Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2005, 15:08   #16
BHPian

okie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
Give me a week's time and I will post a 40000 km ownership report of my March 2003 Indica LSi. I have 8 km to go before hitting the 40K mark and will be servicing it this weekend.

hrag
Hi, How is your Indica doing after 48000KMs?
Old 21st June 2005, 17:28   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
Hi, How is your Indica doing after 48000KMs?
Slight correction, it is 40000 km and not 48000 km. So far so good. No complaints so far except for the silencer that tends to corrode and work loose off after 18 months and an initially leaking coolant hose. These are supposed to have been solved in the 2004 models (Refreshingly New series). I will post next week with a detailed report (including total maintenance expenses). I expect the 40K service will cost a little more than the previous ones.

My total maintenance expenses to date have been Rs. 14,358 (including all paid service costs, spares, labour etc.). The car has undergone 7 services (including 4 free services) at 5000 km intervals.

hrag
Old 12th December 2005, 12:31   #18
BHPian

Well just a small update on my car
Now its done 7200 kms and checked the FE for only the 2nd time during this duration and I have to say I was surprised again.
For a running of about 290km, it has given me a mileage of 13.25 kmpl (90% of which is city in bad traffic also ands 10% on bypass, all without a/c of course)
For all the horror stories of low mileage of a petrol Indica , I think 13+ is a very good figure especially in a city with bad roads and horror traffic like Pune

I am planning a short trip to Konkan soon. Will get the car serviced after that as there are some grating sounds coming (cant pinpoint where and there are not often either)

I also scraped my rear bumper with a tree while reversing in a tight spot :s
And some moron put a scratch on my right door (maybe a bike parked too close and scrateched while removing it) :-(
Old 9th February 2006, 11:36   #19
BHPian

My car just came back from its 2nd free service last evening...there were no major issues only usual oil change, air filter etc, a new LHS mirror and some wiper/wash nozzle adjustment.

Apparently the facelifted Indica ( 2004 end) only has 1 reverse light (white) !!
I told the guy that 1 light is not working and he says, there is only 1 light , lol
Dunno why Tata would do that though ??

Total cost = Rs 2300

- LHS Mirror replaced = Rs 1050
- Engine Oil = Rs 450 approx
- Oil supplement ~ Rs 310

Now the car has run abt 8500 kms and will complete a year in a few days.
Touchwood, no problems so far and only money spent on it is the above Rs2300 (of which main cost is a mirror I broke :-( ) in 1 whole year.
Service people were helpful and quite prompt with answering my questions too and plus deliverd the car at exact time they said they wouild. I really dislike when people commit a time and dont make it, its better even if they take more time but tell that time as delivery time in advance.
Old 15th October 2009, 22:32   #20
BHPian

Update after a long time

I have not updated my ownership review for quite some time
My car has now done 26,000 kms and has run very well during all this time. I have not spent any money on her apart from regular servicing and a minor things here and there (removing a couple of dents and replacing mirror/wipers etc)

Recently one of my OEM tyres went kaput and had to replace them. Instead of replacing one or two, went in for the whole set although the current would probably have run a few thousand more but did not want to risk any issues as one of them had cracks on its sidewall.

Most of my running happens on highways (lots of state highways too) probably 60-70% of all my running has been outside of city limits.

Attached is a pic of the new Michelin XM1+ now doing duty on my car and a photo taken on a recent trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Indica V2 Petrol-xm1.jpg  

Indica V2 Petrol-car_side.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks