Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2011, 09:52   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: My new preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok - 6 months up!

The car looks very good after the treatment and paints. The number is wicked.

I did not like the discs being painted red, calipers is fine BUT I guess once you brake while driving the paint is going to come off.

Please share the cost of painting / denting etc. with us and time.
Old 30th April 2011, 10:54   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hey Dot, the work done looks fantastic!
the red calipers look superb, but wish that they didn't paint the whole disc.
and that's a nice punch line you have now. LOL!
the work done seems to be on a professional level, and the painting of the armrest switch area looks good. good to know Honda uses ABS, speaks a lot for their quality.
look forward to meeting up soon, to see Scorponok in person.
Drive Safe!
Old 30th April 2011, 11:56   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Materials Man in his element!

I love the look. Somehow the redness of the rest of the disc looks less in the final pics- did they take some of it off? I agree that red calipers alone look wicked.

Have been planning to get the dents and bruises off my Swift for ages now. A friend has borrowed it for a while and has offered to clean her up as consideration. Let's see how that goes!
Old 30th April 2011, 12:41   #64
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I did not like the discs being painted red, calipers is fine BUT I guess once you brake while driving the paint is going to come off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
the red calipers look superb, but wish that they didn't paint the whole disc.
and that's a nice punch line you have now. LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I love the look. Somehow the redness of the rest of the disc looks less in the final pics- did they take some of it off? I agree that red calipers alone look wicked.
@vkochar, @mdsaab and @noopster,
Thanks.
The paint has come off the disk as soon as Scorponok ran for a few kilometers. Infact today I cant even see it. The rim of the disk has a red color along with the calipers.

@mdsaab, special thanks for the moral support to post the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Please share the cost of painting / denting etc. with us and time.
They had asked 3.5 for the painting. Then we added polish, calipers, power window casings.. At the end I paid more than what they asked for. It took three days of their time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Have been planning to get the dents and bruises off my Swift for ages now. A friend has borrowed it for a while and has offered to clean her up as consideration. Let's see how that goes!
Get it done soon, you will like the feeling when the Swift comes back all fresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
About the name I trust it is after the Transformer business and not because some Scorpio gave your wheeled beauty some knocks !

As usual, the best for the last. These lines made my day (so far).

Yeah it is coming from Transformers, my son gave the name. Whenever he takes a ride he will request/demand for "Scorponok, baba I want Scorponok".

We always listen to Scorponok and other Transformers themes in Scorponok whenever he is taking a ride. I have already posted the theme in the "Music you listen to while driving" thread.

However he still likes the Ikon, which is gone. Many times he will ask for "Baba's car Ford Ikon..I want". Yesterday when we came back I asked him to check out the painted car. He replied, "You got baba's car? Ford Ikon?"
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2011, 10:35   #65
Senior - BHPian

Super work there Abhijit!!!
Congrats on 6 months of ownership. TBH, I was aghast when I saw the disks painted red, did it not affect the braking?

Apologies for not calling you yesterday, came in quite late. My whole body is creaking due to my goan holiday.
Old 1st May 2011, 10:54   #66
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Dot, the car looks pristine. Although I have always been a bit skeptical about painting a part of panel, the work done here seems to be of high quality.

Also, it was stupid of the guy to have painted complete discs but it hardly makes a difference, a couple of brakes make all that wipe out. The car looks much more meaner .

Lastly, around 4 K for the work done seems to be a VFM.
Old 1st May 2011, 11:12   #67
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Super work there Abhijit!!!
Congrats on 6 months of ownership. TBH, I was aghast when I saw the disks painted red, did it not affect the braking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Congrats Dot, the car looks pristine.

Also, it was stupid of the guy to have painted complete discs but it hardly makes a difference, a couple of brakes make all that wipe out. The car looks much more meaner .
Thanks @Hiren and @gaurav. As Gaurav said, a couple of kilometers of driving peeled off all the paint, so no issues. I will post some additional pictures soon as some more changes has happened yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Apologies for not calling you yesterday, came in quite late. My whole body is creaking due to my goan holiday.
Creaking due to all the right reasons I am sure!!
Old 1st May 2011, 12:27   #68
Senior - BHPian

Many thanks for the special thanks
Glad that the disc paint has been braked off.
i wish we could have met up yesterday, but hopefully soon. would love to see scorponok in person.

OT : I picked up the auto repair book from my parents yesterday, will bring it along when we meet next.
Old 2nd May 2011, 13:09   #69
Senior - BHPian

@dot,
Your car is looking NEW.
You have almost carried out the same works which I got for my car sometime back.

I have the same colour pattern which you have got done.
Let me share the cost.
All these works were carried out at a trusted Painter in my Hometown, Chikmagalur.
The colour matching is excellent.
Front + rear bumper + rear left door repainted with door handles (dog bite scratch marks) - 5000 Rs inclusive of Black paint for a part of the rear bumper .
Door Power windows panel handles painted with Metallic silver with lacquer - 600Rs
Brake caliper painting - 350Rs (changed from yellow to Red so 350*2 =700rs) including removal of tyres + refitting them.
As of now I don't have the pic of car after the calipers were painted red.
Yep, here too he had painted my whole brakes system with yellow , same as that of your's.
My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-dsc_1289.jpg

Bumper before painting.
My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-dscn3944.jpg

Check out the colour difference. Believe it, this work was carried out @ Dakshin Honda for an astronomical sum(Rear door paint+ rear bumper paint). What a pathethic colour matching done by A.S.S @ Dakshin.
The red arrows marked are for the panel which was painted black while repainting.

After the paint Job.
My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-dsc_1317.jpg
Check out the colour matching done @ Local painter. Fantastic finish.

Front bumper
My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-dsc_1261.jpg

Rear left door after painting.
My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-dsc_1282.jpg

Watch out for rear bumper lower panel painted with black.

All the work has been done very professionally. I'm very much happy with his work.

Last edited by sushrutha : 2nd May 2011 at 13:34.
sushrutha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2011, 18:57   #70
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
You have almost carried out the same works which I got for my car sometime back.
Your car was in my mind all the time. Maybe due the same color!

Quote:
Watch out for rear bumper lower panel painted with black.

All the work has been done very professionally. I'm very much happy with his work.
Yes, the local painter's work is very good, very professional.

Coming to Dakshin Honda's paint job; the shade difference between the bumber and trunk lid/rear fender is perceptable from the picture. It is not a surprise that they were expensive, but one would have expected professional execution.
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:42   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Believe it, this work was carried out @ Dakshin Honda for an astronomical sum(Rear door paint+ rear bumper paint).
I was taken aback too. The dealer here quoted 7K+ for painting each bumper !!! I wish I could locate a good local paint garage. Will need to get the bumpers painted at some point of time.

@dot, those red calipers look great ! Gives me ideas !
shuvc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2011, 09:57   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I was taken aback too. The dealer here quoted 7K+ for painting each bumper !!! I wish I could locate a good local paint garage. Will need to get the bumpers painted at some point of time.
At a local car detailing shop here I was told that bumpers are a tricky job because they're not metal. The regular way of using an abrasive pad to get rid of shallow scratches and scuffs apparently doesn't work as well as it does on metal surfaces (fenders, doors etc.).

I think it's OK if you're just going to get a layer/coat of paint or two over them but if it involves some scratch removal then it's a more involved job.

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2011, 15:33   #73
BHPian

The Scorponok looks awesome!
I too want to paint my car's brake callipers as red.
Could you please share me the details of the place you did it?

I'm familiar to the area of the pictures taken. I usually come to Zaffran and Aqua. Plus my friend (owns an azure grey swift) works at IBM
Old 3rd May 2011, 19:12   #74
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wish I could locate a good local paint garage. Will need to get the bumpers painted at some point of time.
I used to know a couple of good ones in Gorpar area. Dont know if they are still in business. Is it too far away from your place?

Quote:
@dot, those red calipers look great ! Gives me ideas !
Hope those ideas materialize, would look gorgeous on your white Civic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
At a local car detailing shop here I was told that bumpers are a tricky job because they're not metal. The regular way of using an abrasive pad to get rid of shallow scratches and scuffs apparently doesn't work as well as it does on metal surfaces (fenders, doors etc.).
What I witnessed, painting a metal part and the plastic bumper didnt appear too different. Maybe I am layman on this aspects!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
The Scorponok looks awesome!
I too want to paint my car's brake callipers as red.
Could you please share me the details of the place you did it?
Thanks! Sending a PM soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
I'm familiar to the area of the pictures taken. I usually come to Zaffran and Aqua. Plus my friend (owns an azure grey swift) works at IBM
Please let me know when are you coming next. Might be a good photo op for BM and Scorp
Old 3rd May 2011, 21:10   #75
Senior - BHPian

So, finally the 'naamkaran sanskaar' is done! Good job, dot and I like the name.

Scorponok looks beautiful after the refurbishing! So do her red brake calipers. The color matching is bang on! Matching has always been a pain for me since my car's color is so bloody difficult to match!

Guess you didn't see the quote I wrote to you about 'Silver alloys + Yellow calipers' in my thread! Never the less, red looks pretty nice. The price you paid seems quite reasonable too!

- The pics are great!

One question - After coming off, isn't the extra paint from the disks going to stuck inside the brake pads?

@ sushrutha: your Civic looks superb!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks