Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2011, 13:56   #106
Team-BHP Support

re: Ford Fusion: Life Till 55K and beyond. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Regular Service parts are not costly, but if you manage to break some thing then it will put a whole in your pocket.
But @arin_12 that is something which most of us have learned to live with.
Not just Fusion many other brands have the same issue (leaving apart Maruti/Hyundai.)
Old 14th September 2011, 12:03   #107
BHPian

Advice needed

Should I buy a fairly maintained 2006 Ford Fusion 1.6 Duratec with 30000 km on Odo, owned by an executive, driven single handed. If yes, how much should I pay.
Old 14th September 2011, 12:08   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere

But @arin_12 that is something which most of us have learned to live with.
Not just Fusion many other brands have the same issue (leaving apart Maruti/Hyundai.)
Agree about other brands, but not about Hyundai. A colleague has to pay 3k for regular service (fluids and filters) for his '01 Santro here in Bangy. I thought the 2k I was paying for my Spark was a lot. Hyundai service is not all that cheap any more. Nothing can beat Maruti though.

@Topolino: I'd say it depends a lot on how the car has been maintained. IMHO the Fusion is a really sturdy car, and if well maintained, this looks like a good deal. The car has run very little, and shouldn't really have any mechanical issues. Check with Ford to confirm the kms run and when it was last serviced.

Last edited by VeluM : 14th September 2011 at 12:12.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 13:09   #109
BHPian

@Velum: The car is owned by the Vice President of a Corporate Sector. He used it mainly for in-city shoppings and few highway runs. He is good friend of my colleague and as per my colleague the car is serviced regularly and driven sedately. Last sevice was done in January 2011. As there are very few Fusions in Udaipur and that too the diesel version, I do not have any idea about the price of used petrol Fusion. It would be of great help to me if you could tell me the estimated value of the car.
Old 14th September 2011, 14:10   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
As there are very few Fusions in Udaipur and that too the diesel version, I do not have any idea about the price of used petrol Fusion. It would be of great help to me if you could tell me the estimated value of the car.
Topolino, I was looking out for a pre-owned Fusion for my friend. The petrol version of 2006 make , run around 35-50k Kms were available for 2.6 to 2.85 lakhs here in hyderabad.
So depending on the place , it might vary a little, but definitely below 3 lakhs.
Also call up few dealers and enquire about the price. You will get to know a fair price.
But first ask your's boss, how much he is expecting.
Fordmanchau is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 14:28   #111
BHPian

Quote:
@Velum: The car is owned by the Vice President of a Corporate Sector. He used it mainly for in-city shoppings and few highway runs. He is good friend of my colleague and as per my colleague the car is serviced regularly and driven sedately. Last sevice was done in January 2011. As there are very few Fusions in Udaipur and that too the diesel version, I do not have any idea about the price of used petrol Fusion. It would be of great help to me if you could tell me the estimated value of the car.

To answer ur question on the price of a 2006 petrol Fusion...I have given an advt in the Classifieds on team bhp and am quoting 2.65 lakhs. Under 3 lakhs would be right and higher prices are quoted by some people are to leave space for bargaining later...
frequentflyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 17:59   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@Velum: The car is owned by the Vice President of a Corporate Sector. He used it mainly for in-city shoppings and few highway runs. He is good friend of my colleague and as per my colleague the car is serviced regularly and driven sedately.
Quote:
Should I buy a fairly maintained 2006 Ford Fusion 1.6 Duratec with 30000 km on Odo, owned by an executive, driven single handed. If yes, how much should I pay.
In that case the car should be in mint condition. Its worth buying I would say.
Given the fact that it shares spares with Fiesta classic, there should be not problems
with spares as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Topolino, I was looking out for a pre-owned Fusion for my friend. The petrol version of 2006 make , run around 35-50k Kms were available for 2.6 to 2.85 lakhs here in hyderabad.
So depending on the place , it might vary a little, but definitely below 3 lakhs.
Also call up few dealers and enquire about the price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frequentflyer View Post
To answer ur question on the price of a 2006 petrol Fusion...I have given an advt in the Classifieds on team bhp and am quoting 2.65 lakhs. Under 3 lakhs would be right and higher prices are quoted by some people are to leave space for bargaining later...
With a 6 year old model and which is well kept, I think max price would be 3L.
Anything below would be a good buy.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 19:56   #113
BHPian

I have a 2005 petrol fusion that I am looking to sell with 60 k on the odo. Single owner. Car perfectly serviced. A couple of recent easily repairable dents though. Haven't got a single quote close to 2 lakhs. I am a bit surprised at these numbers being quoted here.
Old 14th September 2011, 21:31   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
I have a 2005 petrol fusion that I am looking to sell with 60 k on the odo. Single owner. Car perfectly serviced. A couple of recent easily repairable dents though. Haven't got a single quote close to 2 lakhs. I am a bit surprised at these numbers being quoted here.
If you meet dealers who work in conjunction with car sales rooms/dealers, they will quote lower prices to take the margin and bank on your urge to buy a new car to sell your old car cheap. The maximum quote I could get from car sales second hand experts (and they are experts) was 1.85 and may be higher if I take a car in exchange from the Ford man. But after discussing with him for a while, he said, 'why are you selling' and 'don't sell so low. There is no replacement for this car in the Indian market'!
Old 14th September 2011, 21:51   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
The maximum quote I could get from car sales second hand experts (and they are experts) was 1.85 and may be higher if I take a car in exchange from the Ford man. But after discussing with him for a while, he said, 'why are you selling' and 'don't sell so low. There is no replacement for this car in the Indian market'!

@Arun
If you can hold on for another year, I would suggest you to do so. Wait till the Duster gets released next year.
As @frequentflyer said, you wont find much satisfaction with new sedan/hatches. There is not replacement for this one yet. Wait till the Duster.

In another 2 years even the Ecosport would be launched. Its definitely there in the Ford plans.
Old 15th September 2011, 17:29   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Also call up few dealers and enquire about the price. You will get to know a fair price.
But first ask your's boss, how much he is expecting.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
In that case the car should be in mint condition. Its worth buying I would say.
Given the fact that it shares spares with Fiesta classic, there should be not problems
with spares as well.
With a 6 year old model and which is well kept, I think max price would be 3L.
Anything below would be a good buy.
Thanks Fordmanchau, frequentflyer, ampere for advice. The person who is selling Fusion has not quoted any price. He too is not sure how much to demand so he told me that he will get the car evaluated by an expert and I will have to pay as per evaluation. He will sell it in the first week of December 2011.
Old 18th September 2011, 21:49   #117
BHPian

Quote:
If you meet dealers who work in conjunction with car sales rooms/dealers, they will quote lower prices to take the margin and bank on your urge to buy a new car to sell your old car cheap. The maximum quote I could get from car sales second hand experts (and they are experts) was 1.85 and may be higher if I take a car in exchange from the Ford man. But after discussing with him for a while, he said, 'why are you selling' and 'don't sell so low. There is no replacement for this car in the Indian market'!
Quote:
@Arun
If you can hold on for another year, I would suggest you to do so. Wait till the Duster gets released next year.
As @frequentflyer said, you wont find much satisfaction with new sedan/hatches. There is not replacement for this one yet. Wait till the Duster.

In another 2 years even the Ecosport would be launched. Its definitely there in the Ford plans.
Thanks for your suggestions, frequentflyer, ampere. Really sorry for the delayed reply. I agree that the value for this car is just not available in the second hand car market. Unfortunately, holding on for a long time is not an option. I have already booked its replacement, the Jetta, which should hopefully be delivered in a couple of weeks.

That doesnt mean that I need to find a buyer desperately. I can find some parking and hold on until I get a decent price. Its just that getting quotes like 1.35l, for such a good car, is a bit sad.

I am being told that Ford resales have particularly taken a beating in the last 6 months to a year, and given the low mileage of the Fusion and Ikon, those are the worst hit.
Old 18th September 2011, 22:12   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for your suggestions, frequentflyer, ampere. Really sorry for the delayed reply. I agree that the value for this car is just not available in the second hand car market. Unfortunately, holding on for a long time is not an option. I have already booked its replacement, the Jetta, which should hopefully be delivered in a couple of weeks.

That doesnt mean that I need to find a buyer desperately. I can find some parking and hold on until I get a decent price. Its just that getting quotes like 1.35l, for such a good car, is a bit sad.

I am being told that Ford resales have particularly taken a beating in the last 6 months to a year, and given the low mileage of the Fusion and Ikon, those are the worst hit.
I am not sure what has happened in the last 6 months. That may also be a ploy to get you to sell!
Also congrats on your drive. Thats quite a jump from Fusion to the Jetta!
Old 18th September 2011, 22:31   #119
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure what has happened in the last 6 months. That may also be a ploy to get you to sell!
Also congrats on your drive. Thats quite a jump from Fusion to the Jetta!
You're right, that Ford story is very likely a ploy to get me to sell. However, the consistency of the quotes (I have got 4 of them so far) in this range has not been funny. The one guy who quoted around 1.8l, is no more to be heard from.

Anyways, I'm not in a hurry to sell, and its a good car.

Thanks. Like I did with the Fusion, I'm going with my heart on this one as well.
Old 31st October 2011, 20:18   #120
Team-BHP Support

Found simple answer to the mileage problem.
On the 4L, used to consistently hit 3 digits and that used to bring down the mileage to 15-16. Adding AC all the time, mileage came down to 14.

On 2L NH, could not 3 digits all the time. With speeds around 80-90, got a mileage of 18. So nothing wrong with the machine as such.

Just that, over the years driving has become a bit faster.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks