Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2011, 17:34   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Suzuki Baleno it is! EDIT : Now beyond 163,000 km!

I am also inclining towards Yokos. Another option creeping in is bridgestone turanza but I will ahve to go for 175/70/14 to maintain error within the 2% limit. Just got the front suspension done but have not yet received the bill but the smile on the mechanic's face has been enough to have me scared. Also the fact that right after getting the work done he has flown to Dubai, is not helping matters either.
Lets see.
He said the parts have become costlier during the past 2 months or so, as the prices he got the parts for, now is way more than what he paid for them 2 months back.
Old 9th August 2011, 11:01   #62
Senior - BHPian

Finally got Yoko C drives put on. Initial review is excellent grip. But the tyre noise is slightly more than what I was expecting. The car is feeling bouncy maybe due to incorrect tyre pressure. What would be the recommended one? Should I stick to what Maruti says? Will post pictures of the new tyres soon.

The bill for suspension over haul has come to Rs 40040/-. The parts replaced were:- Front shockers, Ball Joint, Ends, SJ Links, Arms.

Last edited by wanderernomad : 9th August 2011 at 11:02.
Old 9th August 2011, 11:04   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Finally got Yoko C drives put on. Initial review is excellent grip. But the tyre noise is slightly more than what I was expecting. The car is feeling bouncy maybe due to incorrect tyre pressure. What would be the recommended one? Should I stick to what Maruti says? Will post pictures of the new tyres soon.
30 psi is good enough, I used to always maintain the same.

Quote:
The bill for suspension over haul has come to Rs 40040/-. The parts replaced were:- Front shockers, Ball Joint, Ends, SJ Links, Arms.
That's a big one man, how much has the car run ?
Old 9th August 2011, 12:03   #64
Senior - BHPian

The car has run 55,000 Kms. But for a brief period of about 8000 Kms the car was driven on some horrible roads by the driver. The cost of some of the parts I have been told have gone up a few notches in the past 2 months itself.
Old 11th August 2011, 22:53   #65
Senior - BHPian

Took it out for a highway run. Am impressed with the tires and the car is effortlessly cruising at speeds of 120 kmph. Braking is excellent and the tires dont lock or skid even under hard braking (jammed them a few times hard to test). However the noise is slightly more than what I had imagined it would be. But the tires have barely done 200 kms a sof now maybe a little wear will reduce the noise, what say?
Old 13th August 2011, 02:01   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Took it out for a highway run. Am impressed with the tires and the car is effortlessly cruising at speeds of 120 kmph. Braking is excellent and the tires dont lock or skid even under hard braking (jammed them a few times hard to test). However the noise is slightly more than what I had imagined it would be. But the tires have barely done 200 kms a sof now maybe a little wear will reduce the noise, what say?
Good that you liked them.
Lets hope. In my cars (Innova and Baleno) they are very silent. Are you missing some of the famed baleno insulation? there are a few sound deadening pads in the boot that come loose easily and allow a bit of road noise if they are not present.
Old 13th August 2011, 03:22   #67
Senior - BHPian

Hi wanderernomad,

Just re-imagine the noise level you expected to be higher than what it is in reality, there problem solved
Old 13th August 2011, 20:42   #68
Senior - BHPian

Yeah Bro, as they say- its all up there in the mind. lol.
Old 29th August 2011, 13:45   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Could you tell me from where did you get the job done and your feedback on it, if you got it repaired from chandigarh/mohali? i plan to have my baleno's suspension checked soon.
Old 29th August 2011, 21:19   #70
Senior - BHPian

rock 75 I got it done at a friends workshop in the Chandigarh Industrial Area I. The ride is much better and smooth. In case you want a reference to his place let me know. He is slightly expensive on labour front than others but atleast the job he does is worth it.
Old 1st October 2011, 00:31   #71
BHPian

Quote:
@gigy I got them checked, nothing wrong there mate. Now on Sunday I am getting the starter motor opened and cleaned and greased. Hopefully the problem shall not resurface.
Hi Wandernomad, Ihave noticed a similar problem. The self-start simply stops responding. Did you get the starter motor serviced? What is the response after that? I hope the problem has been fixed after that ?

Regards,

Dev-Gun

Last edited by Amartya : 1st October 2011 at 06:38. Reason: Kindly avoid typing .......like ... this....(dotty posts).Anyway, have fun in the forum. Thanks.
Old 1st October 2011, 23:15   #72
Senior - BHPian

No mate not yet but the problem has not resurfaced yet. But the next time your starter doesnt work with the engine having being run, try this, pour some cold water on your battery and try starting. If it starts, the problem is with your battery not the starter motor.
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 14:52   #73

i own a 2006 baleno LXi, and i wanted to upgrade my tyres to 14' from the 13' ones i have right now. please could anyone suggest me the best pair of tyres i should get from my baleno?
Old 29th November 2011, 06:53   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikeya.bisen View Post
i own a 2006 baleno LXi, and i wanted to upgrade my tyres to 14' from the 13' ones i have right now. please could anyone suggest me the best pair of tyres i should get from my baleno?
Hi Kartikeya,

I upgraded my Baleno's tyres in september :

Michellins XM1+
Have got the Baleno's stock rims (13'' Lxi) replaced with Swift's stock rims (14'' Vxi)
Tyer size 185/65 R14

They have run about 8k kms so far, excellent tyres...brilliant grip...fantastic cornering and braking...very very less road noise...all in all...like they say ''Total paisa wasool''.

You wont regret them !

Regards,

Dev-Gun
Old 29th November 2011, 11:33   #75

Thanks a lot dev-gun. This was of great help. Now i at least know the tyres i'm buying. Though i'm going to pester you a little more, how much did this cost you? both the tyres and the rims?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks