Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2010, 19:58   #46
BHPian

Update at 48.6K kms

Driver side power window mechanism conks off one fine evening, making a loud sound as if the glass got broken.

The window refused to go up and I could hear the motor rotate freely without having any effect on the glass.

Local mechanic somehow managed to hold the glass in place with the help of some nylon rope.

Next day I head to Sunrise Hyundai to get the assembly replaced. Sadly, they don't have the part in stock and will need atleast a day to source the same. Cost: INR 3300 plus labor. and headed to my friendly spare parts dealer to inquire about the part.

He sourced the assembly in a few hours. Got it fixed at a neighborhood garage.
Price: INR 850 + 150 labor charges.
Old 21st July 2010, 01:35   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
I changed my clutch in 49000Kms I could have stretched little longer but the clutch was hard and was hurting my knees.I have completed 81000kms no problems till now.I have changed the belt timer and my suspension bushes.I think if the mileage is between 14-16 km/l it is quite ok.
are you talking about the Petrol version here coz the CRDI units in the vernas have a timing chain and not a belt.

Even so how much cost did you run in to ?
Old 8th August 2010, 13:16   #48
BHPian

Power steering oil seal replaced...

3 weeks back, when I took my car out of its parking place, found a patch of oil on the ground which looked fresh. I checked the bottom of the car & found a drop of oil on the cover near the suspension waiting to fall down. I thought the engine oil was leaking but didn't really think that was possible.

Called up Mr Subrata from Trident Yeshwanthpur & informed him of this issue & that I would come down to the service station, he informed me not to drive there & that he would send someone over to check the car. A technician showed up in a couple of hours & said he would have to take the car to the service station for a checkup.

Later I received a call from the service advisor (Darshan)who informed me that the power steering seal had to be changed since the fluid was leaking from there, the seal had apparently cracked/cut. When asked what could be the reason for the damaged part, he said it could be due to an impact or low air pressure in the right wheel, both which I ruled out.

Fortunately I had the extended warranty for the 3rd year & the car was fixed at no cost to me.

Just wondering what really caused this issue...
Folks, did anybody else face this issue before?
Old 11th April 2011, 20:05   #49
Senior - BHPian

Re: Update at 48.6K kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
He sourced the assembly in a few hours. Got it fixed at a neighborhood garage.
Price: INR 850 + 150 labor charges.
Hi live2drive, gone through all your posts & thanks for sharing your exerience. However there has been no update from you since last June. I sincerely hope everything is fine & your Verna CRDi is still rocking. I guess you might have covered a couple of thousand kms from the time you last posted here. I am writing to you because I want to know the first hand experience of owning & maintaining a Verna for long term (more than 5 years). I am very much fascinated by the new Verna RB that is going to be launched shortly. Please guide me if it would be worth going for the new Verna RB.
Old 12th April 2011, 22:16   #50
BHPian

Re: Update at 48.6K kms

Its been a long time and I do have some updates to share.

Baby's doing absolutely fine. Current ODO reading : 57855

The clutch was felt to be a li'l harder than normal somewhere around 49K kms. Got the clutch bled at the service centre. Fixed.

Passenger side power window switch conked off. Yet to be replaced. This is the second instance after the rear left one conked off a few months back.

A steady FE of 15KMPL has been observed throughout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I am very much fascinated by the new Verna RB that is going to be launched shortly. Please guide me if it would be worth going for the new Verna RB.
Hey, Verna RB sure looks good and has a li'l more horses to offer. Really looking forward to it.

I'd suggest do wait for a full fledged review from our mods before taking the plunge.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks