Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2006, 18:31   #1
BHPian

10000 KM report on the Suzuki Swift - updated to 20000km

Hi,My car is just about due for its third free service at 10k KM reading. Here is my feedback on the Swift.

About my SWIFT--------------
Color - Black

Mod's done - 15" Alloys, Goodyear F1 Eagle 205/60/R15, Allen Key nuts..

Timeframe to reach 10k km - 6 months

FE - 11kmpl city driving with or without a/c - 13kmpl highway driving with a/c on 100%
Top speed managed - 145 kmph with full load of 5 in the car tipping at excess of 450 kg's in total. Not sure if I can do more due to the oversized tires

Top Speed on each gear - 1st(45kmph), 2nd (100kmph), 3rd (120kmph), 4th,5th(145kmph) as shown in the Speedo
Fuel - "always" Shell V Super 91 Octane, except for a couple a times when I was on the highway

Music system - Alpine Mp3 HU, Focal 6.5" components in the front, Kicker 6.5" co-axials on the rear door, Soundstream Amp and Subwoofer

Others gadgets - Parking sensor with Video cam (night view), display integrated with the center RVM, parking a dream anyplace, anytime...

Mod's planned - K&N filter stock filter, not available for the Swift yet as on Date so I heard, please do correct me if I am wrong. Am definitely not looking at the Universal filter option

Problems faced till date -
Minor--------------------------------1. Front door lock replacement as it tends to get damaged if pulled at hard- mine was the first case reported at Mandovi motors Bangalore, heard quite a few similar cases already. Replaced at no cost

2. Replaced Right RVM, happend when I went to close to comfort to a truck and managed to get it to kiss my RVM, the outer shell just flew out and landed way ahead on the road couldnt manage to retrieve it, if I did manage to do that it would've saved me Rs. 1300 I had to shell out for a new one.

Major - am a worried man on this one need help from fellow BHPians-----
1. Trouble with the tires touching the Wheel arches in the rear when the car is fully laden, due to the oversized tires I have on :(. Took this up with Mandovi, this was the first time they had seen this happen, so much for their tall claims of Rally ready shocks et all, tad disappointed with this. Engineer told offset has been adjusted to dont know what. Got to know from fellow Bhpians the reason for this is the oversized tires, still unable to find a proper solution to get rid of this. Do not want to replace my existing tires to say 195's. The Shocks get depressed to close to the tires when 3 people are seated in the rear, I have a feeling I need a replacement of the shocks.. Looking forward to get some inputs from bhpians on this one (posted in the Tyres& Alloys section)..

Dents/Scratches---------------Have some scratches on both the bumpers thanks to Bangalore traffic and tight parking, one gash on the right rear door from a biker who got the goods from me, he will never get too close to any car ever again

Power/ride/handling-------------------Extremely good to rev, probably could do 0-100 in around 12 seconds, lacks low end torque which translates to 2nd gear in busy traffic, not so refined engine, translates to using the clutch more than often. Lack of ability to get to the claimed top speed of 160
+ kmph (due to tires I feel). 1.6/1.5L engine is a must have, hopefully will get to see it

Handling is a dream, Swift rocks u can take curves at speeds u wouldnt imagine. for Ex; I can manage the intermediate ring road curve at a max of 70 to 80 kmph in a Santro with a lot of body roll. Swift I have taken the curve at 120+ without as much touching the breaks. Swift is a dream if u wanna have fun (be very careful the power steering is extremely sensitive at high speeds in both the cars).

Santro is easily manouverable in traffic if u want to zip thru, Swift if a big car and needs practice to achieve the same kinda zipping in traffic, I am very comfy with that now not that I do it often. Swift shocks are noisy but very good and rear passengers dont feel the thump like u feel in say other small cars where you could get literally thrown about in the rear seat unlike the same in Swift u dont feel the bumps though rear shocks are a tad noisy.

Problems I faced highlighted as aboveInteriors/comfort (I am 6 1")-----------------------------
Everything is easily accessible and visible, the door ajar and seat belt warnings are definitely useful, good sight of the road, a tad low on the rear visibility with the central RVM. Steering is not finicky at low speeds as well as high speeds as claimed by mag's probably due to my bigger tires. Digital Odo is a value add surely. Fuel gauges again cannot be trusted but u get the knack of knowing when to refill by experience with the car. No problems as on date with any electrical gadgets etc.

Swift is way ahead in seating comfort both in the front (exceptionally roomy) and at the rear and can seat 3 comfortably unlike other small cars. Seat cushioning is impeccable in Swift and Under thigh support is better in Swift both in the front and rear and rear can seat two big sized guys and one smaller sized guy easily. Rear power window switches are not easily accessible. Boot space is adequate I feel for short travel < 1000km < a week of outstation stay translates to small bags or suitcases.

Lights adequate but can be improved - need suggestions on this. Fog lamps are too cool and look amazin and has a great presence on the road when switched on. Definitely an eye turner, have lotsa people checking out my car on the road at all timesASS -

Mandovi-------------Very Good personalized attention given to all problems mentioned above, not happy with their feedback shocker problem, well couldnt ask for more as I guess I have lost my warranty on the shocks due to the mod I have done. Good

Nevertheless.Overall a great car to own and fun to drive in the city as well as on the Highways

Last edited by Rtech : 17th January 2006 at 09:58.
Old 16th January 2006, 18:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

That was a nice .. content wise .. but very difficult to read.
It would be great if you could format it. Para's, headings etc.
Old 17th January 2006, 09:27   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

While we appreciate the effort in sharing your review with us, the format you have used is an eyesore. Please write your content in a clear and concise manner and email it to rush@team-bhp.com

The original post will be edited when your new content is received.

This Topic is closed.

GTO
Old 17th January 2006, 10:56   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Topic re-opened. Thanks to the pro-activeness of Rtech in editing anarchist's review.

GTO
Old 17th January 2006, 11:31   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
While we appreciate the effort in sharing your review with us, the format you have used is an eyesore. Please write your content in a clear and concise manner and email it to rush@team-bhp.com

The original post will be edited when your new content is received.

This Topic is closed.

GTO
GTO I had formatted my post and sent it the above ID, guess Rtech edited it proactively, thank you..
Old 17th January 2006, 11:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nice review, Could u post some pics of your car. My black Swift is also due for 3rd service (crossed 10k). Decrease in mileage might be becasue of your driving style and upgraded tyre. I guess it should give solid 11+ with 100% ac on within city drives (if driven properly without rev). I too faced problem with my rear door locks which was replaced at free of cost & even my RMV got broken once on kissing the side of a speeding van.

I faced rattling issues which was completely arrested now. Freshner gives me lot of trouble (noises in all the adjusted position). Once driven at 130kmph (though iam not on the wheels) & lot of room for increasing it, but kept 130 constant.

I had seen in our forum a guy clicked doing 160kmph in his Swift
Old 17th January 2006, 11:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

if u read this months OD ,u will see that their long term swift also has tires of teh same size as yours and they dont have any problems ...i think the problem is in your rims which may be a bit wide than required ...have pmed u also ...so better check that
Old 17th January 2006, 12:18   #8
Team-BHP Support

I think SS is right. Your offset for the alloys may be wrong. You say Engineer adjusted the offset, how can you change the offset of a given rim?
Old 17th January 2006, 12:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

Nice review there. Looks like ur enjoyin every sec of the car. Swift is a real nice car if ur a riceboy. Pick n stuff are good, plus u also get ABD and airbags. I think its also got a pretty high safety rating too.
Old 17th January 2006, 12:31   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Nice review there. Looks like ur enjoyin every sec of the car. Swift is a real nice car if ur a riceboy. Pick n stuff are good, plus u also get ABD and airbags. I think its also got a pretty high safety rating too.
If he was a riceboy... Why do you say so?
I don't think anarchist is aware of that term.
Old 17th January 2006, 12:38   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
If he was a riceboy... .

even i am not aware of that word...can you please explain???????
Old 17th January 2006, 12:43   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
go thru this - http://ricestreet.ricecop.com/riceexplained01.html
Although I still don't understand why driving a decently built and safe care makes him a riceboy!
Old 17th January 2006, 12:44   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
Nice review, Could u post some pics of your car. My black Swift is also due for 3rd service (crossed 10k). Decrease in mileage might be becasue of your driving style and upgraded tyre. I guess it should give solid 11+ with 100% ac on within city drives (if driven properly without rev). I too faced problem with my rear door locks which was replaced at free of cost & even my RMV got broken once on kissing the side of a speeding van.

I faced rattling issues which was completely arrested now. Freshner gives me lot of trouble (noises in all the adjusted position). Once driven at 130kmph (though iam not on the wheels) & lot of room for increasing it, but kept 130 constant.

I had seen in our forum a guy clicked doing 160kmph in his Swift
Yep I have seen that too, probably with lesser load that is one or two people in the car can help achieve that,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...i-swift-2.html

I have already posted my snaps in the above link
Old 17th January 2006, 12:46   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Riceboy = boy racers in Japanese cars with loud exhausts.

GTO
Old 17th January 2006, 23:50   #15
BHPian

Mod's planned - K&N filter stock filter, not available for the Swift yet as on Date so I heard, please do correct me if I am wrong. Am definitely not looking at the Universal filter option

Just curious, as to why you do not plan to go for the Universal Kit??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks