Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2010, 13:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

These Hotel Market guys exploit the EPCG scheme to the core(yellow board Ferrari's anyone?).
But im noticing a surprising increase in the No of White Board Camry's in Bangalore.
Old 22nd April 2012, 02:07   #32
BHPian

Re: Toyota Camry A/T 40,000Kms Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
These Hotel Market guys exploit the EPCG scheme to the core(yellow board Ferrari's anyone?).
But im noticing a surprising increase in the No of White Board Camry's in Bangalore.
Yikes! Bumping an old thread, but dome questions - I'm looking to replace the tyres on my 2007 Camry, what did you get and how much?

Also were those reverse sensors stock or aftermarket? Looking for those two.
What's the odometer reading now? 60,000 I assume? What all did you replace till date as part of running maintainance?
Old 5th May 2012, 11:33   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Yikes! Bumping an old thread, but dome questions - I'm looking to replace the tyres on my 2007 Camry, what did you get and how much?

Also were those reverse sensors stock or aftermarket? Looking for those two.
What's the odometer reading now? 60,000 I assume? What all did you replace till date as part of running maintainance?
Sorry for the late reply, was a little busy lately.

The sensors are after market but were fitted at the Toyota dealer ship.
Tyres cost me 6500 a piece around 2 years ago. Not sure about the prices right now.

Its past 65k Kms now and absolutely no mechanical problems have arisen.
Only issue is with the battery dying off if not used regularly.
vinaydas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 17:49   #34
BHPian

Can you name the tyres? I'm looking for a second set of tyre changes - currently have Yokos at 87k they have word out (they were changed at around 50k).

Also how much did you pay for fitting sensors at the dealership?

Quote:
Sorry for the late reply, was a little busy lately.

The sensors are after market but were fitted at the Toyota dealer ship.
Tyres cost me 6500 a piece around 2 years ago. Not sure about the prices right now.

Its past 65k Kms now and absolutely no mechanical problems have arisen.
Only issue is with the battery dying off if not used regularly.
Old 6th May 2012, 19:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

Yoko A380 are being used on my car. But they are far too Fragile for our Roads. I remember paying around 500 bucks to get the sensors installed some 3 years back.
Old 10th May 2012, 18:32   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Yoko A380 are being used on my car. But they are far too Fragile for our Roads. I remember paying around 500 bucks to get the sensors installed some 3 years back.
Any other tyre suggestions? How much are the Yoko A380s ?
Old 10th May 2012, 19:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
6 in the city and max 10 on the highway if driven sensibly.else get ready for horrible figures..
2 late to edit
Hi Vinay, I too got a 2002 V3 Camry in super condition,(Pls see my thread pertaining to it) got from a known person.
I have not checked but what F.C. I must get in mumbai city and Highway driving.Mine is a manual.
Old 11th May 2012, 09:32   #38
BHPian

Congrats on a fantastic car! You can expect anything between 7-8 in City and maximum 9 in highway driving. You will love this car! Just be careful on steep turns etc, the car is huge and sometimes touches on these tiny turns and tight parking spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Hi Vinay, I too got a 2002 V3 Camry in super condition,(Pls see my thread pertaining to it) got from a known person.
I have not checked but what F.C. I must get in mumbai city and Highway driving.Mine is a manual.
madnish30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 12:31   #39
BHPian

Hi Vinay,

I am looking at a 2008 Nov Camry W1 manual, 47K kms done, single owner, full service history, insurance till Jan 2014. Always driven by the same driver and within Mumbai city. Apart from a small dent at the rear door and maybe a clutch change (since it was driven in mumbai), the rest looks very good. The price quoted is 8 lakh. Based on your experience, want to know your thoughts and any advice - VJ
Old 30th July 2013, 00:14   #40
BHPian

Hi guys. I have a manual 2007 W1 Camry. Have been facing a few issues thought I'd get an opinion from you about the same.
It's the rains which have brought the issue to the front. The auto wipers are not working!! I mean they don't detect any rain and in case of a drizzle need to keep manually flicking the switch to mist clearing mode. The ASS say the sensor is spoiled when the windscreen was replaced. The funny part is that they themselves had replaced the same when it cracked a couple of months back. Never tested the auto wipers since there were no rains at the time and now I'm told that the sensor needs to be replaced and it costs around 12k and ofcourse needs to be ordered first. My question is whether its the sensor or the stalk that is acting up have any of you faced such an issue?

The other problem is that the right headlight xenon has grown dim and after a little while switches off completely. One needs to switch off the lights and switch on again and it comes back to life for a bit before clonking off again! Do xenons get replaced or does the entire headlight assembly need to be changed?

Got the tyres changed to Bridgestone touranza recently (the car has done 68k) Kms and this was the second replacement but this time the steering feels weird after the change. I guess the bearings et all adjusted themselves to a different tune on the older tyres!!

The music system has now stopped reading cd's and the other day the screen went blank though the radio was on. Does anyone have an idea whether the music system could be replaced?

The Ac controls on the steering wheel have also stopped working. Is there anyone who has faced this issue? What is the solution for this?

This pile up of problems has been sudden and over the past 6-8 months. Makes me wonder what has suddenly gone wrong with an otherwise wonderful machine. Is it telling me it's time for it to get replaced??
Old 7th August 2013, 12:07   #41
BHPian

Moderators can you please shift this post to the relevant thread. I think iv posted on the wrong thread as nobody seems to be active in this or maybe its not the relevant thread to post to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
Hi guys. I have a manual 2007 W1 Camry. Have been facing a few issues thought I'd get an opinion from you about the same.
It's the rains which have brought the issue to the front. The auto wipers are not working!! I mean they don't detect any rain and in case of a drizzle need to keep manually flicking the switch to mist clearing mode. The ASS say the sensor is spoiled when the windscreen was replaced. The funny part is that they themselves had replaced the same when it cracked a couple of months back. Never tested the auto wipers since there were no rains at the time and now I'm told that the sensor needs to be replaced and it costs around 12k and ofcourse needs to be ordered first. My question is whether its the sensor or the stalk that is acting up have any of you faced such an issue?

The other problem is that the right headlight xenon has grown dim and after a little while switches off completely. One needs to switch off the lights and switch on again and it comes back to life for a bit before clonking off again! Do xenons get replaced or does the entire headlight assembly need to be changed?

Got the tyres changed to Bridgestone touranza recently (the car has done 68k) Kms and this was the second replacement but this time the steering feels weird after the change. I guess the bearings et all adjusted themselves to a different tune on the older tyres!!

The music system has now stopped reading cd's and the other day the screen went blank though the radio was on. Does anyone have an idea whether the music system could be replaced?

The Ac controls on the steering wheel have also stopped working. Is there anyone who has faced this issue? What is the solution for this?

This pile up of problems has been sudden and over the past 6-8 months. Makes me wonder what has suddenly gone wrong with an otherwise wonderful machine. Is it telling me it's time for it to get replaced??
Old 28th January 2014, 20:27   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by weejai View Post
Hi Vinay,

I am looking at a 2008 Nov Camry W1 manual, 47K kms done, single owner, full service history, insurance till Jan 2014. Always driven by the same driver and within Mumbai city. Apart from a small dent at the rear door and maybe a clutch change (since it was driven in mumbai), the rest looks very good. The price quoted is 8 lakh. Based on your experience, want to know your thoughts and any advice - VJ
Picked up this car last year this time...1 year and about 8k kms later, am very happy with the car and the performance. Detailed review in the draft stage, will complete soon to share.

Changed tyres to yokohama db series
Got complete detailing done at 3M Baner
All lubricants changed last year, service due tomorrow (a year since)!
Done three round trips to Bangalore from Pune...exceptional drive and handling.
Have been using System G additive with fuel, returns about 13kms/lit on highway and 11kms in city to a lit. The best was 13.5 to a liter between Pune to Mumbai without AC and sane driving at 80km/hr most of the time.
no issues, niggles, noise or troubles!
Old 28th January 2014, 20:34   #43
BHPian

Majestic!

Plan to travel to Bangalore from Pune, but the coastal route instead of NH4. Will share details post the travel
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Camry A/T 40,000Kms Report-1.jpg  

Old 28th January 2014, 21:49   #44
Senior - BHPian

My car had done approximately 70K. Which IMO for a car from the Luxury Segment is quite a lot.
She was smooth as butter though and the Engine Growl was quite additive at higher RPMS.
vinaydas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 17:27   #45
BHPian

In my stay at Dubai I travelled in a Camry taxi run about 5,00,000kms. When I asked the driver wether he faced any problem he just smiled and said "it's a Toyota."
The car ran as good as new.
So donot worry and just enjoy the car.

Also how did you like the Fortuner?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks