Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2018, 18:28   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Replacement for my BMW 640d Gran Coupe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 316kmph View Post
Thank you all for your valuable inputs. Booked the Audi S5. Yes, it does feel a segment lower than my 6, for the lack of options - I have picked this one.
Did you get delivery of the S5? Do let us have your initial feedback as we don't have a Tbhp official review on this yet.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 10:35   #17
BHPian

Replacement for my BMW 640d Gran Coupe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Did you get delivery of the S5? Do let us have your initial feedback as we don't have a Tbhp official review on this yet.

Yes, I did get it and I have had the car for a couple of months now.

The car is fantastic 9/10

+ Fabulous engine: performance is outstanding and so is the sound track. There is always a lot more power available at almost all speeds

+ It is quite a handsome looking car.

+ Quattro works really well... Impossible to get the car sideways :-(. I have used too many BMWs before this.

+ Interior is of excellent quality.

+ Everyday usability is very good for a car with so much performance and sportiness.

+ Virtual cockpit and MMI (2nd only to the iDrive) is very good.

~ Gearbox works well (fast, precise, smooth) for the most part but then gets toggled up automatically between sports and drive and sports and manual modes based on intelligence (a bit stupid) and overriding it isn't particularly easy.

~ Suspension is a bit on the firmer side, but I think it's good for the class of car.

~ ground clearance better than what you would expect, but occasionally reminds this is still a S car and we are still driving in India

~ steering is fast, precise and better weighted than almost all Audis, but still can use more feel and feedback

~ rear seats are comfortable enough for those used to say a Hyundai Verna

~ optional bang & Olufsen sound system while very good, doesn't sound special enough

~ front seats are very good, but I have found BMW and Mercedes sports seats to be better in squab support and the Audi's doesn't go as low

- Audi could have priced it some 5 lakhs cheaper but for the badly priced TT with a 2.0 engine

- interior design and most materials (mine has optional Alcantara that I love, but friends find it not so appealing) are the same as an A4 that costs about half the money. Audi could have done a bit more (dash topper in leather)

- drive select doesn't do anything to the suspension.. Otherwise works like a gem.

-if you have 2 phones (unlike in BMWs) you can connect only only phone to the MMI to make and get calls. (of course, you can pair many phones, but connect only one as a phone.)

Some Trivials:

* Trunk capacity is good for a full week getaway for 4 people

* I average nearly 6 kmpl in Chennai city

If you are in the market for a fast and stylish car and have a budget of about 75 lakh to a crore, this is my first choice for a recommendation.

Last edited by 316kmph : 17th January 2018 at 11:01.
316kmph is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks