Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2009, 17:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

any update on the car - did you get the photo shoot done?
Old 27th April 2009, 20:24   #32
BHPian

Here I go again!!!!

This being another one of my trips to wayanad, decided to finally stop and take some photos. Last time I was there I was in a mighty hurry. Told people that I had left when I was actually in the office looking at some last minute work. So ended up doing a quick 3,5 hour dash

This time around its a more relaxed drive with some pictures

We left by around 5.30 in the morning. Took the usual Coimbatore - Annur - Sathymangalam - Dimbam - Asanur route. Stopped at Hotel Annapoorna - my favorite restaraunt on this strech. They serve amazing omlettes and chicken fry!

Some pics taken enroute. The roads in Tamilnadu side are amazing! They are repaired very frequently and are a dream ( especially if you have good suspension and neovas!!! ) And you can see the roads on the KA portion are not well all that great!

Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec - Ownership Experience-dsc01845.jpg
Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec - Ownership Experience-dsc01850.jpg

Another break near Muthanga to change nappies.
Me and lil daughter with the Mivec

Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec - Ownership Experience-dsc01855.jpg

I look groggy because I (only) slept 5 hours that night while she slept through out!!!

Believe it or not!!!

Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec - Ownership Experience-dsc01856.jpg

I got a FE of close to 16kmpl for this leg of the journey. With 195 profile s drives I am sure I can touch 17 kmpl LOL.

Some random snaps in wayanad. Was there for my sis-in-law's wedding. Nice climate after 4. 11-4 its really hot!

Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec - Ownership Experience-dsc01935.jpg
Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec - Ownership Experience-dsc01938.jpg

On the way back came across this family. Been seeing them so often in teh same area that last time me and my daughter decided to name them.

Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec - Ownership Experience-dsc01963.jpg
Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec - Ownership Experience-dsc01966.jpg

Last edited by Harrie : 27th April 2009 at 20:36.
Old 27th April 2009, 20:32   #33
BHPian

A Detour and some more snaps!

On the way back decided to make a small detour through thalavady. Wanted to take some snaps to convince people to go there for the next DRIVE!

This little village Thalavady has a special place in my heart. A very serene place. Mustered up some courage to get out of the car and take some snaps. Good place for all the 4*4s to strech their legs and maybe to go tracking the night. What say?

Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec - Ownership Experience-dsc01968.jpg
Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec - Ownership Experience-dsc01970.jpg
Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec - Ownership Experience-dsc01971.jpg

A little while later all confidence left me and I got in the car and drove off!!! Took a few more snaps from inside the car. This is one of the last regions in Tamilnadu where the tigers still roam freely. So naturally at 4 pm I didnt want to end up becoming tiger food by getting out of the car and crouching for some nat geo photos

Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec - Ownership Experience-dsc01976.jpg

Found a watering hole nearby. Sure thingy to spot a few bisons and elephants in the night durig dry weather ( thats right now! )

Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec - Ownership Experience-dsc01973.jpg

On the way back stopped near Sathyamangalam. The canal was runnign full. Stopped to take a few snaps of teh canal and the car. Another amazing strech of road all the way till Coimbatore. Truly a drivers paradise.

Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec - Ownership Experience-dsc01977.jpg
Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec - Ownership Experience-dsc01980.jpg
Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec - Ownership Experience-dsc01982.jpg

I have reclaimed and how!!!!

Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec - Ownership Experience-dsc01984.jpg

Lancer Mivec Suspension Neovas!!!!
Old 27th April 2009, 21:08   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hey buddie nice report,and so many people wondering about the color.Let me put it this way ,one reason why i got the verna was the color -orangish red.Looks so cool and you get the rush of the most wanted hormones just by seeing it.Wonderfull car and take good care of her harrie,

cheers

ram
Old 28th April 2009, 11:03   #35
BHPian

It took me exactly one and a half month to settle down on the colour. Wanted something that looked different without being too flashy. Somehow the lancer red didnot suit te charecter of the car. I personally feel this color suits the car to the T.

P.S - I like the car more when its in the shade than in the sun
Old 28th April 2009, 11:51   #36
BHPian

I have experienced the MIVEC kick and i am in love with it.

Can you please tell us more about maintainance part like
- Service interval and its cost
- Do we have to import if clutch( or any part let us know) is gone.

I have seen people saying it can do 6.7sec to 0-100 and 11sec for a quarter mile and some say no its only faster than an RS. let us know the actual figures for a stock mivec.

Do you really suggest this car for a person who wants a fast car and peace of mind.
Please give more details on what are all the bad experiences you had with it if any.
All these questions was because even i was planning for one.

Last edited by brraj : 28th April 2009 at 11:52.
Old 28th April 2009, 12:16   #37
Senior - BHPian

nice pics there. so the fastest way to reach wayanad from coimby is your car!
i am thinking of the same color with black roof, black mirrors, and black alloys.
i second you opinion on sathy road. what a road! i never (ok very less no of times) changed gear on it. hail TN for that.
Old 28th April 2009, 12:27   #38
Senior - BHPian

brajj, you can have peace of mind if you take care of fuel quality. you should have list of trusted pumps.
Old 28th April 2009, 14:27   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Can you please tell us more about maintainance part like
- Service interval and its cost
- Do we have to import if clutch( or any part let us know) is gone.
I dont really know about the service interval. What I normally end up doing is getting my mech to check up on the essentials before leaving on a long trip. Otherwise the engine oil is changed every 5000 kms ( yes its synthetic but I still do it )

Most parts are available in coimbatore ( brake pads i know for sure, the guy says clutch too ) if they are not you can get it with electra performance. Worst come worst you can get it in 3-4days time from singapore / malaysia.

Quote:
I have seen people saying it can do 6.7sec to 0-100 and 11sec for a quarter mile and some say no its only faster than an RS. let us know the actual figures for a stock mivec.
I wouldnt know Never tested it as such. Its faster than a RS for sure. Have seen Farhan's mivec take on a Cayenne. I am not too much into the top speeds also. Its a fast stable car. Good for cross country touring provided you take care of the fuel.

Quote:
Do you really suggest this car for a person who wants a fast car and peace of mind.
Yes!!!!
If you love driving then look no further. But then if you compare it with the elantra you might be a tad disappointed. This is better than your OHCs and Balenos. But definitley not in the Crdi league as far as top speed and comfort are concerned.

Quote:
nice pics there. so the fastest way to reach wayanad from coimby is your car!
i am thinking of the same color with black roof, black mirrors, and black alloys.
i second you opinion on sathy road. what a road! i never (ok very less no of times) changed gear on it. hail TN for that.
Yup. Coimbatore to Bathery is only 3.5 hours now
The bus through ooty takes about 9 hours I think LOL

Let me know if you want me to get you the dupont color code. I'll chck here and let you know. The color name is Lamborghini "Fire Opal Red".
Old 28th April 2009, 15:10   #40
BHPian

Great stuff, Harrie, it's nice to see you enjoying every moment with your car. It's a fantastic engine, fun to drive and relaible and fast when you want it to be.

Take care & drive safe.
Old 28th April 2009, 15:15   #41
Senior - BHPian

Harrie,

glad you are enjoying this car. How do you service this one? Will Mitsu dealers service this?
Old 28th April 2009, 15:30   #42
BHPian

i know this sounds stupid but whats a MIVEC lancer?
Old 28th April 2009, 15:52   #43
BHPian

Thanks for the honest review harrie. lets see if i can make it to track day this friday so that i can have a look at your car.
are you coming?
Old 28th April 2009, 16:11   #44
BHPian

Cool car and even cooler report and pic's. The paint and painting finish look great.

Where did you get it done?

Enjoy maadi...
Old 28th April 2009, 16:29   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
i know this sounds stupid but whats a MIVEC lancer?
Hey Dock,

MIVEC - Mitsubishi Innovtive Valve Timing and Lift Electronic control.

It is similar to VTEC, VVTI, etc etc.

@Harrie - Is your car still running the DBA rotors or have you changed them. Are your front callipers single pot or twin pot ?

Last edited by Sideways : 28th April 2009 at 16:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks