Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2011, 11:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jaguar xf or BMW 520d or Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
That is interesting. Could you please give more details? I thought BSI covers consumables and warranty - why is there insurance involved for BSI covered jobs?
The BSI-R covers the service consumables and warrenty. The Secure is for dents, tyres, Tow hook cover etc. The BSI-R is still ok but the secure is useless. I had my neighbour dent my car while parking and the tow hook cover was stollen from a signal..i did send the car during my service to have these rectified and the service executive calls and says.."sir we would have to claim insurance for this and it would spoil your record..so when something major happens we can rectify this as well". I told him him did he want me to knock my car into a wall..so that i can fix a dent and get a tow hook cover. The Mentality is still the same claim insurance and do the job. I dont really get how these guys function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
I think maintenance package will soon become a must have feature in all high end cars...

Since we love the looks of the current model, with 8L discount, I think we should go for it...
I look at it as a boon and a curse...we did buy cars when these packages were not available too..

If you love the looks and also your color preferance is white, then dont waste time and bargain hard, i dont think many cars would be left in stock. I am sure with hard bargaining you could get a Rs 10 Lakh off too. I wanted the new shape as we already own a car from the old shape, otherwise i would have taken it for sure. Exclusive, classy, excellent ride and build quality.
Old 27th October 2011, 20:24   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The BSI-R covers the service consumables and warrenty. The Secure is for dents, tyres, Tow hook cover etc. The BSI-R is still ok but the secure is useless. I had my neighbour dent my car while parking and the tow hook cover was stollen from a signal..i did send the car during my service to have these rectified and the service executive calls and says.."sir we would have to claim insurance for this and it would spoil your record..so when something major happens we can rectify this as well". I told him him did he want me to knock my car into a wall..so that i can fix a dent and get a tow hook cover. The Mentality is still the same claim insurance and do the job. I dont really get how these guys function.
Thanks speedy for clarifying. This is inline with my understanding. You are right about the BMW-Secure is only useful when you knock the car into a wall :-) But it is the same across all such "bumper-to-bumper" offerings from other brands. It is the whole "to NCB or not to NCB dilemma"! But I wouldn't want to be found without BSI when I do drive a bmw into a wall!!!
Old 28th October 2011, 10:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Thanks speedy for clarifying. This is inline with my understanding. You are right about the BMW-Secure is only useful when you knock the car into a wall :-) But it is the same across all such "bumper-to-bumper" offerings from other brands. It is the whole "to NCB or not to NCB dilemma"! But I wouldn't want to be found without BSI when I do drive a bmw into a wall!!!
Androdev, as per my understanding the BSI-R package does not cover accidental damage..so if God forbid you do end up in a wall..your insurance is going to cover that. The secure package is a yearly affair if you do take it and starts almost immidiatly even though the paper work reaches you later, technically it should start from the day you get the paper in hand. This also should be kept in mind that it is not an unlimited offer for the year..So if on your run flats you have a fifth puncture / cut, your paying for the tyre..only four tyre replacements are covered for the year. I am not against the BSI-R package but the additional Secure is what i consider as a waste of money. Please also note the Secure package is valid for a year only and not a day more and also it does not get carried forward to the next year if unused, you pay again.
Old 30th October 2011, 02:54   #34
BHPian

Expect the new 2012 Jag XF 2.2d to be really well priced IMO as it shares the same engine which is plonked in the LR Freelander 2 which is now available as a CKD. They will definitely ramp up their production game in the Chakan plant in Pune to extend to accommodate the XF 2.2d productions. JLR has realized the potential in this segment after seeing 520d's success. They just need to get the pricing right and widen they're service network. XF is one hell of a looker and it definitely is more exclusive.

520d is also an amazing car, if looking for exclusivity, look elsewhere especially in a city like Mumbai. A6 2.0TDI is just a deal-breaker with the fact that its FWD and also the least powerful in the segment.

But a 10L discount on the XF-S diesel is just too mouthwatering. I'd buy it in a heartbeat even if it means it doesn't have the slightly tweaked styling and some knick-knacks here and there.
Old 26th August 2015, 19:26   #35

Hi, I am looking at buying a used car. I have seen a good A6 which has done around 56k km and seems to be in ggod shape. It is a 2006 model but the interiors I must say look must better that todays generation cars. I have heard and read that the maintenace costs would be very high. I currently drive a Laura 2009 AT and shell a bomb on it quite often. I also looked at BMW 3 series ( i know it is not a segment to compare) but just to know from you as to what would be the best option to go for. Thank you.
Old 26th August 2015, 21:59   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttle3010 View Post
Hi, I am looking at buying a used car. I have seen a good A6 which has done around 56k km and seems to be in ggod shape. It is a 2006 model but the interiors I must say look must better that todays generation cars. I have heard and read that the maintenace costs would be very high. I currently drive a Laura 2009 AT and shell a bomb on it quite often. I also looked at BMW 3 series ( i know it is not a segment to compare) but just to know from you as to what would be the best option to go for. Thank you.
From the maintenance point of view, the BMW should be cheaper to live with and definitely more fun to drive. But as you said, the A6 is a segment higher with a greater quotient of luxury.
Both are good cars so it depends on your needs.
All the best
Naman_Ferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 22:55   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep_Shri View Post
After driving a Jaguar XF from Noida to Badrinath and back I was much impressed with the ride comfort, dynamics and features. It may look low slung but surprisingly the roads (or the lack of them) between Devprayag and Srinagar and then about 10km from Badrinath posed no problem.
Please stay away from jaguar. I own a jaguar XJL and it started making squeaking noises at 45000kms ,the build quality is really poor. Also drive quality and sense of security at high speeds on highways is no where near BMW experience. BMW rules in drive feel, Maintenance, Build Quality. If you plan to keep the car for one lakh kms, no other car in the segment can give you peace of mind of BMW.

Last edited by ampere : 26th August 2015 at 23:12. Reason: Removed bulk of quoted post
Old 8th September 2015, 11:32   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttle3010 View Post

I own a quattro A4 for well over 5 years & with ZERO issues. Point is, all this talk of one brand being more reliable than the others & ruling is basically just a truckload of faf. All these cars are extremely complex machines hence you are either lucky or you arent, as simple as that. In all my time so far with the Audi not only have i not spent a single extra penny, but the service center has also been very good to me. Probably just comes down to personal experience with the brand.

As far as owning & driving is concerned, the handling in a quattro will NEVER be as dramatic as any rwd ..its not even meant to be. You just get unreal levels of grip and can throw yourself into a corner at speeds others can just imagine. Specific to the diesel's refinement, its at another level visavis BMW. Those things are plain noisy ! So visavis BMW nowhere near as dramatic , the brakes arent as good but on every other front i wouldnt trade in my Audi for ANY equivalent BMW & i say this after driving a few. Build quality, feel , stability etc are NOT an issue...AT ALL.

So dont worry too much or overthink. If the Audi in question has a transparent service history , is in sound condition and doesnt have a history of mechanical / electrical goof ups just go for it. No buy is 100% risk free but it really isnt as bad as made out to be. Good Luck!

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 8th September 2015 at 11:49.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks