Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2010, 12:36   #16
BHPian

@ Rohan: ARAI certified numbers are always a result of mixed driving conditions. As far as misleading information goes, please do not believe the figures if you dont want to. I know how I drive and I know that my car gave me 25 kms to a litre on the mumbai-panchgani run. Moreover, your comments are not welcome if you want to ridicule people on this forum. Period !!!
Old 18th November 2010, 12:46   #17
BHPian

@ SPARKled: I agree. The seats are definitely a big issue in this car. The high FE which I got on the mumbai-panchgani route was just a one off case. After that run, I get around 20-22 on the highways as I maintain a steady 80. City is pathetic, 11-13. Blame it on the Mumbai traffic.

Cost of the entire suspension set up like tie rods, shocks and lower arm??? Your car already due for an overhaul? How many kms have you put in? Surprising. Usually this overhaul is not till 75 k+. Well...depends on the usage too. My dads Esteem had crossed 1 lakh kms when he sold it in 2006. The suspension would go further for 10,000 kms as told by Maruti service center guys. I am pretty careful with my Spark on rough patches. Need to use it for a longer period .
Old 18th November 2010, 12:49   #18
BHPian

@roy libran: The engine is the best in class. Very silent. Definitely a VFM car !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Spark interiors are indeed very Spacious, and the engine very nice to drive. I particularly think that this is the most VFM offering in that segment, and the current discounts that Chevy is offering for Nov, makes the deal very sweet.
Old 18th November 2010, 14:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikrantD View Post
@ Rohan: ARAI certified numbers are always a result of mixed driving conditions. As far as misleading information goes, please do not believe the figures if you dont want to. I know how I drive and I know that my car gave me 25 kms to a litre on the mumbai-panchgani run. Moreover, your comments are not welcome if you want to ridicule people on this forum. Period !!!
If you find my previous post offensive, please feel free to report the post to the moderators. Let the mods decide if I have broken any forum rules.

Would you enlighten us about the method you use to measure FE ?

Rohan
Old 18th November 2010, 14:11   #20
BHPian

I always thought Spark had beige interiors. When did chevy release Spark with grey dashboards. My car is a year old and i have never seen a Spark with dark interiors. I am sure i am missing something here.
Old 18th November 2010, 14:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

Beige interiors were released from July'09 onwards. When I went to TD the car during June'09, there was not a single one with beige.
Old 18th November 2010, 14:23   #22
BHPian

Yeah, that explains. Thanks @Gansan. I would have loved dark interiors on the Spark. Not for the looks. Beige are more pleasing. But the amount of reflection of the dashboard on the windshield is way too annoying. I guess I10 has the same problem. Now, i have accepted to live with the problem!!
Old 18th November 2010, 14:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

I don't know about reflection in the windshield, but beige sure gets dirty very fast!
Old 18th November 2010, 14:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
10. My right leg pains after 3-4 hrs drive. The brake and accel pedals are not placed properly in this car. This is the only and the only reason which will make me change my car in a couple of years.
Spot on. I feel the pedals are placed on the higher side. Quiet uncomfortable for long drives.

Quote:
13. Just got my front monogram stolen last month. Need to run to chor bazaar and get a new one. Also need to get wheel caps (the original cost 500 each) and the door side panels. Heard I can get the originals at cheap rates at CST road or chor bazaar.
I would suggest you to refrain buying it from 'chor bazaar'. These monograms don't cost much. Buy it from Chevy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Its OK to feel passionate about your car, but please don't give misleading information on the forum.
25 km to a litre.
By the way, the ARAI certified fuel efficiency of Spark is 18 kmpl as per Chevrolet website.
Rohan
Looks like for you ARAI figures are the 'MAX' that you can get out of your car!! Is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I don't know about reflection in the windshield, but beige sure gets dirty very fast!
Dark interiors were much better. You should see the amount of reflection you get on the windscreen with these new beige interiors. Its quiet irritating
Old 18th November 2010, 15:26   #25
BHPian

@HammerHead: I have not yet checked the monogram prices at Chevy. Will do that if you say they are not expensive.

@Rohan: My dear friend. Please read what you have typed. You really need to learn to write properly. If you do not agree with someones views, then you need to pen it down properly. You don't have to ridicule people. I also read your other comment on some other persons comparison between a K10 and a Figo (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...ml#post2144390).

This is what you write:

I can understand that most people are passionate, sometimes even over-passionate, about their cars. But lets talk sense and not make lame remarks like these, they don't contribute any value to the discussion.

Dear Mods, have you appointed this person to rate users discussions????

@ babuchand - Let your friend buy a car that suits his reuirements, please don't shove an Alto down his throat just because you also happen to have one.

Shove an Alto down his throat??? Unacceptable & Disgusting language !!!!!! Before you say such things, please remember that there are people on this forum who are far more superior to you in every other way. For all you know, user babuchand might be a very senior person (maybe your fathers age) who has to put up with such comments from people like you !!!!

As for FE calculations, read my replies to others comments before repeating questions.
Old 18th November 2010, 15:30   #26
BHPian

@ Lightening: You are right about the reflection part. My friend bought his Spark last year and the default interiors are beige. He does have issues with the beige. The Spark was originally launched with grey interiors. I kind of like the colour combination.
Old 18th November 2010, 15:53   #27
BHPian

@VikrantD: Good for you. Beige interiors caused so much of a pain that a few months back, i was on a spree to find out the best way out. After a lot of research, though there was no 'good' solution, i bought polaroid sunglasses that eliminate this problem to certain extent.
Old 18th November 2010, 16:00   #28
BHPian

@ Lightening: I don't know if you have seen this, but it really helps. I have seen these tourist Indica's in Mumbai with grey coloured jackets on the dashboards. They have a velvetish, carpetish look. I saw something similar in a beige interior i10. I guess the i10 fellow had it on for the reflection reason. Try to find out if you can get one for your car.
Old 18th November 2010, 16:18   #29
BHPian

Yup.Thanks for that Vikrant. I did consider that. In fact that was one of the first options i had considered. But that totally spoils the aesthetics of the car. So it was aesthetics versus a slight mental tuning to live with the problem. I chose the latter!!!
Old 18th November 2010, 20:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cost of the entire suspension set up like tie rods, shocks and lower arm??? Your car already due for an overhaul? How many kms have you put in? Surprising. Usually this overhaul is not till 75 k+. Well...depends on the usage too. My dads Esteem had crossed 1 lakh kms when he sold it in 2006. The suspension would go further for 10,000 kms as told by Maruti service center guys. I am pretty careful with my Spark on rough patches. Need to use it for a longer period .
No No!! My car is not due for such a job yet. Just wondering coz usually these things get problematic after about 4 years of use. I recently spent over 15K to get front shocks, tie rod and a few other suspension bits replaced at about 15-17K. So just wanted to know if any one has had these things replaced after the 3 year warranty got over.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks