Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2011, 13:09   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which Car to buy For 1 Crore Budget ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
How much is the GT-R exactly? The UK price is GBP 70,000 but that's including VAT of 20%. Remove the on-road tax component, add 100 odd % import duty and local taxes, it should be in the ballpark of 1 crore, right?
I am talking on the figures i have seen for the Egoist which on road Mumbai would hit the 2cr plus bracket. I cannot give you the exact figure on the open forum for this car. If you do look at the normal R35's they too on road Mumbai would be in the 1.5 bracket. The Second hand 07/08 GTR of Bombay after changing a few hands was being quoted at around Rs 85 Lakhs. I was also informed the Nissan will not be taking bookings for the GTR's.
Old 15th November 2011, 15:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How much is the GT-R exactly? The UK price is GBP 70,000 but that's including VAT of 20%. Remove the on-road tax component, add 100 odd % import duty and local taxes, it should be in the ballpark of 1 crore, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I am talking on the figures i have seen for the Egoist which on road Mumbai would hit the 2cr plus bracket. I cannot give you the exact figure on the open forum for this car. If you do look at the normal R35's they too on road Mumbai would be in the 1.5 bracket. The Second hand 07/08 GTR of Bombay after changing a few hands was being quoted at around Rs 85 Lakhs. I was also informed the Nissan will not be taking bookings for the GTR's.

The GTRs imported in the country in 2008 didnt exceed 1 Cr OTR. Please refer the below link for detailed calculation which was confirmed by Fireblader too who actually had imported the first R35 though his was at a slight premium because of the being first novelty factor.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...tml#post813736

But now, due to the currency appreciation of Yen - the 2012 GTR base retails for 8,694,000 yen ( now INR 5715000) in Japan. So the India OTR with tax, registration, transport, insurance, agent margin is bound to touch 1.50 Cr.

So it means, that the 2008 buyer who can now sell for 80 - 1 Cr prices virtually have 0 depreciation loss.

Last edited by dipen : 15th November 2011 at 15:43.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 12:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
The GTRs imported in the country in 2008 didnt exceed 1 Cr OTR. Please refer the below link for detailed calculation which was confirmed by Fireblader too who actually had imported the first R35 though his was at a slight premium because of the being first novelty factor.
Dipen please do read my post again. All i mentioned is that a 07/08 GTR was quoted at around Rs 85 Lakhs. I have not mentioned anything of its brand new cost, also do see papers of the car to know if it was under invoiced to save cost or at actual cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
But now, due to the currency appreciation of Yen - the 2012 GTR base retails for 8,694,000 yen ( now INR 5715000) in Japan. So the India OTR with tax, registration, transport, insurance, agent margin is bound to touch 1.50 Cr.
Please do read my post again. I have mentioned the Normal R35 today should be in the 1.5 cr bracket and the Egoist arround 2 cr plus bracket.
Old 16th November 2011, 18:33   #34
Senior - BHPian

@Speedy,
I haven't mentioned anything about any incorrect data in your post. So probably you didn't get my post. It is just a clarification on how the cost of a brand new GTR has elevated between 2008 and 2011 from 85L OTR to 1.5 OTR. There is no mention of any conflict that you read.

And if you are looking at under-invoicing - do note that my price calculations are with respect to MSRP from the country of import. Under-invoicing is again something which probably would create more debates. If you follow the calculations, you will yourself get the pricing of almost any $40000+ CBU privately imported. Evo X probably would result in some more duty (SAD) due to certain import clauses.
Old 27th November 2011, 03:10   #35
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 28th November 2011 at 10:32.
316kmph is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th December 2011, 04:53   #36
BHPian

Its a 3 letter car- GTR. I got a chance to drive it on track and believe me it's the best thing i have ever driven. If you are thinking about getting a sedan, i would suggest go with the Jaguar simply because of the "exclusive" factor. But if i were in your place and i would combine both and get a c63 sedan, that thing is fast and it has got 4 doors.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post edited. Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further. Thanks.

Last edited by .anshuman : 7th December 2011 at 11:24. Reason: see note in post
Mike89 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th January 2012, 12:56   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithnk View Post
anyways have been looking at BMWs 7 series , audi a8, Mercedes S class but all are not at all up to the mark or are the older models with a new one dew.

so please help me cause i wanna buy a car in a months time ?
Which car did you buy? 1 month's over.
Old 12th February 2012, 13:25   #38
BHPian

Try the RS5. Fits well within the budget, besides with a sports car you will need the money for 97 fuel.
Old 12th February 2012, 13:34   #39
BANNED

If you love to drive and want a big luxury car then the Jaguar XJ is the one for you. But does it come within a crore? I have no idea. But i have driven the XJ, the 740Li, the S500 and the A8 extensively on the track and on the streets and on the highways and the XJ comes as a clear winner in a combination of all these surfaces. And yes you get exclusivity and also a wild animal pouncing out through the bonnet of the car. I just love it.
Old 16th October 2014, 16:13   #40
PPS
Senior - BHPian

S class vs 7 series vs Audi A8L vs Jaguar XJL comparison by Autocar.

Source: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-391078.aspx/0
Old 16th October 2014, 21:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

So it is still the S class that trumps. If one goes further up the price bracket, I believe that the Bentley is the best driver's car as well as the back seat heaven.
Old 6th December 2014, 18:24   #42
BHPian

Quote:
For ~1 crore rupees on a brand new car, there's only one car I'd consider : The Nissan GT-R. Doesn't have the tantrums of Italian sports cars, Japanese reliability will prove to be a boon and can whup a 911 whenever you want. Get one in black (or grey) with black wheels (compulsory).

You are only 29, have some fun now. There's plenty of time for the S-Class' et al later in life.

Related Thread
Is it possible to get a GTR on road for 1 crore. I read that it costs more than 1.5 Crores now with the new duty strucuture.
Old 6th December 2014, 19:25   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc_lover666 View Post
Is it possible to get a GTR on road for 1 crore. I read that it costs more than 1.5 Crores now with the new duty strucuture.
In 2011 it was very much possible. Now its a different story, and a tad under 2 is what I hear.
Old 6th December 2014, 23:17   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
Which car did you buy? 1 month's over.
He got the Jag XJL.

Dont think he was looking at coupe's and sorts.
Old 8th December 2014, 14:15   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithnk View Post
Well guys am using a BMW 530 d now and am 29 and have 2 options and that is to go for a sports car or a luxury sedan and i somehow feel a luxury sedan is my choice but again if i find something very interesting in a sports car i can always have a look.

Jaguar people proposed to me to either go for a XKR sports coupe or a XJL and i even test drove a XJL and felt quite comfortable but the long wheel base version is quite long

anyways have been looking at BMWs 7 series , audi a8, Mercedes S class but all are not at all up to the mark or are the older models with a new one dew.

so please help me cause i wanna buy a car in a months time ?
My 2 cents

Luxury: S-Class

Sports: Pre-owned 458 Spider

- Nucliomaniac

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks