Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2009, 22:06   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Regarding the High Pressure wash in Engine bay, i have had bad experience couple of times, when after wash one of the injectors had issues.
I am just assuming that you are thinking about the Carryboy type of Crash guard not the steel taxi types which everyone seems to be going after.
Mmm.. yes, spraying in the engine bay is a risk procedure. But then, I do not think I will be able to enforce, nor the SA himself, this on the cleaning boys. So, what the hell, let it be. I reckon the engine bay should not be so sensitive. Better to face the issue just after a wash than to face it just after driving over a patch of water on road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
What a coincidence, I too have given my Safari for service today, this at Prerana on Old Madras road.
Have told them I'll collect it tomorrow if I can, else it is on saturday.
Suresh call me for the headlamp issue, will tell you how it was done in my vehicle.
Will do, Hari.
Old 21st August 2009, 00:42   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Not really. At the end of each service, Autolinks (my TASS) does a really thorough wash with high pressure jets directed at every visible & not so visible nook & corner - never has my ABS light come on after this wash. So, could just be a defective sensor. I remember one of my ABS sensors being replaced under warranty but that was around the 20-25k mark.........
One good thing about the Indica/go series is that the ECU is placed under the front seat (as per the mechanic) unlike Fiat cars where its placed in the engine bay close to the firewall, making me slightly worried during the washing. Is it the same with the Safari?
Old 21st August 2009, 01:01   #123
BHPian

Dude, go for the 130/100's and relay, it makes a big difference and get the guys to put some mseal around the hole they drill into the back of the headlights or you will have more headlight fogging. The 130/100's work very well, trust me I live in Goa where the roads are dark and narrow at night, it's a massive upgrade from stock and gives you that extra confidence at night.
Old 21st August 2009, 09:50   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
put some mseal around the hole they drill into the back of the headlights
That's the way it needs to be done Happywheels
Old 21st August 2009, 10:49   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Regarding the High Pressure wash in Engine bay, i have had bad experience couple of times, when after wash one of the injectors had issues.

Regarding the Crash guard, i think it makes lot of sense for you.

As you are not satisfied with stock lights, you can mount couple of Hella or Lightforce on Crash Guard and secondly it will look good on your safari considering the color.

I am just assuming that you are thinking about the Carryboy type of Crash guard not the steel taxi types which everyone seems to be going after.
Donno if they do high pressure wash for my Safari everytime it for service and if they do then, I can confirm I dont have any issues with fogging of headlamps. I use 90/100's . I would have done more wash services than many here I guess

Think the branded Crash Guard from Tata costs 12k. It's make a big difference the way the Safari looks with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
One good thing about the Indica/go series is that the ECU is placed under the front seat (as per the mechanic) unlike Fiat cars where its placed in the engine bay close to the firewall, making me slightly worried during the washing. Is it the same with the Safari?
One inside engine bay and another under front driver seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanm View Post
Dude, go for the 130/100's and relay, it makes a big difference and get the guys to put some mseal around the hole they drill into the back of the headlights or you will have more headlight fogging. The 130/100's work very well, trust me I live in Goa where the roads are dark and narrow at night, it's a massive upgrade from stock and gives you that extra confidence at night.
What was the longest duration you have driven with headlamps on ?
Old 21st August 2009, 11:03   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Donno if they do high pressure wash for my Safari everytime it for service and if they do then, I can confirm I dont have any issues with fogging of headlamps. I use 90/100's . I would have done more wash services than many here I guess

Think the branded Crash Guard from Tata costs 12k. It's make a big difference the way the Safari looks with it.

What was the longest duration you have driven with headlamps on ?
Jk, you must be getting frequent visitor tokens by now, i generally get fogging only in heavy rains, have seen many other makes with the same issue, going to seal up my headlights after the monsoon, if it hasn't already finished, i wash my car twice a week with hose pipe and this doesn't cause any issues. I have drove 9hrs with headlights on(not side lights) continuously from Goa to Pune and Bombay to Goa with no burning, with the 130/100's in comparison to 100/90 the difference is most noticeable with the brights on.

The Tata guard is quite decent, if they're giving it to you, take it without hesitation, I just fitted an Ajanta coppy of the carryboy guard and feel it gives a nice new feel to the front end.
Old 21st August 2009, 11:52   #127
Senior - BHPian

After having a good look today morning, after yesterday's service where the delivery happened in the dark (!!!) noticed that my request to remove a grease strain near the driver seat ended up me given a few more other grease marks all over!

The door seems to be the fav with a lot of them placed all around. The seat also has few. Need to go back and get it cleared today.

Now, to answer all those people who asked me why I committed the crime of not keeping the original seat, this is why. If I had the original seats, I would have had a bigger eye sore; especially with the technique used by those water pump guys to reach the roof.
Old 21st August 2009, 12:10   #128
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Now, to answer all those people who asked me why I committed the crime of not keeping the original seat, this is why.
Now I get the answer. This is perhaps one of the most frustrating things for me as well. The door pads get dirty from the grimy hands of the mechanics. I usually give it for a service on a Saturday and spend a better portion of Sunday cleaning these stains.

I dilute some colin spray in warm water and use it on the stains. It works like a charm. You could try it too. Will save you the time and effort of taking the car back to the service station.
Old 21st August 2009, 13:50   #129
BHPian

Quote:
100/130''s work a lot better than 90/100. The difference is very significant
Old 22nd August 2009, 17:18   #130
BHPian

Congrats Happy Wheels with red Bull

Hi Dude
I was searching some Safari related post and bumped into your post !!! and was very surprised to see your pic on the first page...we used to share the desk & room during our project in Jurong East...
Nice to you see you with your new car...

I am also trying to make up my mind for buying a Safari..

I will go thru complete thread soon...

Happy wheeling..

-Darshan
Old 22nd August 2009, 20:07   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jk, you must be getting frequent visitor tokens by now, i generally get fogging only in heavy rains, have seen many other makes with the same issue, going to seal up my headlights after the monsoon, if it hasn't already finished, i wash my car twice a week with hose pipe and this doesn't cause any issues. I have drove 9hrs with headlights on(not side lights) continuously from Goa to Pune and Bombay to Goa with no burning, with the 130/100's in comparison to 100/90 the difference is most noticeable with the brights on.

The Tata guard is quite decent, if they're giving it to you, take it without hesitation, I just fitted an Ajanta coppy of the carryboy guard and feel it gives a nice new feel to the front end.
Have to check if my kit supports 100/130 ! (will do so tomorrow & I need to post some pix here )

The guard Tata gives is carry boy right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Now I get the answer. This is perhaps one of the most frustrating things for me as well. The door pads get dirty from the grimy hands of the mechanics. I usually give it for a service on a Saturday and spend a better portion of Sunday cleaning these stains.

I dilute some colin spray in warm water and use it on the stains. It works like a charm. You could try it too. Will save you the time and effort of taking the car back to the service station.
Will try out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
100/130''s work a lot better than 90/100. The difference is very significant
Old 22nd August 2009, 21:28   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_turbo View Post
... I was searching some Safari related post and bumped into your post !!! and was very surprised to see your pic on the first page...we used to share the desk & room during our project in Jurong East...
Woah! This is a pleasant surprise!

Same cell (yeah, it was more like that) for so many months and we have to meet like this! ROFL! (Just this is the effect of IBP time)

Anyway, good to see you here and all the best for your purchase. Do let me know if there is anything I can help with (whatever little it might be that I can )

Quote:
... The guard Tata gives is carry boy right? ...
I was offered Highlander!

And JK, YGPM! (Thanks Greenie for the acronym!)
Old 23rd August 2009, 00:04   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post

I too use Colin. Never thought of diluting it though. Will try next time. Will using colin to clean the lether seats ruin them?

BTW Suresh I think you would be better off if u told the wasing guys not to open the bonnet or any doors while washing. A moist cloth is all the engine and door sills need. Wouldn't want that beautiful vehicle of yours to get spoilt.
Old 23rd August 2009, 00:42   #134
sun
BHPian

Quote:
The guard Tata gives is carry boy right?
I think it is made by Carryboy, but branded TATA. and very expensive too in the showrooms.
Old 23rd August 2009, 10:55   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Woah! This is a pleasant surprise!

Same cell (yeah, it was more like that) for so many months and we have to meet like this! ROFL! (Just this is the effect of IBP time)

Anyway, good to see you here and all the best for your purchase. Do let me know if there is anything I can help with (whatever little it might be that I can )

I was offered Highlander!

And JK, YGPM! (Thanks Greenie for the acronym!)
I saw your YGPM :P

Tata site says 12k or so.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari GX 4x4 Mineral Red | 98,000 km and counting | EDIT: Sold-image003.jpg  

Tata Safari GX 4x4 Mineral Red | 98,000 km and counting | EDIT: Sold-image004.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks