Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 21:10   #61
BHPian

take legal action

If something like this happens in a developed county like US, Hyundai will not be able to sell another car until they accept that there is a problem and take measures to fix it.
Nan, your friend should have tried to get some attention from media.
All these big companies are afraid of negative publicity. They don't care about legal litigation or govt, because they know they can deal with them as they have lot of money and power.

Moderator , please remove below mentioned quote, if you think it is off topic.
I have an example:-
one of my friends House caught fire. Fire has started in his brand new IFB washing machine. He asked IFB for compensation, but they kept telling him that the reason machine caught fire was because of faulty wiring. when he told them that he is a software engineer and he will start sending emails regarding this incidence to all the software professions in Hyderabad, they immediately agreed to pay him compensation. He got around 1.5 lacks compensation and a brad new washing machine.
Old 27th November 2009, 13:23   #62
BHPian

Rats! This sounds like bluff from Hyundai. Dont listen to there reason, get some independent surveyor to get check done, register a case with consumer court and file for full compensation in terms of new car and other damages.
Companies need to change "Yeh Chalta hai" attitude towards customer care.. Though I have nothing against HMIL even companies like Toyota can do mistakes, read about Toyota recalling 3.4 Million vehicles for gas pedal recall. Apparently gas pedal would stick to floor mat and then accelerate out of control. (Toyota to replace 3.8 million gas pedals - Autos- msnbc.com) HMIL should accept design flaw issue and get going to fix it for all cars with defect.

I am glad that your friend is safe, ask him to not let it go
Old 18th May 2011, 12:17   #63
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 catches fire during ignition!

Hi All,

I own a Hyundai i10 Kappa Oct 2008 model. It has run about 28000 kms.

On Tuesday, while going to office, a biker pointed out that petrol is spilling from my car. I immediately got down, and checked it out personally.

I noticed that the petrol was dripping like water from the engine bay. Took the car to a nearby petrol pump, which was hardly 200 mts away, and got a checked with a mechanic. As per him, the pipe which transfers the petrol to the engine bay is damaged. And that is why the petrol is dripping.

Called up Hyundai Road Assistance. They told me not to start the car at all. They sent down a tow truck to pick up my car. On investigation at the MGF Hyundai workshop at Rama Road, Delhi, they told me that the pipe has been damaged due to a rat bite.

So, I have asked them to replace the petrol pipe. But, the problem is they don't have the part with them. As per the workshop, they have asked the part to be delivered directly from Hyundai factory at Chennai. It has been already been almost 3 days now, but the part hasn't arrived as of yet.

Anyways, after going through this thread, I feel I am fortunate that nothing catastrophic happened in my case. Thankfully, I discovered the leak in time.

Now my questions are:
1. Why would a car manufacturer make a fuel pipe that can be damaged by rodents?
2. If this type of case has happened earlier, why didn't Hyundai learned from mistakes?

Last edited by woof : 18th May 2011 at 12:23.
Old 18th May 2011, 14:20   #64
Senior - BHPian

Rats eating up wires and pipes is a common issue faced by people.

Check this thread for solutions employed by other team-bhpians : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-car-rats.html
Old 18th May 2011, 15:39   #65
Senior - BHPian

Fuel lines should not be "chewable" by rats. I think quite a few card have either metal lines or lines covered in wire mesh.
Old 26th July 2019, 16:57   #66

Firstly, rats chewing fuel lines is a common problem, and I have heard of this happening on my neighbour's Merc too. However, Hyundai cars seem to be specifically susceptible. My earlier Getz was a victim once, and I had to get the fuel pipe replaced after a rat bite caused fuel leakage. At the time I had myself suggested to the mechanic that he put a wire mesh around the pipe to prevent this in future and he had complied. Recently, my Grand i10 had the same thing happen, and this time I could actually see the petrol spurting out due to the fuel-line pressure. Got the car towed to the ASS and looks like they have learnt the trick - the SA immediately told me that they will put wire mesh on the replaced pipe to prevent further occurance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks