Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2012, 11:35   #16
BHPian

Re: One year and 16k in my Innova VX

Buffetfan, great to see that you're enjoying your Innova. I am on my second Innova VX and I've enjoyed both immensely. My driving style is more of smooth acceleration so engine noise etc hasn't bothered me. In fact I think the Innova is surprisingly fast. On highway driving other cars pretty much yield at the sight of my car in their rear view mirrors.

I have a question on tyre pressure - I just picked up the Michelin XM2s. I've been using pressure of 32-33 psi earlier but the tyre dealer suggested 36 psi. My driving is 95% in the city.
nikhil.nayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 18:30   #17
BHPian

Congrats for the Innova. The VX is a perfect highway tourer and the ride comfort is unmatched. The pricing could have been a tad better.
Post some snaps of the car, even if it is not an uncommon sight on the roads.
Utopian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 17:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.nayak View Post
Buffetfan, great to see that you're enjoying your Innova. I am on my second Innova VX and I've enjoyed both immensely. My driving style is more of smooth acceleration so engine noise etc hasn't bothered me. In fact I think the Innova is surprisingly fast. On highway driving other cars pretty much yield at the sight of my car in their rear view mirrors.

I have a question on tyre pressure - I just picked up the Michelin XM2s. I've been using pressure of 32-33 psi earlier but the tyre dealer suggested 36 psi. My driving is 95% in the city.
32 is right pressure in my view. 36 is recommended only when we have 8 persons onboard. While there might be very marginal FE improvement @ 36 compared to 32 (reason all taxi drivers keep 36 in their Innova), the suspension work will kick in earlier because of the lower bump absorption by tires. Not to mention the rock hard ride at this pressure.

Me - I keep 31 Psi as I have wider tires and the ride can get very bumpy at higher pressures.
Buffetfan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks