Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2011, 19:12   #31
BANNED

Re: Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi ZXi 60,000 kms. review / Still fida over the fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
"Even the Service advisors at harpreet ford who own ford cars get their car work done up at south city ford." This is hilarious!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post

This reminds me of a Vodafone store owner in my locality having Airtel connection.
All this is very funny but at the same time it is also very true. Most of them can be found on Sundays at South City Ford.

Egs: Sikh gentleman known as JP or Jaypee who used to work at South City Ford but now works at Harpreet as the floor manager(?), but still gets his car serviced and the car's work done up at South City Ford.

Also, One day i saw an E-Class at South CIty Ford workshop, I inquired about it and found out that it is the car of the group that owns South City Ford, ie. the Motherson group. Had come in to get it's oil changed.
Old 15th April 2011, 18:56   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Fusion Diesel battery cost at South City Ford Noida is 2850/- (installment charges not known). Moreover the battery for the diesel and petrol variants is slightly different even though they have the same serial no. and look exactly the same. The only giveaway is a small sticker that says D on it.
Sorry @Mustang, I saw this thread just now. Mine is a Fusion+ Petrol 1.6.
I think I paid about 3-4K. That was about 2-3 years back.
Old 15th April 2011, 18:58   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Sorry @Mustang, I saw this thread just now. Mine is a Fusion+ Petrol 1.6.
I think I paid about 3-4K. That was about 2-3 years back.
Yea 2-3 years back the diesel fusion battery was above 3K for sure. Now it is 2850 plus a small amount of labor charge.
Old 15th April 2011, 19:57   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Yea 2-3 years back the diesel fusion battery was above 3K for sure. Now it is 2850 plus a small amount of labor charge.
Is there a capacity difference between Diesel and the Petrol version of battery?
If yes, how much is it?
Old 15th April 2011, 20:08   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Is there a capacity difference between Diesel and the Petrol version of battery?
If yes, how much is it?
Ampere i can't tell you the technical difference but i will tell you a story.

First the Facts :

In my Fiesta 1.6 and my Fusion TDCi, the battery was the same, had the same stickers, also had the same ratings and also the same serial no. and part no.

Now the Story :

So I decided to interchange the batteries, After doing this, the fusion started and ran like ever before.

When i started the fiesta , it did not start as well and when i started driving it, i noticed that the car had gone into limp mode and there was this "!" mark ie. the power train yellow light flashing on my instrument cluster.

Then the car suddenly stopped and refused to start, AFter a dhakka start the car started again in limp mode and i just drove back 500 yards to my house with a lot of difficulty.

Then again i changed the batteries back to normal and both cars were running fine and have been running fine since.

I guess the only difference is that the diesel car battery has a small fluorescent green 'D' sticker on it that looks pretty unauthentic and not put by motorcraft (but actually it is).

So the battery for petrol and diesel ford cars is different even though their ratings and specifications are the same.
Old 15th April 2011, 21:47   #36
Team-BHP Support

That is quite a difference! I guess petrol Fusion battery is same as the 1.6 Fiesta battery.
Old 15th April 2011, 21:52   #37
BANNED

Quote:
That is quite a difference! I guess petrol Fusion battery is same as the 1.6 Fiesta battery.
Yes, Petrol battery for fusion and fiesta is same.
Old 28th May 2011, 18:06   #38

Quote:
I am still Fida over the Diesel Fiesta!!
This is how the story runs………………………………..

THEN - APRIL 2006

Having driven my Ford Ikon for close to 3 years, I was happy and content with its ...
But you will soon learn. The noise soon vanishes at higher speeds and flyovers come and go like with the wind.

AND THEN - MARCH 2008
Still Fida over the Deisel Fiesta….
And…..I AM STILL FIDA OVER THE DIESEL FIESTA!!

NOW - MARCH 2010

My beloved Fiesta is about to turn 4 years old. Has done over 60000 kms. of rough .

To summarise…..I continue to be Fida over my Diesel Fiesta.
This was one of the review that helped me build some confidence in Ford and a diesel one and yes I have had a great year .
Me is Fida too
Old 24th August 2011, 01:23   #39
BHPian

Hi Friends,

What is the engine life of a fiesta TDCI and also 1.6/1.4 liter petrol ones?
I am asking this question to make out what should be the ideal odo meter reading if some one going to buy a used Fiesta model.
As the latest version of fiesta is in the market now, the used one may be a good bargain.

As TDCI has an aluminium based engine , the rebuild will be costly compared to a cast iron engine, right?

What are the other things besides general checking ,which should be done especially in a fiesta before buying the used one.

For an eg: In Palio 1.9 D the fuel pump issues are common and it should be checked promptly.

Let me know your opinion?
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Denny
Quote:
@ ghodlur, antriksh, many thanks for your help.

Had planned to take the car over to the workshop over the weekend. However, today morning, as I was nearing office, the fan belt gave away. Initially, there was a clinking sound and I thought a free twing from the tree or a barbed wire from the road might have got entangled. However, the dashboard suddenly indicated esclating heating, a numb steering and the low battery indication. I opened the bonnet and realised the fan belt was MISSING. It was lying in shreds within the spaces it could find.

I called up my local mechanic and he showed up in 15 mins. I was picked by the office car and the mechanic took the car to his workshop. He replaced the fanbelt. topped up the brake fluid and power steering fluid.

The handbrake light indication vanished. The clanking sound I was experiencing while braking also vanished.

Total cost : INR 2300.

However, I will still take it to the Ford Workshop for a checkup.

The car is close to 5 years old and I expect some niggles to crop up now and then on account of normal wear and tear keeping in mind the rough Delhi driving.

Sugeeta
Old 24th August 2011, 11:37   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Hi Friends,

What is the engine life of a fiesta TDCI and also 1.6/1.4 liter petrol ones?
I am asking this question to make out what should be the ideal odo meter reading if some one going to buy a used Fiesta model.
As the latest version of fiesta is in the market now, the used one may be a good bargain.

As TDCI has an aluminium based engine , the rebuild will be costly compared to a cast iron engine, right?

What are the other things besides general checking ,which should be done especially in a fiesta before buying the used one.

For an eg: In Palio 1.9 D the fuel pump issues are common and it should be checked promptly.

Let me know your opinion?
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Denny
Mine has completed 80K Kms. and has not shown any signs of engine trouble ever. There is enough life in this engine to run another 80K hopefully.

Suman's (his is a petrol if I am not mistaken) has completed 120K Kms. and is running well.

There are many Fiestas on the Forum that have been run well. I do not think there have been any cases of engine overhauling or rebuild as yet.
Old 24th August 2011, 11:56   #41
BHPian

Hi Sugeetha,

My fiesta TDCI has completed 61k now and 5.5 years old. Is this the right time to change timing belt? Did you do that drive belt change? Kindly let me know
Old 26th August 2011, 00:23   #42
BHPian

Hi Sugeeta,
80K is not a big mileage for a diesel engine, the DIESEL engines of mitsubishi Lancer, Logan etc will go more than 3 lakhs KM with out any issue if oil service is done properly.
Even i had a TATA Indigo TDI which i drove more than 66K Km in 2.5 years time and the engine was doing great. i use to have system D, oil treatment etc periodically.
And also I use to make sure that i run it idle for at least one minute before i drive in cold start and also use to keep idling for 1 min before switching off the engine to help my 'turbo' live long. A lucky guy got my car as a second hand one.

So, if Fiesta has a good engine then it should run at least 3L km before engine rebuild.

Regards
Denny

Quote:
Mine has completed 80K Kms. and has not shown any signs of engine trouble ever. There is enough life in this engine to run another 80K hopefully.

Suman's (his is a petrol if I am not mistaken) has completed 120K Kms. and is running well.

There are many Fiestas on the Forum that have been run well. I do not think there have been any cases of engine overhauling or rebuild as yet.
Old 17th April 2012, 17:36   #43
BHPian

My Fiesta 1.4 TDCI has completed 100000 KM's and I understand that I need to go for a full overhaul with timing belt, idler pulley, main belt etc., of course coolant, engine oil and filters etc.,

Oil filters, coolant its ok and even the timing belt, but how about other pulleys, idlers etc., is it a must and the auth service centre says it costs me 20K.

Any advice please on this

shanks
Old 24th April 2012, 15:29   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshanks View Post
My Fiesta 1.4 TDCI has completed 100000 KM's and I understand that I need to go for a full overhaul with timing belt, idler pulley, main belt etc.,
========

shanks
Hello is there anyone in this Forum who can throw some light on this?

shanks
Old 24th April 2012, 22:38   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshanks View Post
My Fiesta 1.4 TDCI has completed 100000 KM's and I understand that I need to go for a full overhaul with timing belt, idler pulley, main belt etc., of course coolant, engine oil and filters etc.,

Oil filters, coolant its ok and even the timing belt, but how about other pulleys, idlers etc., is it a must and the auth service centre says it costs me 20K.

shanks
Did he show you the worn out part?
Is the car indicating through any means that these parts might be worn out, such as noises or the way it drives?
If not, is it mentioned in the service manual that these must be changed at the 100Kkm mark service?
If its the last option, then it could be preventive maintenance to keep the car running in top condition. However, based on the condition of the parts, you could even post pone this by a few thousand kms or more.
Alternately, if you want to save costs, why not get the same evaluated from a good local mechanic. Without seeing the car, I doubt many of us could help you out with regards to the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks