Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2010, 18:19   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
sir this is the boot and this is the gear lever and this is how you start the car, the spare wheel is stored in the boot etc etc.
Astonishing. What on earth do these people get as training?
Old 16th August 2010, 18:50   #302
BHPian

Hi Muneem

Congrats on the Car. I am repeating a question i posted on the Polo Test drive thread.

I am 5 ft 7 inches (If measured Generously) tall. The question is about the need or not of the height adjust mechanism. Do i really need it

What are your thoughts on it.

regards

Sree
Old 16th August 2010, 20:44   #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
Hi Muneem

Congrats on the Car. I am repeating a question i posted on the Polo Test drive thread.

I am 5 ft 7 inches (If measured Generously) tall. The question is about the need or not of the height adjust mechanism. Do i really need it

regards

Sree
HI Sree... Well I had the same state of mind as you have right now before I decided on the trendline because that is the only major difference which will matter if you compare the trendline and the comfortline. I was lucky enough to clock a couple of kilometers in my friends Polo comfortline and I had a tough time getting the right driving position. The beauty is that the seat position of the Trendline is more appropriate compared to the multuple adjusments you will need to make on the comfortline to get the right position. I guess it's fixed according to the average height of Indians.

I am 5 feet 10 inches and I am absolutely comfortable with seat back slightly inclined and seat position adjusted according to leg length (fully press clutch and adjust seat till your leg is stretched and straight ).
Pull steering towards you and raise it accordingly. I am sure you will like the driving position....

Go for it!!!!!
Old 16th August 2010, 20:59   #304

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Congrats mueen! But since your's is Trendline variant, how come does it have body-coloured mirrors and door handles?

P.S: It'd be great if you start your own ownership thread
Hey Zohaib. You must have missed my previous post. I have got the door handles and mirrors painted in body colour at Downtown for 3.5K.. Looks neat doesn't it??

I have been an ardent fan of Poloman and his polo ever since i started to dream about my Polo hence I am here.
Old 16th August 2010, 22:01   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
Hi Muneem

regards

Sree
@Sree - I am exactly your height and didn't find it difficult to drive with the seat set at the lowest position.
Old 23rd August 2010, 09:46   #306
BHPian

@muneensait Thanks for the heads up on the seat adjust. My booking is a week old. Hope to see the car in Nov

@sadnbrina- Thanks for the update on the seat position,

Now if some one could tell what after market alloys are available in the Polo Sock sizes of 14 and 15 inches and some pics that would make my day

cheers

Last edited by sreedotk : 23rd August 2010 at 09:48.
Old 23rd August 2010, 10:25   #307
BANNED

Mueensait, I liked the refreshing language you have used for describing your experience.

First time I filled, I could easily get in 48+ litres and asked the guy to stop pumping as I thought it was an error. A 50 litre + fuel capacity coupled with the tall FE experienced by some Polo owners on this car effectively puts a range to over 800 kms on a highway and more! Is there another petrol vehicle around in the same class that can claim such a long range?
Old 26th August 2010, 00:48   #308
Senior - BHPian

Came back from a gruelling 1300Km trip in Polo. My respect for this car is increasing with every such trip. This trip helped me to check out the handling and cornering capabilities of Polo to some extent.It is just awesome. Also the engine has enough punch at the higher range to complement the handling.So with some spirited driving lot of cars on the road were smoked out and had to run for cover.It was raining heavily most of the time and I am impressed with the grip and handling of Apollo Accelere tyres. At no point of time I felt insecure.
On negative side the car has got some serious fogging on the windscreen in heavy rain.
SadlyPolo got injured from tiny stone chips in two three places. One has pierced the back side of ORVM and got embedded there.
Got a maximum mileage of 19.8 during the trip. I will post some pictures tomorrow.
Special Mention: No niggles or squeaks even after driving extensively on some of non existent roads in Kerala.

Last edited by poloman : 26th August 2010 at 00:52.
Old 26th August 2010, 10:31   #309
Senior - BHPian

Nice update Poloman.

That's some great mileage there. And it sounds like you weren't exactly driving for efficiency - more like you were gunning it!

So you feel the 1.2 has enough power to pull those brisk highway overtakes?

Can't wait for the pics!

Last edited by anekho : 26th August 2010 at 10:34.
Old 26th August 2010, 11:12   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mueensait View Post
A big thanks to Mr. Vikas from Volkswagen Downtown who arranged to give me my Volkswagen Polo Trendline in 50 days flat, well that’s because I was lucky there was a cancellation at downtown and Mr. Vikas was kind enough to give that allotment. to me.

Overall I had a good sales experience except for one or two sales staff at downtown who are ill informed and irresponsible, One guy Zafar really puts me off also I feel that this place is under staffed as people keep waiting for a chance to interact with the sales guys. Anyways, I asked Kishore the Accessory guy to get the door handles and mirrors done in body color but at 3500/- bucks it was steep, I wanted a factory finish and was confident that they will do the job well also asked him to arrange for a parcel tray and also fix mud flaps. The parcel tray set me back by 1250/- and mud flaps by 975/-. The car was promised at 3:30 Pm Friday evening but exactly at 3 Pm I get a call from Downtown saying that the car will be ready by 4:30 pm instead because the painted parts are on their way from their hosur road branch I said that’s ok and reached downtown by 4:45 Pm all formalities done and I went inside the service area to check out my beauty but to my surprise the paint finish on the door handles and mirrors was just horrible even the color was not matching my heart beat stopped at the horrendous job and I just stood there dishearten and shocked and at the same time cursing myself to trust VW quality control blindly when actually it’s our Indian mentality and expertise which was at work here. Kishore convinced me that he will get the job redone if I could get the car back on Monday morning, I had no other choice but say ok and proceed for delivery.

The sales guy greeted us with a bouquet of gerberas a bag of goodies and the keys to my shiny new Polo. He also wanted to explain the features of the car to me which I was keen to hear but was disappointed with words like sir this is the boot and this is the gear lever and this is how you start the car, the spare wheel is stored in the boot etc etc.. When what I actually wanted to hear was what’s new in the VW compared to all others. Poloman will know what I am talking about.

Took her home had our Iftiyaar (meal to break fast) and went for my prayers and thanked Allah for his blessing, finally got home by 11:30 Pm. As soon as I got home my wife kids and my kid siblings attacked me for a drive and treat. With Bangalore shutting down at 11:30 Pm we had nowhere to go but one place The Coffee Day at The Bengaluru International Airport a good 45 Km away from our place.

The Polo felt remarkable, Build quality is second to none. I don't think I need to emphasize on that as most of us here know about it.The car corners like a leech Grip levels from the 175/70 Apollo’s was just ok , this car was screaming for better and wider rubber. Handling was precise though a little too electric for my liking. Engine noise inside the cabin was a distance hum with A/C on lowest and temperatures dropping to manali levels. I just love that growl from the engine. I kept the car between 2500-3000 Rmp range and the car settled at about 80-90 Kmph in fifth gear. Didn’t want to push too much as the engine needs running in so can’t comment on outright acceleration but yes in city the 1.2 does a good job I have nothing to complain.

Comfort is amazing my family was totally happy with the comfort and magic carpet ride of the Polo, The car absorbing all the irregularities of the road with an occasional thud from larger pot holes no bouncing and no throwing the passengers. In fact my sister commented that she felt like she was travelling in a Boeing I can’t deny with the perfect ride and the engine hum / growl to enhance that feeling the polo did feel like that. All in all a perfectly balanced ride and handling package .Ground clearance I think is a little on the lower side.

I filled the tank to the brim with Shell Super unleaded and the massive petrol tank gulped in a shade over 50 liters. I have done about 200 kms odd so far and the fuel gauge hasn’t budged hoping it stays that way for longer. Will post more on FE later.

Six months since the first Polo hit the Indian roads and my car still gets admiring looks and questions like how much on road and kitna Mileage? Commands a much better Snob value then say the Swift or i20.

I am very happy with my decision and hoping to live with my Polo for a long time to come.
Hi Mueen,

Congrats on your new Polo!

I too am dealing with Zafar. I think he is inexperienced and a little junior and perhaps misinformed on some of the stuff. I had no problems with the others there.
Old 26th August 2010, 12:10   #311
Senior - BHPian

The car is nearing 3.5K with this trip. I could touch a speed of 145kmph easily. Some tall boys tried to mess up with Polo and had to swallow the bitter pill . The handling is spot on with a perfect feedback from the steering wheel. The car sticks to the road like a leech.
The horn comes handy on the highways. Even truck guys give respect to Polo horn.
Also i drove with high beam for quite some time and found the illumination and throw quite adequate.
Old 26th August 2010, 18:17   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
The car is nearing 3.5K with this trip. I could touch a speed of 145kmph easily. Some tall boys tried to mess up with Polo and had to swallow the bitter pill . The handling is spot on with a perfect feedback from the steering wheel. The car sticks to the road like a leech.
The horn comes handy on the highways. Even truck guys give respect to Polo horn.
Also i drove with high beam for quite some time and found the illumination and throw quite adequate.
Nice going poloman.
Today I had a chance to TD my friends polo petrol and I was blown away by the quality, fit and finish.
His polo has done about 3000KM and there wasn't a single squeak or anything. It still looks and sounds brand new.
The polo is miles a ahead compared to the figo.

You get what you paid for Wish I had waited and got the polo.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 26th August 2010 at 18:26.
Old 26th August 2010, 19:10   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Came back from a gruelling 1300Km trip in Polo. My respect for this car is increasing with every such trip. This trip helped me to check out the handling and cornering capabilities of Polo to some extent.It is just awesome. Also the engine has enough punch at the higher range to complement the handling.So with some spirited driving lot of cars on the road were smoked out and had to run for cover.It was raining heavily most of the time and I am impressed with the grip and handling of Apollo Accelere tyres. At no point of time I felt insecure.
On negative side the car has got some serious fogging on the windscreen in heavy rain.
SadlyPolo got injured from tiny stone chips in two three places. One has pierced the back side of ORVM and got embedded there.
Got a maximum mileage of 19.8 during the trip. I will post some pictures tomorrow.
Special Mention: No niggles or squeaks even after driving extensively on some of non existent roads in Kerala.
AC vents are too close to the wind shield. This I think is the problem. But irritating.

Quote:
Again . You sure about the High beam? Even though it is adequate - about 20% less effective, than would be desired I suppose.

What was that bitter pill?
Old 26th August 2010, 19:21   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Got a maximum mileage of 19.8 during the trip.
Poloman - your mileage figues are extraordinary and it seems you are consistently managing to extract ~19 range.

Quote:
with you 100% on this, I liked the horn very much, the sound is unique.
Old 26th August 2010, 20:28   #315
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Captain. build quality of Polo is better than Figo, no doubt. But Figo is not far behind.
Chetan, Tall boys had to helplessly watch Polo disappearing fast in the horizon.
Even some sedans struggled to cope up with Polo, specially on winding roads.
Also there were some questions on the pulling power of the car on ghat roads and steep inclines. After the trip i can vouch for the car with full confidence in this aspect.
Not sure on high beam since I have not driven many cars during night. But I find it quite adequate.
Avon, This is the mileage you can extract with serene driving style.Keep a light foot with rpm @ around 2000. I could maintain those figures only for around 200Km. After the spirited driving it quickly dropped to 17.xx

Last edited by poloman : 26th August 2010 at 20:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks