Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2020, 14:43   #31
BHPian

Re: BMW 5-Series M-Sport : 30d or 30i dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovan View Post
Hi guys,...to the G30?
The G30 for sure!!

Since you are considering preowned options too - do consider a 630d in M sport trim.
Pros : Acres of rear seat space, amazingly comfortable (air suspensions), feature rich, ingress and egress are far better than the 5 series (because the seating is much higher)
Cons : Looks a bit weird, not very popular - will hamper the resale (though one reason why you can get a great deal), wouldn't handle as well as the 5 because of the higher centre of gravity.

I fail to understand why are people not considering the 6GT. Is it just the quirky looks? Or is there something else I am missing? The car is a hoot to drive, spacious, feature rich and comfortable, yet we don't see many people opting for it. Is it just the looks that matter nowadays? Doesn't character have any takers?
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 15:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

If I were you, I'd look no further than the 530d given the quantum of your annual mileage and regular outstation trips. The G30 makes a great argument for itself, but I agree that it's not worth 57 big ones.

If you find the monetary stretch to the 530d to be palatable, it would be my top pick.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 17:02   #33
BHPian

Go for the 530i M sport, perfect all rounder and package. I actually think it would be more difficult to sell an 80-90k driven 530d 5-6 years down the line looking at the times we are living in today, we will have more buyers for gasoline powered engines by then.
Old 6th March 2020, 12:30   #34
BHPian

Thank you everyone for your advice! Have finally gone ahead and booked the 30d, was a long time coming I guess.

The whole saga went on for a while & finally managed to get the last piece of the BS4 and its a 2020 production car. Hope to get the car by the end of the month.
shovan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 12:33   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovan View Post
Thank you everyone for your advice! Have finally gone ahead and booked the 30d, was a long time coming I guess.

The whole saga went on for a while & finally managed to get the last piece of the BS4 and its a 2020 production car. Hope to get the car by the end of the month.

Lucky chap, how much did you end up paying for it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks