Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2009, 09:34   #166
BHPian

Nice pics and travelouge. Like the red carpet. I'll be posting a mini travelouge witha few pics as soon as my home BSNl broadband connection is repaired (God only knows how long that will take)

Last edited by sidcruise79 : 11th September 2009 at 09:35. Reason: Removed quotes
Old 11th September 2009, 09:41   #167
Senior - BHPian

Dev,

Darn! Missed the sunglasses and rings!!! Next time!

Mileage: 15.76kmpl.

EDIT:
@Sid,

I used to make fun of JK when I saw the red carpet in his Safari, but then, it does a neat job and not too hard on maintenance. And with the color combo, I was sold!

Last edited by HappyWheels : 11th September 2009 at 09:43.
Old 11th September 2009, 11:24   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Dev,

Darn! Missed the sunglasses and rings!!! Next time!

Mileage: 15.76kmpl.

EDIT:
@Sid,

I used to make fun of JK when I saw the red carpet in his Safari, but then, it does a neat job and not too hard on maintenance. And with the color combo, I was sold!
Welcome to the club.

Thats great mileage. What was your cruising speed? My brother and Jerrish used to get 15kmph plus on my Safari.
Old 11th September 2009, 12:43   #169
Senior - BHPian

Nice update, keep on munching

Quote:
Noticed the road side was not that bad and just went off road instead of braking and panicking. The Safari held its ground and we just got back to the road after overtaking the zen. Minimal bounces and circus.
Careful! With the Safari, sometimes, one just tends to forget what one is driving. I remember one instance during my Leh trip where I took a sharp curve at a far higher speed than I should have - the Yokos protested & reminded me (just in time) that it wasn't the Fiesta & I made a hasty steering correction & backed off the gas pedal real quick
Old 11th September 2009, 13:28   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Welcome to the club.

Thats great mileage. What was your cruising speed? My brother and Jerrish used to get 15kmph plus on my Safari.
Yes JK, the club grows! (No, not a union, but a club)

Cruising mostly at 90~100 with few stretches of 120~140. Found 90~100 to be the best and the faster runs where just to get a short rush or when I forget to have a look at the ODO to rein in my speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
... Careful! With the Safari, sometimes, one just tends to forget what one is driving. I remember one instance during my Leh trip where I took a sharp curve at a far higher speed than I should have - the Yokos protested & reminded me (just in time) that it wasn't the Fiesta & I made a hasty steering correction & backed off the gas pedal real quick
Yes Suman, sometime, if you rely on the vehicles feedback, you will in for a surprise. This also includes the assumption of speed without referring to the speedometer.

And the reason I went to the side was because I knew the vehicle can take it. If it was the Alto, or any other vehicle for that matter, I would have braked heavily and fallen back. But then, this is one situation that I would love not to be repeated. Let surprises be surprises.
Old 11th September 2009, 15:34   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Careful! With the Safari, sometimes, one just tends to forget what one is driving. I remember one instance during my Leh trip where I took a sharp curve at a far higher speed than I should have - the Yokos protested & reminded me (just in time) that it wasn't the Fiesta & I made a hasty steering correction & backed off the gas pedal real quick
I too had a similar experience some time back when getting back from cochin. I braked hard, then steered it a little straight, then applied brakes and took the turn. Worst, I did this at around 110kph. This happened because of two great motorcyclists coming on the wrong lane/way on a curve (I couldn't see them because of some bushes on the medians) talking to each other without even bothering that I was coming right onto them. For the first time I got to know what the body roll everyone was talking about. Think about them, I was on the right lane!

Last edited by bantejas : 11th September 2009 at 15:35.
Old 11th September 2009, 16:02   #172
Senior - BHPian

Just noticed the comments about the gear ratio in Sid's thread.

I would agree to it, but I have found a good way to crawl, especially when doing the last mile home. I shift gears and the torque is enough for the vehicle to move to safe, by lane cruising speeds; and with the RPM at the 900/1000 level, the turbo is not spooled.

And coming to the turbo - the sound of the turbo spooling is a sound to behold! Very addictive! N00b me!
Old 11th September 2009, 16:15   #173
BANNED

Quote:
And coming to the turbo - the sound of the turbo spooling is a sound to behold! Very addictive! N00b me!
The turbo whine of an engine, if heard (though it is quite muted in most new-gen engines) is among the most addictive sounds an engine can ever make. Add to that the power surge that comes with it and you have an unbeatable combination..
A combination like....err.....A Mineral RED GX and RED Carpets I guess....

Last edited by n.devdath : 11th September 2009 at 16:17.
Old 11th September 2009, 18:15   #174
BHPian

The Turbo whine is definetely addictive, but i guess after the ECU flashing the whine has gone down.
Others please comment on the sound of the whine after flashing.
Old 11th September 2009, 20:09   #175
Senior - BHPian

Sid,

Not sure of the firmware version, but yes, my vehicle spots the new firmware that is being flashed across the 2.2's.

So this mean, prior to this, the whine was even more noticable! Wah!
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:03   #176
Senior - BHPian

Got my plastic card - aka, RC book last Friday.

Fancy stuff, just like a phone calling card. Need to take a copy and place in vehicle.

And as with all fancy stuffs, it is soo easy to lose!!!
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:49   #177
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fancy stuff, just like a phone calling card. Need to take a copy and place in vehicle. And as with all fancy stuffs, it is soo easy to lose!!!
Would it be possible for you to post a few pics?
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:01   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Would it be possible for you to post a few pics?
Here you go GPA:
Tata Safari GX 4x4 Mineral Red | 98,000 km and counting | EDIT: Sold-imag0080.jpg

(Oooppss!!! Forgot about another photo that I was supposed to send out! )
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:17   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here you go GPA:

(Oooppss!!! Forgot about another photo that I was supposed to send out! )
That's all the SIM holds ur full data about the Car.

Do all the cops in road will be carrying this SIM reader.
Old 22nd September 2009, 19:50   #180
Senior - BHPian

I doubt if they would have been provided with those card readers. The reverse side of this card has the details of the vehicle, owner, address and all. So I guess, the reader is not actually required.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks