Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 00:13   #61
BHPian

wonderful review! voted 5*
I always wondered about Reva. This review cleared a lot of doubts.

Hope TATA buys the reva electric tech and uses it on the Nano. I want to see these electric nanos replace all the polluting autorickshaws.
Old 20th August 2009, 13:44   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki_Rau View Post
PS-Dont know whether you have read the related thread "2006 G Whiz review"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post
I would like to hear more about your horrid experience. This forum is as good as any, so feel free to bring out the negative points to benefit the consumers as well as the company so that they can improve on it.

I have read the g-wiz thread. if you have posted in that thread, I'll take a look at that too, though I didn't remember reading any such thing.
Vicki - My apologies. I hadn't read that thread in entirety earlier, only the initial report from Mike.

Did you hear back from Reva on your complaints?
Old 21st August 2009, 16:33   #63

One of the best reports on T-bhp. well deserved 5* .i am eagerly waiting for LI ions pack in market. by the way what happend to the NiMh pack that was in discussion earlier. any idea ?
Old 24th August 2009, 14:52   #64
evo
BHPian

@Pacchu:

Thank you very much for an impeccable review. The detailed pics are amazing and have done much to improve or change my views about the Reva.

Kudos
Old 5th October 2009, 15:18   #65
BHPian

Hey Pachchu,

That's one really good & unbiased review.

I chanced upon this thread only now.

I live in an apartment too was curious to know how you managed to get a plug point for charging right on the column in your parking slot. Is this point also connected to your Electric meter or the common meter in the apartment?
Old 5th October 2009, 15:30   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks. From what I know from earlier batch of Reva users, the drive motor has lasted them for as long as they have had the car i.e. 7-9 years. I will check with Reva-seva on that in my next visit.

I do see Reva for resale with 2-3L price tag from time to time.
Oops! I think I will do my bit just by restricting my car usage for now!
Old 5th October 2009, 21:43   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontoo View Post
Hey Pachchu,

That's one really good & unbiased review.

I chanced upon this thread only now.

I live in an apartment too was curious to know how you managed to get a plug point for charging right on the column in your parking slot. Is this point also connected to your Electric meter or the common meter in the apartment?
In my apartment, the meters are in the basement. So, my electrician, in collaboration with the apartment electrician, pulled a wire from my meter in the basement.

It is not taken from common meter.
Old 7th June 2010, 23:46   #68
Senior - BHPian

an awesome review. I caught it rather late, after your PM.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 26th February 2013, 22:24   #69
BHPian

re: Reva-i 2007 ownership report

pachchu, any updates?
How is it going?
Old 4th March 2013, 10:11   #70
BHPian

Going awesome!

It is 6 years old now. My mileage off-late has picked up. I drive 30KMs per day. Changed the battery-pack last year (cost me Rs. 70K). Total KMs driven is about 20K and car is still looking strong - more rattles than ever - but I guess expected in 6 years of driving on Bangalore roads.

No major expenses (other than the battery). Once in a 6 months Rs. 600/- service charges.

Now my office also has a charging point, so all the more reason for using Reva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abes View Post
pachchu, any updates?
How is it going?
pachchu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 15:17   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Going awesome!

It is 6 years old now. My mileage off-late has picked up. I drive 30KMs per day. Changed the battery-pack last year (cost me Rs. 70K). Total KMs driven is about 20K and car is still looking strong .
No major expenses (other than the battery). Once in a 6 months Rs. 600/- service charges.
Great to hear.

The battery pack is the same as the old one (lead-acid) or is it an improved technology like lithium?

Is that 30Kms per day for 5 days a week? I am confused because, 20K kms for 6 years (20K/6 = 3.3K kms/yr = 277 kms/month)!

Just for calculation's sake, (thinking aloud! not to offend anyone)

The total running cost for 5 years comes to:
Rs.70K + Rs. 600 x 2 x 5 yrs = Rs 76K
ie, Rs 15.6K per year & Rs. 1,267 per month
That equates to 16.45 litres of petrol per month @ 77 Rs/L

If one has a small petrol hatchback car, which gives 15 kmpl, he could drive it for 247 kms in a month for the same cost (maintenance cost not considered)
Old 5th March 2013, 10:21   #72
BHPian

Thanks Abes.

Reva battery pack is the same - e2o gets the newer one.

As I mentioned, my daily mileage has picked up recently after I changed jobs and stopped using the company shuttle. Earlier for many years, my commute used to be only 2-3 kms / day - a maximum of 5 kms/day.

The cost comparison is unfair. Take any petrol car or diesel for that matter and calculate the maintenance over 5 years period (including battery replacement, timing belts, oil, filters, repairs, etc, etc). I have a petrol car too, I know how much maintenance costs every 6 months, especially when the car gets older. Also, in Bangalore city traffic, which petrol hatchback gives 15kmpl except Nano perhaps? To be fair to you, you've not included the reva charging cost.

The VFM topic has been beaten to death many times and if you scroll back enough on this thread, you will find it repeated on this thread itself (so no offence taken).

If you read my original few posts, there are additional plus points that I have with Reva - I live in an apartment which gives me only one parking. I can park both Reva and i10 (my wife's) in the same parking spot. That's a saving of few lakhs in parking itself... Also ease of parking in Jayanagar and ease of driving in the city is a huge plus. On weekends, we don't take out the i10 at all. Also, Reva is an automatic transmission, a convenient choice for many people (including my wife) who can't drive manual transmission. An auto-transmission petrol car in Bangalore doesn't give more than 9-10kmpl.

In summary, I'll give you that VFM of Reva is almost same as a small petrol hatch (maybe Nano), but the convenience of city parking, driving, automatic, less-polluting, etc is the bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abes View Post
Great to hear.

The battery pack is the same as the old one (lead-acid) or is it an improved technology like lithium?

Is that 30Kms per day for 5 days a week? I am confused because, 20K kms for 6 years (20K/6 = 3.3K kms/yr = 277 kms/month)!

Just for calculation's sake, (thinking aloud! not to offend anyone)

The total running cost for 5 years comes to:
Rs.70K + Rs. 600 x 2 x 5 yrs = Rs 76K
ie, Rs 15.6K per year & Rs. 1,267 per month
That equates to 16.45 litres of petrol per month @ 77 Rs/L

If one has a small petrol hatchback car, which gives 15 kmpl, he could drive it for 247 kms in a month for the same cost (maintenance cost not considered)
pachchu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 23:30   #73
BHPian

Yes, I have been following your thread from the beginning!
I had this discussion elsewhere regarding the new model, & I wanted to get the updates from you!
Old 29th August 2013, 09:28   #74
BHPian

This is a brilliant ownership review. Thanks for posting.

Pachu - Is there any update on your REVAi?
Are you planing to upgrade it to the e2o or you plan to continue using it?

You got a battery pack last year. Was that Lithium-Ion based chemistry?
Do you notice any gradual decrease in range with time?

I have a new e2o and am absolutely loving the EV experience and i'm glad to find fellow EV drivers here.
Your inputs will be appreciated.
Old 7th March 2015, 12:52   #75
BHPian

Hi Reva Owners,
I have reva-i and I have an unpleasant experience of owing this small expensive car.
car make: revai (Top end)
Date of Purchase: November 2011 from Sireesh Auto.

I maintained my car Meticulously ie.. by charging from regulated source, discharging fully and Topping up with water very frequently. Inspite of this, within 3 years of ownership, my car battery packs was replaced multiple times. Every time Mahindra gave reason as battery packs supplied were faulty. Now after 3 years today again car developed problem and it is not moving. New battery pack was replaced under warranty July 2014 but already my car is in this state.

The Service from Mahindra Reva Service is hopeless, every time my car goes for service a new problem will be created by them. I am now hoping to get rid of this Mahindra car and go for an Automatic Small Car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks