Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2009, 15:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, and here are the pics featuring the car - no need to resize because they are from my little sony, there was a lot of rain, and I was not able to get my SLR working most of the time. Lavasa blew my mind, and I will post that elsewhere, with lots of pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Pajero SFX one year on-dsc01585.jpg  

Pajero SFX one year on-dsc01587.jpg  

Pajero SFX one year on-dsc01591.jpg  

Old 17th July 2009, 17:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

I find that the powertools stuff does not work on Vista - got a few larger size pix on the SLR that I am not able to upload. Same pics essentially, just better quality.
Old 17th July 2009, 17:16   #18
Team-BHP Support

Use free software like GIMP. It will easily allow you to scale images.
Just choose scale image and select resolution like 1200x800 etc.,
Old 17th July 2009, 17:32   #19
BANNED

Bring it on...

Good teasers, the Pajero looks fantastic, waiting for the real thing now...
Old 17th July 2009, 17:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Good teasers, the Pajero looks fantastic, waiting for the real thing now...
Huh? What more are you looking for?
Old 17th July 2009, 18:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

Pics from the SLR, just the few that the rain allowed me to take. I still don't know how to downsize them, so I have done the next best thing - cropped them down!
A new issue I noticed in the car is that when I was hauling the car out of a deadend road, making a steep hairpin climb out, I was not able to use 4L, because I was still on narrow tarmac. Locking the differential would mean that the driveline would fight back on the turn, so I had to come out in 4H. Needed some clutch slipping in first for a bit, but the ability to use 4L in center differential open mode would have been good. How else does one climb steep turning tarmac roads??
Attached Thumbnails
Pajero SFX one year on-img_8242.jpg  

Pajero SFX one year on-img_8257.jpg  

Pajero SFX one year on-img_8258.jpg  

Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2009, 21:09   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Huh? What more are you looking for?
Well, some off roading/jungle pictures of your car with the foliage all around, and of course the interiors too if possible.
Old 18th July 2009, 08:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Well, some off roading/jungle pictures of your car with the foliage all around, and of course the interiors too if possible.
Still have to get around to doing that, though I would be more at ease bashing around off road in a Gypsy.
Here's a pic on one of the roads down to the Konkan coast - tons of them, all of them spectacular. This was a drive chasing the monsoon early in June. I fear we chased it away way too well, and it is just about coming back
Attached Thumbnails
Pajero SFX one year on-img_8189.jpg  

Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2009, 08:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so I had to come out in 4H. Needed some clutch slipping in first for a bit, but the ability to use 4L in center differential open mode would have been good. How else does one climb steep turning tarmac roads??
Thanks for sharing pics. Its always nice to see a Pajero on Team-bhp.

Climbing steep turning tarmac roads can easily be done in 2 wheel drive and one doesn't need 4wd there.
Old 18th July 2009, 08:47   #25
Senior - BHPian

Its not the 4 wheel that will help, it is the low range, if available. This one was not a public road, and it was steeper than most public ones would be.

Last edited by Sawyer : 18th July 2009 at 08:48. Reason: typo
Old 18th July 2009, 08:48   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

oh man, I love this vehicle. The only thing that is keeping me away from the pajero is the underpowered engine.
Old 19th July 2009, 18:13   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Superb pictures adding the finishing touches to an excellent review. Now, we need to get some mud on that Paj!

Quote:
I still don't know how to downsize them
Post no.4 from this announcement is your friend.

Quote:
I was not able to use 4L, because I was still on narrow tarmac.
What does narrow tarmac have to do with the low ratio? Since you slipped your clutch in 4H, 2nd or 3rd in low would have been best for that situation.
Old 19th July 2009, 18:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

It wasn't the narrow part that was a factor, but the steep and turning tarmac part. Low would have been ideal, but the one time I used it in 4Lc earlier in a similar situation, the center diff locked transmission sounded/felt like it was fighting back. Hence the wish for low range with open center diff. Which is the one thing the car doesn't have, and I maybe picking nits here.
I hear you about the mud....!!
PS: Actually, the narrow was a factor as well, on a wider road one can do some left right direction changing to reduce the degree of climb. The road had a deep shoulder so that was not an option.

Last edited by Sawyer : 19th July 2009 at 18:26. Reason: the PS
Old 19th July 2009, 18:33   #29
BHPian

Stuff made of dreams! specially for me - I remember fantasizing about the Pajero ~ 20 yrs back as a kid in a 800 going to school and boy it still tugs my heart.

Sawyer - request you to pls post some interior pics as well - showcasing the dash, intrumentaion panel, the seats and support they provide.

great car - just curious - why have u put it up for sale? or has that changed? :-)

cheers!
Old 19th July 2009, 18:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensi View Post
great car - just curious - why have u put it up for sale? or has that changed? :-)

cheers!
For the right price, it is still for sale. I am not really doing justice to its capability, to be honest, and driving it in the city feels more antisocial by the day. If and when this does go, I think I will get myself a new soft top Gypsy, and use that for the occassional back to nature thing. My wife is quite annoyed with me about such thinking, because she loves the car. We shall see how things pan out

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks