kidding.
I hope the car does look aesthetically pleasing, despite the missing plastic dummies.
BTW, why were those dummies given on the bumper? Just curious.
Old 18th March 2009, 23:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
< I hit a milestone & flattened it>.

Wow, then you need a new handle---something like MileCrusher--not very different from MileCruncher----he he, just kidding.
I hope the car does look aesthetically pleasing, despite the missing plastic dummies.
BTW, why were those dummies given on the bumper? Just curious.
Cannot change handles on TBHP. The car needs a new number plate. The dummies are next to the air intake - in-line with the fog lamps. they provide access to the horns and fog lamps. The car does look incomplete but the missing pieces are small - same size as the fog lamps.

Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks