Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2011, 09:35   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: M&M Scorpio: BOSS is BOSS!

Surya, good thing you bought the MHawk before they brought it out with that horrible new grille. I wasnt sure how the new headlamps would look with the older grille, but thanks for the pics of this on your ride.

Please keep updating the thread regularly.
Old 25th April 2011, 11:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Surya, good thing you bought the MHawk before they brought it out with that horrible new grille. I wasnt sure how the new headlamps would look with the older grille, but thanks for the pics of this on your ride.

Please keep updating the thread regularly.
Hi Benbsb, Thank you for your notes. I too do not like that Walrus inspired front tooth on new Scorpios.

I will keep this thread updated hereafter.
Old 25th April 2011, 14:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
I have never kept a car beyond 40K KM so far. BOSS is BOSS!
Was reading through your first post a second time when suddenly this caught my attention.
If you don't mind, can you share the rationale behind it ? I hope this Boss stays with you for a long time.
Old 25th April 2011, 16:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was reading through your first post a second time when suddenly this caught my attention.
If you don't mind, can you share the rationale behind it ? I hope this Boss stays with you for a long time.
Hi Fordmanchau, my novelty for the product generally wears off by the time the car has run 40k KM. So, I go for a new one which generally times to 3-4 years on a single car ownership or 6-7 years on a two car ownership.

The BOSS is going to stay with me for atleast another 2-3 years and is currently 3 years young!
Old 26th April 2011, 09:59   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I face the same problem - one evolves as a consumer quite quickly and starts finding issues (real or imagined) with one's vehicle(s) after the vehicle (s) hit the 3 year and/ or 40K Kms mark.
This time I am sitting tight - there's an uncontrollable urge to leap out and change the vehicle but it simply does not make economic sense as of now.

Quote:
my novelty for the product generally wears off by the time the car has run 40k KM. So, I go for a new one which generally times to 3-4 years on a single car ownership or 6-7 years on a two car ownership.

The BOSS is going to stay with me for atleast another 2-3 years and is currently 3 years young!
Old 26th April 2011, 13:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
simply does not make economic sense
Hi Shankar, you are correct! Hence reining the urge this end too
Old 26th April 2011, 15:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Fordmanchau, my novelty for the product generally wears off by the time the car has run 40k KM. So, I go for a new one which generally times to 3-4 years on a single car ownership or 6-7 years on a two car ownership.
Okay, I relate to it now. It's the same way I am getting the urge to get a new Fiesta although my Ikon is only 2 years old. I understand now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
there's an uncontrollable urge to leap out and change the vehicle but it simply does not make economic sense as of now.
Yes, that was why I asked the question as it doesn't make any economic sense however much your heart tugs you to get a new one.
Old 11th July 2011, 12:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

Re: M&M Scorpio: BOSS is BOSS! 50000 KM completed

Hi,

My Scorpio(BOSS) has completed running 50000km. This saturday was its turn to attend the 50K km servicing schedule.
The car promptly arrives at 9am for the pre-scheduled appointment and is brisked in to the bay for the following tasks:
1. Engine flushing
2. Engine oil change
3. Oil filter replaced
4. Hub greasing
5. General check up for other parameters
6. Evaporator coil replacement under warranty(due to foul smell from blower)

Net expense: 7000/-

The A.S.C is always a dream for me. Me and my car are taken care as a family and that keeps me happy for sure.
Old 13th July 2011, 17:48   #24
BANNED

What FE figures are you getting off BOSS and under what conditions and speeds? Hariya is 47k old now but I feel the FE has taken dip, since the past 1000kms for some reason I m not able to fathom.
Old 14th July 2011, 19:09   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Getsurya, I could not understand the "finicky" customer thing.
All the defects you have mentioned are defects, and not a result of your finickiness, and need to be fixed by MFR
===================
Guess, those wanting a truly reliable vehicle need to look at the 20L offerings in the SUV space, and thats a very sad thing for the Indian buyer
well - i guess this is part of the exp . I have been a Scorpio user since 2005. Had a 2.6 Crde which i exchanged with a m-Hawk last year Oct. I must say that i dont have complaints with quality - though my old CRDe did have a thing about front suspension (had to get the X bars changed due to noise, after multiple "tweaks". Under warranty though). Still i am more than happy with my ride and it does give you a BANG for your BUCK.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks