Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2011, 00:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: AC solenoid noise once in a while when idling

OK!

what you have to check is the leak on the valve that operates the lever. Something like this. this one is from maruti, i dunno if Indica uses the same, have to check that.

My Certified Pre-owned Indica DLX Turbo Silver-p1060990-medium.jpg
Old 6th January 2011, 10:58   #17
mgh
BHPian

Re: AC solenoid noise once in a while when idling

it is similar
will check and report back
thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 11:32   #18
mgh
BHPian

Re: My Certified Pre-owned Indica DLX Turbo Silver

Sorry for the long delay in updating.

Prerana OMR, I was told had a new manager good with engines, by manager of another Prerana workshop.
Took it there. After setting of the engine by the new manager, was told that a little bit of problem on the AC solenoid may still be there, if so to bring it in. The AC solenoid problem had been mitigated, in the sense that it would be there for a few seconds and go off by itself. There was no need to switch the compressor off to stop the noise.
Unfortunately, a little after that my driver, who had been with us for three years left, and I had some medical problems, preventing me from driving. Was using drivers from Ezidrive.
However, starting problems had vanished. Finally, I got a new driver about three months back. Service was due, took it to Prerana OMR, found that the specific manager had left. Told them about slight hunting in idling speed, which had developed. They did not solve it.
Last Saturday, the car was not starting in the morning, we discovered that battery had blown out on one side. The electrician who came with the new battery, checked the charging and found the battery was being over-charged. The alternator was attended. In the whole process, the battery was not available for a long time. In the process, the ECU was reset, when pressing the accelerator, the response pattern had changed. Also, the hunting in idling speed had vanished, whether the AC solenoid chatter had vanished or not is difficult to say, but it was not there with the AC on on a fairly long drive. Till then for more than a year and half, there had been no starting problems.
The next morning, very long cranking was required to start the engine, unlike earlier, when it started almost as soon as the key was cranked ( 10 secs waiting for glowplugs to do their work). Next day, after the glowplugs were operated thrice, it started. The car was idle for about five hours in the afternoon. Engine was still warm enough, as the glow plug lamp went off immediately, but long cranking was required.
With that manager not there, my experience with Prerana OMR, as mentioned earlier, was not all that good as far as the engine starting was concerned (pl see my earlier posts). On the advice of the neighbour's driver who said that there was a workshop in Domlur, which was good. They changed the glow plugs and the controller, which has not helped (also diesel filter based on my previous experience,old one was clean).
Basically, it is not starting after being parked for a length of time.
They have said that they will come tomorrow morning to check before starting.
Let us see. If they can't sort it out, will have no option but to take it to Prerana OMR.

Last edited by mgh : 27th February 2012 at 11:41.
Old 3rd March 2012, 18:53   #19
mgh
BHPian

They came next morning, checked, and said that the diesel filter assembly was sucking air, causing diesel to drain back to the tank.
The assembly was changed, and no starting problems after that. Mentioned my ac solenoid problem to the mechanic. He increased the difference between idling speeds with and without ac on. Haven't heard the ac solenoid noise so far; keeping my fingers crossed. It has been four days.
Old 7th April 2014, 18:34   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh View Post
They came next morning, checked, and said that the diesel filter assembly was sucking air, causing diesel to drain back to the tank.
The assembly was changed, and no starting problems after that. Mentioned my ac solenoid problem to the mechanic. He increased the difference between idling speeds with and without ac on. Haven't heard the ac solenoid noise so far; keeping my fingers crossed. It has been four days.
Quite an old thread, but I am facing the very same issue with an Indica Turbo (TCIC).
When the temperature crosses a tad after the mid mark, and when the car is stationary or moving slowly, the AC condenser relays (one underneath the dash in the fuse box and another one in the engine bay ) keeps chattering away to glory (around 1100-1200 rpm). ECM scan done-no error codes, new temperature switch, no over charging - still replaced the alternator regulator. Cleaned the condenser thoroughly, checked the pressure valve as well..This issue has been driving me mad these days. Played around with the idling rpm but nothing seem to help.

The ECM and the potentiometer are the suspects as of now.
Any Indica owners faced this issue? Yeah, the battery is brand new as well!
These TATA electricals :-(
Old 7th April 2014, 21:33   #21
BHPian

Dear jeeva I also faced similar problem and found out that it was due to faulty thermostat.
My 2002 model indica has mechanical thermostat, the one with a long aluminium wire inserted in the evaporator coil located beneath the dashboard.
BLACK1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks