Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2013, 12:20   #46
BHPian

Re: Bolero VLX Crde (Storm) - 42,000km

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
Hi all

Sorry for the long gap. My Whitefeather has completed 42,000+ km. I have recently switched my ASC due to distance. After the launch of XUV500 my regular ASC started servicing on XUV and ASC that service Bolero moved further. After launch of Rexton it moved even further. Soon it will out of Bangalore city limits.

So I went to the nearby ASC who still does Bolero. At that time (Dec 12) odo reading was 38,500 odd km. So I asked him to just check and change front brake pads if necessary. The service adviser started filling up the form for 40,000km service - logic being. "Saar - its already 38,500 - you will either have to do it at 40,000". When he asked me to sign - I cancelled the whole form - gave him a piece of my mind and told him to do what I want and not what he wants.

Next I went to service at 41,000km and did all the service that was suppose to be done at 40,000km. Good part was the earlier service adviser is gone and this time a met with a freindly knowledgeable lady who didn't try to push any "service" to me.

Only 2 things to report. My rear leaf springs were almost flattened. So I got it re-cambered. Reason being I overloaded it recently quite a few times - so my fault.

Secondly - there are signs of my clutch plate / pressure plate wear / tear. This was pointed out my the adviser. There is no obvious driving behavior or mileage change in my Bolero but it better to change is ASAP. May be I will go for second opinion.

Off to Goa soon! Glad to drive 5th highest selling car in India.
I had a bad experience in the last service where the guy insisted on decarbonising and all that at twenty thousand. I asked him several times if that was necessary and the guy kept insisting that it was.

Nowadays, I also like to have a polish done after the service and so the guy came up with a ten k estimate. Since I had already driven the Bolero into the bay, I let it be. I decided that I would check up about this thingie.

When I did and found out that it was not required, I left a negative feedback on the Mahindra Bolero web page, naming the service manager and the garage. My desire was to have them flogged by the company.

Guess they got flogged cause a few days later I started getting apology calls and offers of a free shampoo of the innards with the next service.

What they don't get is that we just want our vehicles to be maintained, just in case we decide to dash off to the boondocks, when the fancy strikes us.

Now, I shall go in with the list of what I want and nor let them move an inch. That is sadly, the only way to deal with these guys. My 35,000 is coming up. The vehicle is a delight though, clipping up and down most of the NCR roads and asking for very less in return. The ac tames 45* day time heat to comfort levels.

"And its face is so pretty that you don't see a scar." sadly someone etched a line across the bonnet. It has the usual cleaner mistake swirls and a few shallow lines. Might as well be the scars on my heart.

Me very happy with ze wagon and hopefully will clip off somewhere soon.

Regards,

Chaunfa
Old 20th September 2013, 14:38   #47
BHPian

Re: Bolero VLX Crde (Storm) - long term report

Hi Ya,

Had a strange experience a few days ago. As I was beginning to get into the gates of the Noida Sez, my clutch went into the floor and my gear stick just stayed jammed in neutral. All team bhp threads on clutchless gearing went down my head but no go.

To the tune of the restless honks of the cars behind, I thought fast. Pulled the clutch lever back into place with my hand. Changed to 1st gear and charged away. The old faithful went on without hiccup.

Had it checked with Koncept Noida, first the guard tells me that the car would need to stay for two days. When I replied if I had 'bandar chaap' written on forehead, another service guy was called. He tested the car with me sitting next to him, after twelve or so km nothing... He looks at me puzzled whether I was making him monkey's uncle or worse thought flashed across his eyes.
I asked him to check under bonnet, he comes back and says that 'aaalll is welll'. Clutch drums are dry as the Thar and so are the brakes. I fake interest in the number of deals he tries to do on his mobile phone and 'wanna buy second hand scorpio guy'.
He lets me off free as he thinks I wanna also buy second hand scorpio. Dim wit doesn't understand that I already have Scorpio at price of Bolero. ;-)
Now what do you gents think happened with the clutch?

Regards,

Chaunfa

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks