Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2009, 17:35   #16
BHPian

Latest update -- the pressure plate may need to be changed which most probably will be done under warranty, but the clutch plate may also need to be changed but that will be at my expense.
Old 29th December 2009, 17:48   #17
BHPian

Xbox 360! Great narration of ownership and the bonding between you and Safari emerges despites the legendary niggles due to missing of TATA QC. Managing niggles and get going in life is a great Learning.

Tata has a vision to make each of their automobile customer a learned. Each Tata Vehicle is a miniature TIFR (Tata institue for Fundamental Research)
Old 29th December 2009, 18:53   #18
BANNED

Out of 130+ Safari's on this very Forum, this must be the SECOND Safari which seems to have problems.

Very humorous write-up and very humorous replies also.

Even non Safari owners seem to know more about the Safari ownership here.
Old 29th December 2009, 19:14   #19
Team-BHP Support

I go to a much cheaper Automobile University, it is called a Jeep.
Old 29th December 2009, 19:37   #20
BHPian

I think this is one of the best write-ups I have read on TBHP. Very very hilarious but an eye-opener all the same. I know every car manufacturer supplies their share of lemons but it seems Tata's are topping this list. Excellent write-up as a whole.

--Vikrant
Old 29th December 2009, 19:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

The mother of all left handed compliments!!!
Old 29th December 2009, 19:59   #22
Team-BHP Support

While it makes for a funny read and some idle timepass to talk about how
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
every car manufacturer supplies their share of lemons but it seems Tata's are topping this list
or even how
Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Safari emerges despites the legendary niggles due to missing of TATA QC...
One got to remember that what xbox360 talks about inspite of all its humor quotient actually is a scathing indictment of the service center guys who maintain his car. I do not recall having read anything that says about the car coming with any manufacturing defect as such.

I agree though that as a customer it is a royal pain in all the wrong places if your vehicle keeps getting snagged every few days. Tatas need to have a serious outlook towards such nincompoop service centers as they potentially wash away all the good work that Tatas as a manufacturer do.

xbox360, did you ever change your TASS/TASC? Whom do you send your vehicle to? Of late I have seen a tendency and posted it in my thread as to how the service centers work on a very different ideology that probably screws up your interests. It is better if you are physically present there when your vehicle is being serviced. It is difficult but you need to make that sacrifice once in 6 months or so when your vehicle goes for its scheduled service. That way it works better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
The mother of all left handed compliments!!!
You mean backhanded compliment, right?
Old 29th December 2009, 20:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
xbox360, did you ever change your TASS/TASC? Whom do you send your vehicle to? Of late I have seen a tendency and posted it in my thread as to how the service centers work on a very different ideology that probably screws up your interests. It is better if you are physically present there when your vehicle is being serviced. It is difficult but you need to make that sacrifice once in 6 months or so when your vehicle goes for its scheduled service. That way it works better
Forget changing TASSs , he has on one occassion escalated his problem to as high as it gets in TML....but then, such things work once or twice, but TASSs will sooner than later revert to their lackadiasical ways.....unless the customer has some steel in him and is willing to take them on.
Old 29th December 2009, 21:49   #24
BHPian

Thanks guys for your kind words (i am still to master the multi quote function ).
To respond to what some of you said, i think all of us share the same opinion that better Quality control and more capable service centres would go a long way to helping the image of this otherwise good company.
Old 29th December 2009, 21:59   #25
Senior - BHPian

xbox360 - That is one hilarious write-up. Could not help but smile (at the humor and not at your predicament, mind you) throughout the read Having owned a Sierra and presently owning a Jeep and a Safari 4x4, I guess I am 'toughened' and 'seasoned' to an extent albeit I can relate to your experience. Do keep us posted on what surprise TASS dishes out to you this time on.
Old 30th December 2009, 01:06   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Out of 130+ Safari's on this very Forum, this must be the SECOND Safari which seems to have problems.
Are you sure? Seems like you are very much optimistic
Old 30th December 2009, 02:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

ooh man, what a writeup, not even Jim Carreys movies had made me laugh so much, with first few post and replies too on the forum.

Very well written humorously. Took me 5 mins to go through page 1.

On a serious note, its sad to see someones vehicle leaving support in the middle of the road, on a highway in the night situation could have been deadly. Just for one person at the service center not doing it properly.

Hope the things are set right this time and this vehicle performs like a charm.

Going through the travelogues of Suman, Tanveer, ADC makes one aspire for Safari, then a thread like this is enough to quell the thirst for safari.
Old 30th December 2009, 08:41   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post

Going through the travelogues of Suman, Tanveer, ADC makes one aspire for Safari, then a thread like this is enough to quell the thirst for safari.
Come on man its not that bad, i have had some great times with this vehicle. It was just that the latest episode just pushed me beyond my tolerance threshold and i vented out my frustration.

Inspired by the gifted TATA engineers i am going to do what they would have done. When the 25A fuse goes phut dont waste time on finding out why it happened merely replace it with a 30A fuse. So that is exactly what i am going to do, i think i should recalibrate my tolerance threshold to a higher value
Old 30th December 2009, 14:34   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
While it makes for a funny read and some idle timepass to talk about how

One got to remember that what xbox360 talks about inspite of all its humor quotient actually is a scathing indictment of the service center guys who maintain his car. I do not recall having read anything that says about the car coming with any manufacturing defect as such.

I agree though that as a customer it is a royal pain in all the wrong places if your vehicle keeps getting snagged every few days. Tatas need to have a serious outlook towards such nincompoop service centers as they potentially wash away all the good work that Tatas as a manufacturer do.

xbox360, did you ever change your TASS/TASC? Whom do you send your vehicle to? Of late I have seen a tendency and posted it in my thread as to how the service centers work on a very different ideology that probably screws up your interests. It is better if you are physically present there when your vehicle is being serviced. It is difficult but you need to make that sacrifice once in 6 months or so when your vehicle goes for its scheduled service. That way it works better.

Zappo,

TATA's lack of QC is inclusive of its monitoring/ bench marking of after sales services provided to its products.
TATA can easily appoint TATA's own QC personnel atleast at 50% of its dealerships to ensure the QC monitoring/ bench marking. The cost of salaries can be covered by preventing wrong diagnostics led wrong replacements under warranty!

I love and respect TATA patriotically. It is a critical moment for our TATA now to earn more love and respect from its patronising customers by offering consistent quality be in their product and their services as well.

TATA's own Concorde dealership has been experienced by many as a poor A.S.S in terms of Quality of their services/offerings.

I wish TATA good luck and Let 2010 be an year of Quality Consolidation in leaps and bounds reflecting in their products/ services range with a new sheen.

Last edited by harimakesh : 30th December 2009 at 14:43.
Old 30th December 2009, 15:22   #30
~~h
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
4)But here is the tricky part, even in light of all this; i still don't repent my decision. I guess this situation is apt for analysis and in the process probably i can stake claim to yet another degree – human psychology (with a major in TATA owners psyche)
Wow... I was laughing all the way down reading your post. Great writeup for an ugly TASS.
All the best & hope you get a peach++(at least beta) this time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks