Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2009, 13:23   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
But 20 on the highway before the first service is great nevertheless. I will post my mileage after a week when I tank it up the second time. Hope I touvh the 20 mark too.
For the petrol version, nothing is changed during the first service. Its only checked for any issues, washed, cleaned and handed back. Is it any different for the diesel version?

If so, i dont expect any variations following the first service.
Old 6th March 2009, 14:25   #32
BHPian

Good color for the car. Finally I felt the new Ikon is also quite good looking.

You are getting a pretty normal mileage for the Diesel engine. My Fiesta ZXi in cochin is getting a wee bit more than 20kmpl. So the Ikon, being lighter should return better mileage.

Enjoy the car. Waiting for more updates.
Old 6th March 2009, 18:06   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseled View Post
I hear you Condor , but I use the auto cut off method as well ( as mentioned by benb as well) , I filled up 38.04 Litres of IO Xtra Mile ( worth 1250 , in Delhi its 32.86/L) and the car ran for 775 kms when it touched the red line. Got the top up done again yesterday with a similar quantity so I don't think the figures can be that skewed.

What's your car's mileage? Also I dont dreive during peak hours, I have to reach office around 2 pm and I leave around 10 30 pm and am generally cruising b/w 60 -80.

benbsb29 - Will check this today only.
Would request a couple of more tank full readings before we all cheer the staggering FE . Even if it were non peak hours and highway kind of driving in city limits, getting 20kmpl is still astonishing !
Old 6th March 2009, 21:17   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Would request a couple of more tank full readings before we all cheer the staggering FE . Even if it were non peak hours and highway kind of driving in city limits, getting 20kmpl is still astonishing !
Nothing astonishing there. I get 16 on my diesel Fusion 100% A/C in city on normal diesel.

With the more aerodynamic ikon, its lesser weight, and premium fuel, 20 is no big surprise. And the a/c part isn't mentioned either if I read correctly enough.
Old 7th March 2009, 23:58   #35
BHPian

Sun Film added and got Bpillar blackened

The weekend was fairly dull, so decided to see the local accessory shop asked him about the black tape for the pillars and he quoted me Rs 150 , got it done instantly while I was waiting there asked him about the sun films he recommended Autographics - 35 ( 35% heat rejection, 70% visibility) price - 1250 got that done as well. Guy has done a good job on putting it on. Will click some pictures tomorrow as it got pretty dark by time I reached back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
And the a/c part isn't mentioned either if I read correctly enough.
Glass , check post #23.
Old 8th March 2009, 22:31   #36
BHPian

Ok, 30% A/C, so all the more reasonable.
Old 11th May 2009, 22:40   #37
BHPian

my mileage dropped to 19.23 kpl (mostly) highway + rural roads (this part highway run too needs frequent gear shifting) touched 100+ kph(80 cruise speed 2k rpm) with four people and 90-100% ac and fair amount of idling.FE was measured with auto cut off method .Fuel is normal HP diesel.Shifts below or just above 2k rpm.Before my first service i got 20.19 .

Last edited by bullboy : 11th May 2009 at 22:43.
Old 24th August 2009, 18:51   #38
BHPian

Hey Dieseled!! Have been reading this thread from the day you started it. Never got the change to write as my membership got approved a few days back.

Even I have the same Brush Steel Ikon TDCi (December '08 model) and am quite satisfied with the performance. Average on my ikon varies from 14-16kmpl in city driving and 19kmpl on highways. Are you getting the same?

Any modifications done so far!!
Old 15th January 2010, 19:59   #39
BHPian

Hi everyone. my apologies for being in hibernation for the last 6 months or so. too much happened in the 7-8 months in my personal/professional life that I rarfely got a chance to login to Team-bhp, although I've been checking in and getting the latest updates but never reaally got any time to login and post updates.

The latest with the car is that no major or minor issues so far, the car has run ~ 18k kms and is ready for the 3rd (paid) service now, which will happen on the 23rd Jan.

Funkydude - I'm getting >20 easily since November(0% AC) and was getting 18-19 during August-Sept if I remember correctly. No mods so far...only basic stuff but will be getting some additions later this month and early nest month as I've started to get a little bore. Thins in my mind:
  • Leather Vinyle seat covers
  • Transparent foot mats ( carpet ones are realy a pain to maintain )
  • Front seat arm rest from Car Raunak(Noida), easy for me as I work in Noida
SEZ.

Will get a photo session done post these updates and will post the Pics for comments.
Old 25th February 2010, 00:05   #40
BHPian

Disaster Happened

So after 13 + months this had to happen, dad hit the front bumper while taking out the car from the parking today, no dent but a quite a few scratches on the from right hand side. I have no clue what to do? I'm really scared to go to Harpreet Ford as I'm pretty sure they would ask for the complete bumper painting and I don't want to claim Insurance for such a minor thing. Also just can't drive a scratched car, I love to keep my cars in top motch conditions.

Will update the thread with the picture and also about the 3rd service expenses and experience.
Old 25th February 2010, 06:57   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

@Dieseled, that's sure to feel bad. You look quite hurt at this moment, but just hang in there.

You are not wrong when you say they will aks for full bumper painting. And a full bumper painting is NOT required. They will be able to do a touch up of the affected area, and then merge the old with the freshly painted areas. My A.S.S has done this twice for me : one on the bumper, and one on the rear left door. The bumper will not have to be removed.

Look out for other options too - outside the A.S.S.
Old 25th February 2010, 14:13   #42
BHPian

Thanks Condor, will go to A.S.S. tomorrow, if I'm not satisfied with the answer will then look out for after market options. Will post the picture in a bit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks