Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2009, 13:51   #16
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Endy,

Yep the looks of the first gen was good and in a different way possibly as likable as the current and previous version.

The Interiors of the first gen was sad, and though the engine was more refined that the TCIC safari, the 2.2 dicor 140 bhp is way ahead of the 115 bhp endy gen one engine, and quite comparable to the current Endy engine - especially the 2.5 ltr version.

The new endy interiors make it much more livable,

The maintenance cost being low is where your car has shone, and from what I gather the service too has been great to that has been good for you.

The Rear seats are still still a joke limited to children and the mid row seats too are not the best for tall people, infact quite a problem.

The steering high adjust even at the max postion would not apeal to the Indian SUV Scorpio and Safari users and is quite car like.

Endy is like a car on stilts, and the ride position too feels like that inspite of the size.

The traffic makes way for the car and the quality has always been ford high level.
Old 17th November 2009, 17:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

You've a monster. Seriously, the servicing bills are eye-openers to me apart from giving a decent mileage.

But hate the rear seat comfort. How abt adding a sofa to the rear?
Old 23rd November 2009, 15:39   #18
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The Endy though very large in proportions from the front, somehow seems to be small from the rear especially compared to the Fortuner and the Safari - possibly due to lower mounted wheel on the read door and short hight.
Old 23rd November 2009, 19:00   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
You've a monster. Seriously, the servicing bills are eye-openers to me apart from giving a decent mileage.

But hate the rear seat comfort. How abt adding a sofa to the rear?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Congrats on the Endy,

Yep the looks of the first gen was good and in a different way possibly as likable as the current and previous version.

The Interiors of the first gen was sad, and though the engine was more refined that the TCIC safari, the 2.2 dicor 140 bhp is way ahead of the 115 bhp endy gen one engine, and quite comparable to the current Endy engine - especially the 2.5 ltr version.

The new endy interiors make it much more livable,

The maintenance cost being low is where your car has shone, and from what I gather the service too has been great to that has been good for you.

The Rear seats are still still a joke limited to children and the mid row seats too are not the best for tall people, infact quite a problem.

The steering high adjust even at the max postion would not apeal to the Indian SUV Scorpio and Safari users and is quite car like.

Endy is like a car on stilts, and the ride position too feels like that inspite of the size.

The traffic makes way for the car and the quality has always been ford high level.
Thank you guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The Endy though very large in proportions from the front, somehow seems to be small from the rear especially compared to the Fortuner and the Safari - possibly due to lower mounted wheel on the read door and short hight.
Well i find it good from the rear side too.I actually hate the new(latest) model.The tyer cover is so huge doesn't blend with the rest of the car at all.
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:33   #20
BHPian

I love this beast simply.. and planning a new one but as my running is around 150kms daily , I think it will be a hole in my pocket what would you say any suggestions ?

BTW you have tamed a very nice beast..!!
Old 6th December 2009, 18:34   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaushik View Post
I love this beast simply.. and planning a new one but as my running is around 150kms daily , I think it will be a hole in my pocket what would you say any suggestions ?

BTW you have tamed a very nice beast..!!
Thank you.

But 150 kms daily ? What do you do ?

If your daily ride includes highways,rough roads etc you can go for a Endeavour.But there are other options available too.How about starting a new thread with your needs ? Our guru's will surely help you select the best.
Old 11th December 2009, 10:50   #22
Senior - BHPian

nice thread, how about some more pictures !

The service cost seemed quite low, heck, I paid 8.5 K for my Santro (included clutch overhaul as well)

I somehow didnt like the low rung seats, especially at the middle, as the knee goes till the chest level, even the drivers seat is quite low as compared to Scorpio.

However to bully around on the roads, there is no other better option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks