Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2010, 16:35   #196
Senior - BHPian

Blue only for Comfortline and Highline. Also if I am right 1.6 will come only in HL.
Old 25th June 2010, 16:56   #197
BHPian

Chennai dealership says " no official communication with regard to price and launch of polo 1.6".

Its a little premature to get hopes up :-(
Old 25th June 2010, 17:25   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
carfanatic, the problem with polo is that almost 90% of the cars delivered are in Red. This will add more to the clutter.
Poloman, if dealer keeps his word and I too get a Polo then it too will be RED
Old 25th June 2010, 19:34   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Blue only for Comfortline and Highline. Also if I am right 1.6 will come only in HL.
Phew! Thanks Poloman: one worry less for me!

Yes, I just looked at the brochure again, and you are right on both counts.
Old 25th June 2010, 20:51   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
Poloman, if dealer keeps his word and I too get a Polo then it too will be RED
Each Polo is different - Because the owner is different!

Day before yesterday, I saw 3 polos on Bannerghatta road in a span of 1 Km. 1 Black and 2 Red. It was night 10 Pm - road was almost empty. was great to watch!
Old 25th June 2010, 23:29   #201
BHPian

Yes, the number is increased and now I am able to get the glimpse of the car now and then.

Why don't you guys post some pics during the night with the lights lit? I have seen some pics of the interiors with lights lit, but of not so good quality. Probably the Olympus could come handy again
Old 26th June 2010, 12:52   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Ahhhhh....

Polo 1.6 a serious possibility with me. But look how long things are taking already? How long until they startdelivering 1.6?
The Kolkata dealer promised delivery in 1st week sept.
Old 26th June 2010, 13:42   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

It looks like VW delivery promises should be taken with a very large pinch of salt!
Old 26th June 2010, 13:46   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I see lot of red Polos around in Bangalore. Sad to lose the exclusivity enjoyed for quite some time . Hope it won't go the i20 or i10 or Swift way.
Shocked to hear that Petrol prices are deregulated. The people who were waiting for petrol Polo and being offered Diesel polo need not think twice on what to do now.
My daughter was commenting on the same - day before yesterday.

I was shocked to see today's news paper. Fuel prices have gone up again. Since prices are deregulated, IMO we will have a tough time ahead.
Old 26th June 2010, 15:13   #205
BHPian

Hey Poloman:

Thanks for your continual updates! Useful for fence-sitters like me to learn from you.

I wanted to know if you continue to have back aches that may be attributable (if at all) to seating in the Polo

What about the clutch that you felt earlier was tight? Are you now comfortable with it?

Thanks once again.
Old 26th June 2010, 15:55   #206
BHPian

In case price are deregulated the prices of diesel will also rise as Govt. give subsidy on diesel not on petrol. In any case difference between petrol & diesel prices would make over. P.S.: There's more loss incurred for selling diesel than petrol for the oil companies.
Old 26th June 2010, 17:35   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
What about the clutch that you felt earlier was tight? Are you now comfortable with it?
I would also like to know about that poloman.

And recently when I was at the showroom, I saw a polo floor mat which had a good amount of padding in the area where the foot rests (Only that portion had double thickness). I felt that the padding is added on purpose after the feedback from the customers regarding the high clutch position. Or probably the padding was always there and I didn't observe.

Please clarify.
Old 26th June 2010, 18:56   #208
Senior - BHPian

Clutch of Polo is not tight, but the clutch is placed high. So you have to lift your leg to press it down. Otherwise you will be forced to ride the clutch.This is surely uncomfortable in stop and go traffic. Putting two mats really help. I have put one textile and one plastic mat.The mat with extra padding is 'news' to me.
Polo is not responsible for my back pain. But the seat height adjustment was giving some jerky feeling on hard braking. This was aggravating the pain.
Chetan, Any luck on the RC book?
Old 26th June 2010, 21:42   #209
BHPian

Hi Poloman,

Have heard that Polo is a bit noisy when engine is started, I noticed this during the test drive too, but honestly I liked the sound - its not like unwanted sound...as if its tuned to sound like that, which personally I liked.
Very recently I have seen quite a few Polos on road, but didnt quite notice the sound (please note these are not in main roads, have seen these Polos in relatively quiter roads, so any sound could have easily noticed).
Is it that when the car attains a certain speed, the sound is negligible?
Also, can we have the bonnet insulation (as mentioned in GTO`s review, guess its in diesel) as an accessory in Petrol cars also?
Old 26th June 2010, 22:03   #210
Senior - BHPian

Avon, Here is my personal experience on Polo engine refinement.
The engine is comparitively noisy. No way this can match the Maruti or Honda engines in the department.But VW has done a decent job in the sound insulation in the cabin. So even on idling not much noise is felt in the cabin. But if you rev the engine you will hear the roar. Also there is slight rocking action of the 3 pot engine.
In outdoors you won't be able to notice much of the noise unless you stand very close to the car or the roads are deserted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks