Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2020, 05:08   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
My friend is looking for a luxury SUV. He took test drives of almost all cars (including performance SUV's) in this price range. His requirements:

1) Chauffeur driven
2) Petrol
3) Will keep the car for min 10 years (so long reliability is a must)

Shortlisted Range Rover Sport and Cayenne. Was waiting for the Q8 but dropped it since the pricing will be in Cayenne range. He is inching closer toward Cayenne and I recommended him the same after I got nice reviews about it from some one who own one.

Opinion guys, on Range Rover Sport Vs Cayenne.

Please stay away from JLR, a couple of friends/neighbours own vehicles from JLR and it is very unreliable so it would not tick the reliability criteria.

I have 2 friends who have the Cayenne, one was bought in 2008 and he is fairly happy with a little bit of issues, the other friends was bought in 2016 and has already crossed 1.5L Kms without any major issues!

I have never really liked the backseat of the Cayenne.

I would suggest the Volvo XC90 Excellence, amazing reliability can run for years, low maintenance, supreme luxury, comfort and crazy 407 hp of power. Should be in the same price range as the others.
aman-bh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 11:24   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: What luxury car / SUV for 1.5 - 2 crores?

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I think the BMW X7 40i will score better in the reliability front considering a 10-year ownership period.

EDIT - In case your friend is not particularly keen on a SUV, the Toyota Vellfire actually ticks all the requirement boxes.
Had checked the X7. He found the design to be offensive . And for the exact same reason, I don't think he will even look at the Vellfire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
One can get a decent HSE variant at about 1,05 Ex-Showroom. Cayenne will be more like 1,35 + even after rebates on some of the cars they have.

Another car worth waiting can be GLS, which should be here in around 2 months.
RR is some 1.35 while the Cayenne is close to 1.6 on road. He's not keen on the Benz even though I had suggested that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman-bh View Post
I have never really liked the backseat of the Cayenne.

I would suggest the Volvo XC90 Excellence, amazing reliability can run for years, low maintenance, supreme luxury, comfort and crazy 407 hp of power. Should be in the same price range as the others.
They drove this and he didn't like it much. No idea on what basis he rejected it but guess the chauffeur didn't like it and wanted to get his hands on the Cayenne .
Old 3rd March 2020, 11:38   #48
Team-BHP Support

Re: What luxury car / SUV for 1.5 - 2 crores?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

RR is some 1.35 while the Cayenne is close to 1.6 on road.
They drove this and he didn't like it much. No idea on what basis he rejected it but guess the chauffeur didn't like it and wanted to get his hands on the Cayenne .
Looks he has decided for the Cayenne. Not a bad thing if someone has to drive or sit in the front seats but frankly if he is going to sit in the middle, none of these will be comfortable. X7 is the one to go for the rear seats unless he is buying for the Chauffeur. If I have to ever sit in the rear, my pick will be an X7 or the VellFire.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks