Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2011, 14:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "Charming" Daewoo Matiz

Pavan and Lancer..many thanks for sharing the Matiz experiance.Today i was out in the market and I was surprised to see that every part of Matiz is available at reasonalbe cost.It was an heartfelt relief.I purchased left OVRM,Momograms.
I didnt know about the AC gas issue.I will check with my mechanic and find a solution.AC is a must in Hyderabad now.
Btw were the Matiz Stock wheel rims were 12" or 13"?
Old 22nd April 2011, 14:48   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Btw were the Matiz Stock wheel rims were 12" or 13"?
The Matiz stock wheels are 13 inchers. Stock tyres" 145/70 R13.
Old 22nd April 2011, 18:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
not as Matiz goes for literally junk value these days as most of them have engine problems, I wish you got a good one. Sorry if I am being pessimistic, but I have 2 friends who burnt their fingers with this car.
Shouldn't the parts be interchangeable with the M800/Alto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
@pavankadam, to my knowlegde its the other way round. Daewoo licensed the 800cc engine from Suzuki, and they greatly enhanced/tuned it. We had a 1986 "new-style" 800 for 15+ years, and I can say the refinement in the Daewoo engine at idle (and while running) was way superior to the Suzuki!
Yes, you're right. Daewoo built the engine under license for their model called 'Daewoo Tico'
Old 22nd April 2011, 22:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hillram, the colour that you have got is called "venice grey". Keep it in same shade. It was a fantastic colour. Or how about going for a "golf green" shade? or some out of these?
Attached Images

Last edited by sidindica : 22nd April 2011 at 22:55.
sidindica is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2011, 23:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Hillram, the colour that you have got is called "venice grey". Keep it in same shade. It was a fantastic colour. Or how about going for a "golf green" shade? or some out of these?
Indeed Sid..Im going for a "Sea Foam Green" as its a subtle colour and will suit my wife's taste.
Old 22nd April 2011, 23:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
R Im now scanning through the shade cards to look for a nice feminie colour as it will be driven by my wife.Suggestions are welcome and watch this space for updates..a bit patiently !!!
My humble submission is please don't change the colour or do a paint job because it looks pristine and is likely to remain so for long thereby the originality can be retained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Actually the Matiz was supposed to be our Dream First car, but somehow could not afford one, so M-800 came along which uses the Daewoo engine block (Cant believe, M-800 engine is Originally a Daewoo)
Or is it the other way round? In my opinion the Matiz 800cc engines are derived from Suzuki. Matiz was built only from 1998 onwards by Daewoo

Last edited by rajeev k : 22nd April 2011 at 23:34.
Old 22nd April 2011, 23:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Indeed Sid..Im going for a "Sea Foam Green" as its a subtle colour and will suit my wife's taste.
like rajeev_k, I suggest not to change the color. You have to then get it endorsed in the RC book (as per law), and if not, you may face hassles with police or incase of insurance claim etc.
Besides, from the pictures, it looks pretty clean. Just get a few of the surfaces repainted. Why do a full paint ?

@rajeev_k, you're right. I and mpower have already posted so...
Old 22nd April 2011, 23:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
like rajeev_k, I suggest not to change the color. You have to then get it endorsed in the RC book (as per law), and if not, you may face hassles with police or incase of insurance claim etc.
Besides, from the pictures, it looks pretty clean. Just get a few of the surfaces repainted. Why do a full paint ?

@rajeev_k, you're right. I and mpower have already posted so...
Let me clear the misconception..This car has quite few dents,nicks and few rust patches which need to be fixed.Bumpers are scratched too.Since the photos were taken from my cell phone,they dont show all these abberations clearly.Apologies if you all got mislead.
The original paint endorsed in the RC is Fern green and Im doing a slight change to Sea Form Green..the shades are very similar.You will see once the paint job is done.
Also Im used to restoring my automobiles to a very pristine level both externally,Internally,mechanically and esthetically.I cant compromise in paint jobs.Hope you understand my feelings.
Changing the colour in RC is no big deal,as I have done for most of my automobiles...15 to be precise.

Last edited by hillram : 23rd April 2011 at 00:02.
Old 24th April 2011, 01:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I don't think so. Especially the crucial engine parts, NO. If that was the case, there would be a lot more matizes on the road today chugging along merrily.

Quote:
Please, please do not spend money on this car except for the usual regular maintenance. Keep it as it is, if there is tinkering to be done, finish that and repaint only those parts, do not get carried away and splurge.
Old 24th April 2011, 03:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Please, please do not spend money on this car except for the usual regular maintenance. Keep it as it is, if there is tinkering to be done, finish that and repaint only those parts, do not get carried away and splurge.
My restorations are very economical and i keep an eye on the budget very closely.Dont worry !!!
Old 24th April 2011, 08:57   #26
BHPian

Congrats on the acquisition!! Matiz is definitely one of cutest cars in India.

I also scanned quite a few of them 4-5 months ago, when we were hunting for a used car for my wife. But couldn't find a decent one.

What surprised me the most in Matiz is its interior SPACE. Probably more spacious than some of current gen hatchbacks.
Old 24th April 2011, 21:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let me clear the misconception..This car has quite few dents,nicks and few rust patches which need to be fixed.Bumpers are scratched too.Since the photos were taken from my cell phone,they dont show all these abberations clearly.Apologies if you all got mislead.
The original paint endorsed in the RC is Fern green and Im doing a slight change to Sea Form Green..the shades are very similar.You will see once the paint job is done.
Also Im used to restoring my automobiles to a very pristine level both externally,Internally,mechanically and esthetically.I cant compromise in paint jobs.Hope you understand my feelings.
Changing the colour in RC is no big deal,as I have done for most of my automobiles...15 to be precise.
@hillram, sure its you call. Wanted to mention the RC endorsement requirement just in case you are unaware of it, though tbhp as well does a good job informing folks out there :-)
For the full-painting, sure if that's what you wish. I got my Lancer repainted fully after 5 years, so I understand the feeling !
Old 24th April 2011, 22:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

Friends..The fuel guage in my Matiz isnt working.Does this call for the float to be replaced in the fuel tank or the problem is different? please throw somelight.
Old 24th April 2011, 23:15   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends..The fuel guage in my Matiz isnt working.Does this call for the float to be replaced in the fuel tank or the problem is different? please throw somelight.
Could be the float or even the gauge, check that with your mechanic.
Old 25th April 2011, 12:49   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Yes, it could be, but with that of the Zen. Some of the suspension parts including the lower arm is the same as in the Zen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks