Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2010, 19:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Why not get the door checked as soon as possible instead of waiting for three months? If you don't have to spend a lot of time/money in visiting the service centre (or a good mechanic whom you know), I suggest you get it looked into, lest it develop into something worse by the time the next service is due.
Old 24th April 2010, 21:28   #17
BHPian

Door jitters

Buzz,
Dont worry, the door is not critical. seems the holding attachment has given way over a period of time and the slack makes it vibrate, and that too it seems on its natural frequency when the engine rpm matches it.

Actually not too happy with the Maruti service guys regarding their capability to handle the sliding door of this car. This vibration was there since new albeit not so pronounced and even after a couple of visits they were not able to make it trouble free.

today noticed a new thing - sudden deceleration or braking makes the vehicle shut down on its own even when the clutch is pressed down. May be i'll take it to the service centre tomorrow since this tendency is dangerous while over taking on the highway.

why dont we versa owners get together to have a long drive like the bullet wallahs and jeep wallahs do.

atul
Old 24th April 2010, 23:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUL SINGH View Post
today noticed a new thing - sudden deceleration or braking makes the vehicle shut down on its own even when the clutch is pressed down. May be i'll take it to the service centre tomorrow since this tendency is dangerous while over taking on the highway.
Fuel pump troubles? I am just taking a guess here.

About Versa owners, it has been such a rare vehicle, and it does not have the attitude of a Safari or a Mahindra Classic. Really, the only virtue it has is not having any attitudes at all. It's like an all-tolerating, all-encompassing entity that rises to any need or occasion, does its duty and then goes back into the background, waiting to be called.
Old 25th April 2010, 14:08   #19
BHPian

Fuel pump?

Is it the fuel pump? It occurs may be once every 15 twenty minutes now and then vanishes.

Is it about attitude. I personally think its more about being connected with your vehicle, understanding its behaviour and adjusting to it. But yes, driving a versa requires full involvement.
Today was able to get a closer look at the Eeco, actually one passed me at a very slow speed. Come to think of it its not so bad looking, especially if your benchmark is the V. The chopped off roof does make the car look quite similar to the omni, just a size bigger. May be i have what they call "resisting change".

Snaps from the palampur trip is what i have today for you folks.

And there's a couple i just could'nt resist even though it has no relevance here - a high speed twin cab diesel locomotive painted using my scheme, although because the painters were not used to such a pattern the results are much less than perfect. i hope the moderators let it go through this one time. The assistant driver wanted his snap to be taken and i obliged. Thats why he's half hanging outside in the second photu. The locomotive is about to haul the shalimar express from New Delhi station to Jammu.

twiddle dum
atul
Attached Thumbnails
Versa - Review after 95,000 kms-palampur-trip1.jpg  

Versa - Review after 95,000 kms-palampur-trip2.jpg  

Versa - Review after 95,000 kms-p4010187.jpg  

Versa - Review after 95,000 kms-p4010190.jpg  

Last edited by ATUL SINGH : 25th April 2010 at 14:20. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 25th April 2010, 17:08   #20
BHPian

Quote:

Let us know when this issue is fixed, I face a similar problem with my Petrol Amby, but I don't think it's the Fuel Pump as some one here has suggested, I think it more to do with cleaning the injectors and accelator cable, but that's just my guess.
Old 4th May 2010, 22:06   #21
BHPian

great write up - I love my versa too-

I am working to get it in right shape now - planning to have a hitch and a swing cycle holding bar like will get it fabricated myself at the local shop

as for the headlight I have a 130/100 Philips with a relay in between, its quite easy for you to hook it in and let me know if you want to know how. - though a qualified auto electrician should do it for under Rs100 - and you get em the hardware -

I am adding a LED dome light with 36 LED's to get a bright white light in the cabin, and yes I don't have dual AC so I have decided to buy some fans, (the computer ones 120mm and with leds) with a flexible metal tube to mount the fans on for the rear passengers

I am planning to add a trailer to it so that it can carry the hovercraft I am planning to build soon.

more later

RGDS
Irfan
Old 1st June 2010, 22:11   #22
BHPian

probs continue.

Was over to the maruti authorised SS but the shutting down probsthey could not diagnose. In fact it did not surface up during the half an hour i was at the service station, so i'm stuck till it either balloons up into some thing major. Incidentally after the wiring problem during 2007 this is the second major issue.
Posting some frontal snaps of my versa. Along with it comes its stable mate, my Mahindra CJ3B.

atul
Attached Thumbnails
Versa - Review after 95,000 kms-gaadi-006.jpg  

Versa - Review after 95,000 kms-gaadi-008.jpg  

Versa - Review after 95,000 kms-p5230001.jpg  

Old 2nd June 2010, 21:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hi Atul,

During my M800 days, the paid service included injector cleaning and tappet setting. Check if your Versa's paid service includes this. Make sure it's done at the next servicing (if it's not covered, just pay for it and get it done this once), and see if the auto shut off problem disappears. If it's related to injectors as suggested by musicmann, it should hopefully go away after the cleanup. If not, you can get the other parts checked.

The versa pics are of course a delight, and I also liked the locomotive snaps. Maybe you should post them in the non-auto images thread.
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:50   #24
BHPian

Buzz,
Thanks. will do.

atul
Old 4th June 2010, 08:12   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Hi Atul,

The photos are quite nicely composed, specially the last shot. I didn't know you could get such types of mirrors for the Versa.

About your fear of not having an engine between you and the suzuki logo at the front, in case of a severe impact, the engine block can actually penetrate inside the cabin compartment. So it's not necessarily bad. The beam should hold up to moderate impacts well. I once saw a Versa being towed away, with its nose completely flattened. The cabin was intact. The whole nose area had acted as a sort of crumple zone. And that's about the only Versa I have seen involved in any accident.
+1 to that - this is one of the greatest virtues in a Versa.Just to add - the front frame is very weak though.Even a minor bump can push the bumper corners back and that can even bend the side fenders into a V - nothing to worry about but this is a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Hi Atul,

Check if your Versa's paid service includes this. Make sure it's done at the next servicing (if it's not covered, just pay for it and get it done this once), and see if the auto shut off problem disappears. If it's related to injectors as suggested by musicmann, it should hopefully go away after the cleanup. If not, you can get the other parts checked.
The problem you mentioned happens everytime the battery is disconnected-and I am sure it is because of the IACV getting partly dirty.Have this checked.

Atul,here are some snaps at the "right angle".My buggy is a Dec2003 DX with 55000 kms - in good shape

Versa - Review after 95,000 kms-imag0170a.jpg

Versa - Review after 95,000 kms-versa2.jpg

Cheers

Last edited by vigsom : 4th June 2010 at 08:14. Reason: addition
Old 5th June 2010, 16:26   #26
BHPian

Whats IACV vigsom? the snaps of your versa are a great addition to this thread. My V had started feeling very lonely out there. I agree to the crumple zones which you brought out. The corners do have a high tendency of collapsing and i had to get it rectified on a couple of occasions after minor skirmishes. any more snaps up your sleeve which you could share. have you done long distance cruising in your Vee?

atul
Old 5th June 2010, 17:13   #27
BHPian

Some snaps taken from our versa. The first one's taken by my ten year old daughter.

cheers
atul
Attached Thumbnails
Versa - Review after 95,000 kms-p4160047.jpg  

Versa - Review after 95,000 kms-p4160037.jpg  

Versa - Review after 95,000 kms-p4160032.jpg  

Last edited by ATUL SINGH : 5th June 2010 at 17:18.
Old 5th June 2010, 19:44   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Answers in line Atul

Quote:
Whats IACV vigsom? Inlet air control valve - this is the one which controls air at idling,when the butterfly/flapper on the throttle body is closed
any more snaps up your sleeve which you could share. you can see more in my garage
have you done long distance cruising in your Vee?I got the car when she was 7 month sold;the earlier owner was a long distance "ghoda".Most of my driving has been InCity/Semi Urban.Only once I have done 200 kms(up n down included)

This is the BEST City car in the country - no two thoughts about that.

atul
Old 6th June 2010, 11:51   #29
BHPian

thanks @vigsom.

Yesterday evening there was a storm with thundershowers at delhi and surrounding areas. Faridabad had its share and in the ensuing cacophony a neem tree broke up midway and fell on my versa parked outside. hopefully no major damage to the vehicle but i had to spend the better part of a couple of hours last night trying to hack through the branches to extricate my vehicle.

atul

Last edited by GTO : 7th June 2010 at 15:02. Reason: STRICTLY no more than 2 smilies per post please. Read our rules
Old 6th June 2010, 15:09   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
thanks @vigsom.

Yesterday evening there was a storm with thundershowers at delhi and surrounding areas. Faridabad had its share and in the ensuing cacophony a neem tree broke up midway and fell on my versa parked outside. hopefully no major damage to the vehicle but i had to spend the better part of a couple of hours last night trying to hack through the branches to extricate my vehicle.

atul
that means you became a hacker

Thank God there was no damage to the windscreen
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks