Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2011, 14:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jaguar XF or Range Rover Evoque

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetkanwar View Post
What is the F.E. figure that I could expect with the Jaguar. With a equal mixture of both pushing her in open spaces and city(read safe and slow) ?
I estimate she should give around 7 or 8 atleast assuming your not hard on the throttle. I have gone on the basis of comparing it to the E280 cdi i own.
Old 9th November 2011, 14:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Between the Jag and Evoque, go with your heart. Both the cars are good and hold their own. Since you like speed, maybe you should go with the Jag.

Also, since you dont want a "common" car, why dont you look for the Volvo XC90? Also, VW Phaeton ticks all the boxes for you and I suppose there is a massive discount on the same.
Old 9th November 2011, 14:58   #18
BHPian

7-8. I could work with that. I guess I'd be able to get around 9-10 overall with a mix of highway driving. I hope she doesn't go below 7 though. That would be bad. I mean I won't push her all the time on single fill, it would be a mix of both.

Should I throw in more confusion and think about the Q7 also. I mean we are talking V6 diesels here. And I'm thinking its only 5 Lacs more than the price range I'm surfing in. Q7 would be too large for me I guess. I mean, its a vehicle to be driven in. I don't like the idea of driving around 7 empty seats. I want a car not a bus lol. But it looks So AMAZING.

Why don't they bring down the X6's price to somewhere around 55 ?
Old 9th November 2011, 16:11   #19
Team-BHP Support

Harpreet

I test drove both Evoque & 2012 ( Face lifted ) XF yesterday in Calgary ( I am currently in Canada ) , few observations

Evoque is a very small car parked next to X6 or even small LR its very low , Sound system on the mid trim was very bad . In Petrol they have only a 2 Ltr engine which was just about sufficient . You sit much lower than any other Rangi and you have a huge Pillar obstructing your view from drivers seat .

New XF - The front is absolutely a stunner , sound of 5.0 ltr V8 engine was " wow" even crisper than what we hear on Porsche with Sports Exhausts . This car runs like a jet but we had the taste of world famous reliability of JLR - Glove box of the new car will not open , sales guy was brave enough to admit few niggling problems . However in US & Canada they have started offering Maintenance packages like BMW . If you must choose one of the two you listed than you should go for XF . If you are looking for a used Q7 then you can also consider a used X6 . I may sell mine , please PM if its of your interest .
Old 9th November 2011, 17:06   #20
BHPian

50L and I still don't get good audio. I am suddenly moving away from the Evoque.
That's another criteria for me, good stock audio, I think I'm sick of changing stock audio options in my vehicles and I expect good audio. Don't know how the Pure series would fair.
Old 10th November 2011, 18:04   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

It's you who is going to buy the car. You are going to own the car. And obviously, you are going to drive the car.

Why bother about exclusivity then? Who care if there are too many copies around. Buy the best, irrespective of how many of the same car your neighbourhood has.

Between the two, I'd go for the Jaguar. It's a true luxury car, has a wonderful engine and will be infinitely more fun to drive (as most sedans are, compared to same price SUVs). The Evoque, stylish as it is, is simply too small for the money and only has a 4 cylinder engine.

I would also highly recommend a test-drive of the 530d.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 17:00   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's you who is going to buy the car. You are going to own the car. And obviously, you are going to drive the car. Why bother about exclusivity then? Who care if there are too many copies around. Buy the best, irrespective of how many of the same car your neighbourhood has. Between the two, I'd go for the Jaguar. It's a true luxury car, has a wonderful engine and will be infinitely more fun to drive (as most sedans are, compared to same price SUVs). The Evoque, stylish as it is, is simply too small for the money and only has a 4 cylinder engine. I would also highly recommend a test-drive of the 530d.
A post by GTO himself Thanks. Well you put it quite well and simple there I must say. And I agree on your comments about the Evoque. No wonder it is pitted against the X1, I don't feel its worth the money at all.
And about exclusivity, lets just say I would very much like the extra attention, a half crore car could give me above the usual BMW/Merc owners. And while most people would disagree, I genuinely feel the car offers a very fresh visual treat, besides an impressive engine, above the usual German Pedigree. It's the first thing anyone notices outside the car, the looks, the German cars are very common to the layman's eye.

And isn't exclusiveness a reason why people buy expensive vehicles anyway ? I don't think we are all born car lovers. There are many who still consider it to be status symbol, and therefore I wish my symbol be different, if not unique.
But to be still fair to my purchase and your genuine comment, I would still try out the Bimmer 530d as well.
harpreetkanwar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 17:02   #23
BHPian

So exclusivity in terms of looks alone. Nothing more.
Old 11th November 2011, 19:32   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

My vote goes for Jag XF. Evoque is overpriced in India and the 4 cylinder engines sound weak for a SUV of such high price. Here is my drive report on Jag XF Diesel: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2212201
Old 12th November 2011, 07:12   #25
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

what does one buy a vehicle for? Personal enjoyment or as a show piece to the world?

Its different strokes for different folks.

Answer this honestly to yourself and the choice of vehicle will be absolutely clear to you.

Personally I would love to be in your dilemma! I love the Jag as I do most Brit DNA sports cars and equally the Rangie as I do most Brit DNA SUV's.
Old 12th November 2011, 17:25   #26
BHPian

agreed @shankar.balan ..... i enjoy speed and the love the Cat's faces all around the car... the inside also speaks to me since you wait for the car to come alive with the popping dial and opening vents ... for those and many more reasons the Jag it is .... and i'm already in love with the 2012 Jag XF .... its appealed to me much more than the Germans ... probably cause I was in London 2-3 years of my life growing up .lol... I guess only thing that's left i that I just DONT TAULK LIKE THAT...
(imitating brit accent)
Old 12th November 2011, 18:08   #27
BHPian

I believe the Jag makes much more sense.

However it all depends on what kind of cars you like to drive. You could even consider the entry level Q7. The 3.0 is a great engine

Regards
Old 12th November 2011, 18:33   #28
BHPian

Yeah I didn't realize up until I started posting that the Q7 in my price range. Will give it a TD also. Although I'm sure Speed and SUV don't go together. And I hate body roll too. It's a raised limousine though, the sheer size might impress me more.
Old 13th November 2011, 13:50   #29
BHPian

Okay now obviously since I clearly titled my post as a comparison between a range rover evoque and a jaguar xf, and i made it clear in the first post itself that I did not want the usual german car,, I did not really get any suggestions for the new Audi A6. Somehow, the interiors of the car, read the MMI, the bang and olfusen sound system, the touch dial, etc.. Where can I get the exhaustive list of components in the new Audi A6 and perhaps a full review ? No review by T-BHP yet right ?
Old 29th February 2012, 01:58   #30
BHPian

Maybe I shouldn't be posting this here, but nonetheless I can't help but share, I booked a 2012 Jaguar XF. Arriving shortly. See you all in the I booked my car and shortly afterwards in the Initial Impressions section of T-BHP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks