Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2011, 11:08   #61
BHPian

Re: Vista; Long Term Ownership Report (from Page 4)

@motomaverick: Please do let me know what issues are you facing, and you can give concorde motors a shot!
Old 29th November 2011, 09:17   #62
BHPian

Issues faced till date:

1. The infamous PW switch went kaput sometime back. Was replaced under warranty and the new one is holding perfectly.

2. Suspension was making some sound, was rectified in servicing.

3. AC cooling had gone down, was rectified in servicing.

So that's my short list so far.
Old 8th December 2011, 16:07   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
Dealer Experience and Fourth Free Service Details:

Dealer Experience:

A lot has been said about TATA after sales service. Here are my take on things:

1. My car has been serviced regularly at Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore.

2. Till date I have no significant complains against the service quality. Have been given appointments promptly and the vehicle is delivered on time after each service.

3. The service advisors have been friendly/knowledgeable and accommodating.

4. One thing that I have noticed is that the service advisors are keener on taking private vehicles rather than ones used for taxi purpose. One reason could be that they get better feedback from private owners. Other could be that their chances of selling extra services (car cleaning, engine waxing etc) are more when it comes to private vehicle owners as compared to taxi drivers.

5. The waiting area at the dealer has a nice view of the service area.

So far the service experience have been very satisfactory. I will suggest team-bhp folks to get friendly with the service advisors and preferably ask for the same advisor every time. Another factor is to keep our expectations clear thereby enabling the service team to achieve them.

Fourth Service Details:

Gave the vehicle at 8:45 a.m. and got it back at 4:00 p.m. (as promised).

Issue reported:
AC cooling has gone down

Bill:
Total of Rs 6,995 with the following breakup (add VAT/TAX to the breakup):

• MOBIL1 0W40 ENGINE OIL: 3.2 LTRS: Rs 3,228
• OIL FILTER: Rs 350
• FUEL FILTER: Rs 1,671
• AIR FILTER: Rs 249
• WHEEL BALANCING and WEIGHT: Rs 549

Observations after Service:
• AC cooling issue was rectified; it is now chilling as usual.
• The gear box and the car overall has become super-smooth. I need some inputs on why after every service; the gear box feels better than before? What process (if any) is carried at the time of service for making this difference? Is it something that I can do at home (with minimal tools).

Coming up next are the issues faced till date.

Are these costs normal or on a higher side. Engine Oil @Rs 1000/lt looks high to me. Maybe because I was using a Petrol till date. Could you also highlight other service costs.
Old 9th December 2011, 11:03   #64
Senior - BHPian

TSEA

Sorry for a late reply. Really glad to see another satisfied Vista customer. The Cavern Grey colour and those seat covers are damn good.

I too changed my Vista's engine oil from mineral to Fully Synthetic Mobil1 0W/40 just last week. Car has been running pretty smoothly comparatively, especially in the 1st gear where the pulling effort used to feel a little harsh. However, just one question. Mine is a petrol Vista (Safire) and it gulped down full 4 liters can in one go. Does the capacity of engine oil vary from petrol to diesel? The full 4 liter can costed me 4100/-. Also, the oil filter cost was just 199/-. This oil filter is the official Tata branded oil filter for petrol Vista .

My Vista has completed about 22700 kms in about 2.5 years and it has been niggle free from day one, ofcourse except the pathetic PW switches. I had to replace one switch under warranty during 2nd Free service and then nothing.

Wishing many more happy miles with your Vista.

Cheers!

EDIT: Here's my own thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...completed.html

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 9th December 2011 at 11:05.
Old 9th December 2011, 11:08   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Are these costs normal or on a higher side. Engine Oil @Rs 1000/lt looks high to me. Maybe because I was using a Petrol till date. Could you also highlight other service costs.
@Gaurav: The oil used here is Synthetic oil (Mobil1 0W40), maybe that's why it is coming more than regular one. Infact the same grade oil is alos recommended for petrol Vista's.

There were no other costs involved in this service apart from the engine oil, filters and wheel balancing.
Old 9th December 2011, 11:27   #66
BHPian

@Ajay: Have no idea on why the engine oil filter for the same grade oil is cheaper for Petrol than diesel. However what I did come to know was that the engine oil capacity of Quadrajet is 3.2 ltrs and that of Saffire (65 PS) is 2.6 ltrs (as per Vista owners manual). In my previous engine oil change, the left over oil in the Can was returned back to me. I read your post and it seems that the engine oil intake is usually more than the manufacturer recommended.

And your car looks very nicely maintained. Enjoy your ride.
Old 9th December 2011, 11:30   #67
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the compliments TSEA.

I really don't why it is mentioned 2.6 liters in the manual whereas the actual capacity is 4 liters. When the previous oil was flushed out from my Vista, it measured EXACTLY 4 liters. I don't know if there is any technical reason behind this. Are we not supposed to top-up the oil till the brim?
Old 9th December 2011, 12:03   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Thanks for the compliments TSEA.

I really don't why it is mentioned 2.6 liters in the manual whereas the actual capacity is 4 liters. When the previous oil was flushed out from my Vista, it measured EXACTLY 4 liters. I don't know if there is any technical reason behind this. Are we not supposed to top-up the oil till the brim?
As per the gyan available on internet, overfilling can cause damage on a longer run. But the definition of overfilling (how much more) is not clear. Maybe the experts can clarify it.
Old 19th December 2011, 17:54   #69
BHPian

A quick update on the Fuel Efficiency: Just got the tank filled for around Rs 1480/32.05 ltrs with the car running 560 kms (in Bangalore City Traffic); that is around 17.47 kms/ltrs. I am very happy with those figures. I used to get 15 kms/ltrs in city driving earlier, so that is a good welcome change.
Old 3rd February 2012, 12:22   #70
BHPian

Fuel Efficiency Update

Just got the Car refuelled. Here are the specs:

Litres: 32.46
Price: Rs 1500
@Indian Oil (I am regular to this place).
Kms since previous tank full: 606 kms (100% Bangalore Local driving).

Acc to the above figures, the car returned 18.66 kms to a litre of diesel.

Factors contributing to above figures:

First the +tives:

1. Have changed my driving style a bit. Try to avoid hitting the turbo band between speedbreakers.
2. Changed my daily commute route, taking artery roads rather than main roads. Thereby am able to avoid heavy traffic.

Now the -tives:

1. Due to the route change, I see around 148 speedbreakers (Yes, I counted them) over a distance of 80 kms (daily). Also have to travel over 2 kms of kaccha road daily.
2. Have kept the tyre pressure little less than the recommended (helps little bit in going over smaller speedbreakers)

Needless to say I am extremely satisfied with the fuel efficiency .

Last edited by TSEA : 3rd February 2012 at 12:24.
Old 3rd February 2012, 12:33   #71
Senior - BHPian

Wow! TSEA,
18.6kmpl is an astounding FE driving in a city. How often you refuel in a month ? What's your monthly running approximately.
Seriously, my heart skips a beat when I read a diesel's car ownership report where in you guys get such outstanding FE :(. My petrol car gives me just 12kmpl.
80kms daily is quite a daily run.
Have fun with the diesel.
Old 3rd February 2012, 13:02   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Wow! TSEA,
18.6kmpl is an astounding FE driving in a city. How often you refuel in a month ? What's your monthly running approximately.
Seriously, my heart skips a beat when I read a diesel's car ownership report where in you guys get such outstanding FE :(. My petrol car gives me just 12kmpl.
80kms daily is quite a daily run.
Have fun with the diesel.
@Fordmanchau: Since I work from home on 2 days/week, my daily run of 80 kms does not amount to a big monthly figure. So I generally refill after 3 weeks.

Regarding the diesel vehicle, it did not make a lot of sense for me initially. I mean investing more on the landing cost and then not really putting in that many kms in daily driving. But now, I am happy.

I think 18.6 is probably the best I will manage in bangalore city, in fact I will be more than happy if the efficiency figure stays around 18 .
Old 3rd February 2012, 14:17   #73
Senior - BHPian

These are some seriously superb FE figures. 17/18 kmpl is too good in city. The max I have got till date is 13.9 kmpl, which is kind of OK for a petrol Vista, but still looking at your FE figures, it sucks.

I see that you have not uploaded pics of your Vista recently. Are you planning any mods? I am on the verge of getting a new HU with a budget of around 8-10k, just for the HU. Let me know if you have any idea.
Old 3rd February 2012, 14:56   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
These are some seriously superb FE figures. 17/18 kmpl is too good in city. The max I have got till date is 13.9 kmpl, which is kind of OK for a petrol Vista, but still looking at your FE figures, it sucks.

I see that you have not uploaded pics of your Vista recently. Are you planning any mods? I am on the verge of getting a new HU with a budget of around 8-10k, just for the HU. Let me know if you have any idea.
@Ajay: 13.9 is a great figure for a petrol Vista.

I am not an audiophile (so will not be able to suggest HU also) and the stock HU is more than sufficent for me. Haven't felt the need of updgrading the rubber as well. So no mods for me as of now.

I have been very lazy in taking pics. But you have motivated me, will try to spruce up the vehicle on this weekend and post some pics.
Old 22nd February 2012, 19:10   #75
BHPian

Anothe Fuel Efficiency Update:

My car tyres needed some air, so went to a PP for air refill. Cause I was there, decided to refill fuel as well. The fuel gauge was around 1/3rd empty.

Litres: 13.65
Price: Rs 630.08 @Indian Oil
Kms since previous tank full: 261 (100% Bangalore Local driving).

Acc to the above figures, the car returned 19.12 kms to a litre of diesel.

I was surprised, and was even more surprised when the tyre pressure before air refill was ranging from 22 to 26 (Filled it 30 psi) on individual wheels. (btw minimum recommended for front tyres is 32 psi and for rear is 30 psi)

So I am confused. I am under the impression that low tyre pressure does result in poor fuel efficiency. Any way, I will post an update once I refill fuel (having run the car with 30 psi in the tyres).

Last edited by TSEA : 22nd February 2012 at 19:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks