Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2021, 14:10   #31
BHPian

Re: Buying a pre-owned BMW X5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Maybe it’s the maximum across different vehicles just like the speedo meter marking. Not necessarily coded to display maximum available in any vehicle per se.
Turns out, Turbanator is correct! You Sir, really are an encyclopedia specially w.r.t. Beemers.

I took the X5 on an expressway outing to Gwalior last weekend. Tried as hard as I might, couldn't get the power needle to go past 265 HP earning a few expletives from the Mrs. in the process

Was an enjoyable drive and X5 is truly an mile muncher specially on smooth tarmac like the Yamuna Expressway.

Onwards and Upwards, Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Buying a pre-owned BMW X5?-img_5160.jpg  

Sisu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 14:55   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Perhaps you could check on one of your cars and update what power number is displayed on ur screen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Tried as hard as I might, couldn't get the power needle to go past 265 HP earning a few expletives from the Mrs. in the process
I missed your question previously, I believe they have changed the way we see these on the newer Idrive. Mine also looks similar to the one posted by CEF.

To go past 265 Hp, you need to plan an upgrade sometime in future
Attached Thumbnails
Buying a pre-owned BMW X5?-whatsapp-image-20210915-2.52.48-pm.jpeg  

Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 16:19   #33
BHPian

I am still hunting for a clean X5 , in the last 6 months prices seem to have increased or remained the same. I was getting quotes for 2018 m sport X5 for 48 lakhs and around in January this year and now I am getting quotes for 52 for 2018 M sports. The same case for DPE.

I waited for 6-10 months for prices to drop and they have increased!!! Has anyone else noticed this rise in prices?Also if people who have bought pre owned X5's recently can share the price it would helpful for me to compare.
Old 6th November 2021, 15:04   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanttalwar View Post
I am still hunting for a clean X5 , in the last 6 months prices seem to have increased or remained the same. I was getting quotes for 2018 m sport X5 for 48 lakhs and around in January this year and now I am getting quotes for 52 for 2018 M sports. The same case for DPE.

I waited for 6-10 months for prices to drop and they have increased!!! Has anyone else noticed this rise in prices? Also if people who have bought pre-owned X5's recently can share the price it would helpful for me to compare.
I'm in the same boat and totally agree with you. Prices seem to have gone up it seems; both for new and pre-owned luxury cars. I have a 2016 X1 and was wanting to replace it with a new (or used) X5 30d. The price for a new one is 1cr+ now, compared to around 80 lakhs (on-road, after a hefty discount) for the same car (BS 4 though) that I was offered in December 2019.

I just don't see the point of paying 20 lakhs extra for pretty much the same car. I was offered a 2019 used X530d for 77 lakhs a few months ago. Just beats me
mohittater is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 15:17   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanttalwar View Post

I waited for 6-10 months for prices to drop and they have increased!!! Has anyone else noticed this rise in prices?Also if people who have bought pre owned X5's recently can share the price it would helpful for me to compare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohittater View Post
I'm in the same boat and totally agree with you. Prices seem to have gone up it seems; both for new and pre-owned luxury cars. I have a 2016 X1 and was wanting to replace it with a new (or used) X5 30d. The price for a new one is 1cr+ now, compared to around 80 lakhs (on-road, after a hefty discount) for the same car (BS 4 though) that I was offered in December 2019.

I just don't see the point of paying 20 lakhs extra for pretty much the same car. I was offered a 2019 used X530d for 77 lakhs a few months ago. Just beats me
I am being offered by some known dealers somewhere in the early Fifties for my 2018 X5 DPE which I had bought for mid-forties last year. Never thought going pre-owned can be an appreciating investment.
Sisu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 14:46   #36
BHPian

Is it worthwhile considering a 2015 X5 with 75k on ODO? Seems to have been owned by a celebrity
Old 22nd March 2022, 16:51   #37
BHPian

Tyre Upgrade for my X5

After stretching the original set of Goodyear Eagles RFT's for 32k Kms and almost 4 years, finally took the plunge and moved to my favourite brand "Michelin" and got the Michelin Latitude Sport 3 in the below sizes

Front - 255/55/R19
Rear - 285/45/R19

Since I wanted to move to tubeless from RFT's, the rear sizes were not available in India. Based on BHPian Turbanator's recommendation, sourced these from Singh Shoppe (Karan +91 99710 99239). The rear set were imported specially while the front were available off the shelf.

Price quoted by them seemed reasonable to me so didn't negotiate. Got these in a month's time (initial commitment was for 2 weeks but got pushed due to the Ukranian War).

The Goodyear Eagles still had approx. 25-30% tread-life remaining in them but I could feel the compound had gotten hard even though there were no punctures over the last 2 years.

Got the new set fitted over the weekend and the whole experience with Singh Shoppe was smooth and the replacement was prompt and Professional. Tyres are made in France and manufacturing is December 2021.

The new Michelin's are absolutely "makkhan" and it seems the car is running on soft clouds. Very satisfied with this purchase even with the premium these tyres cost.

Keep Revving, Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Buying a pre-owned BMW X5?-whatsapp-image-20220322-5.02.47-pm.jpeg  

Buying a pre-owned BMW X5?-whatsapp-image-20220322-5.02.52-pm-1.jpeg  

Buying a pre-owned BMW X5?-whatsapp-image-20220322-5.02.48-pm.jpeg  

Buying a pre-owned BMW X5?-whatsapp-image-20220322-5.02.48-pm-1.jpeg  

Buying a pre-owned BMW X5?-whatsapp-image-20220322-5.02.50-pm-1.jpeg  

Buying a pre-owned BMW X5?-whatsapp-image-20220322-5.02.50-pm.jpeg  

Buying a pre-owned BMW X5?-whatsapp-image-20220322-5.02.51-pm.jpeg  

Buying a pre-owned BMW X5?-whatsapp-image-20220322-5.02.52-pm.jpeg  

Buying a pre-owned BMW X5?-whatsapp-image-20220322-5.02.54-pm-1.jpeg  

Buying a pre-owned BMW X5?-bm.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th March 2022 at 19:42.
Sisu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 04:44   #38
BHPian

Dears

I am thinking of retrofitting my X5-2015 with a digital dash- 6WB.
Has anyone tried doing this in INDIA ?
Can you connect me to someone who can do this , this will obviously need coding also after fitting the new Dash ( if its possible) .
Any place in Mumbai where this can be done ??
Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 10:21   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maanspeedo View Post
Dears

I am thinking of retrofitting my X5-2015 with a digital dash- 6WB.
Has anyone tried doing this in INDIA ?
Can you connect me to someone who can do this , this will obviously need coding also after fitting the new Dash ( if its possible) .
Any place in Mumbai where this can be done ??
Thanks
Not sure if it's been done on an X5 in India or not, but it's surely been done a fair bit in India.

You can get in touch with Akshay at Redline Autohaus (9819917829, Google Maps link). He should be able to get this done end-to-end (sourcing it at a fair price, and completing any install + coding).

Last edited by iliketurtles : 5th August 2022 at 10:24. Reason: Corrected Autohoes to Autohaus
Old 8th January 2023, 22:34   #40
BHPian

Reviving this thread:

I'm considering a 2014-15-16 X5 30d with around 60-80k on the odo, and would really appreciate some help.

1. I'm not too concerned about long term maintenance since this is a 2-3 year kinda purchase before going to an EV SUV when there are more options out there. What are the few things I should be looking out for which are most prone to damage/failure on a 6-8 Yr old car?

2. What are the differences between the DPE model and the standard one?

3. Not too concerned about mileage, but am curious what this heavy big guy with a V6 gives?

This will be replacing a Camry Hybrid, and of all the choices in that 25-30L bracket, the X5 seems to be the most like for like replacement. A 2018 Kodiaq is perceivably smaller on the inside but a great alternative too at the same price.

This is my criteria:
- lots of space in the rear seat
- 3 seats in the rear, not captain's seats
- don't need a butch SUV (Fortuner/Endeavor etc)
- comfortable, city and highway drive
- luxury and space (Camry replacement)
- SUV body type, the Camry bottoms out on some spots and we already have another luxury sedan
- rear windows that go all the way down so our dog can put his head out the window

Ideally, I'd have got the Ioniq 5 but in the current cbu route, I don't see it launching below 55 OTR Mumbai.

Thank you!
d_payne is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 19:21   #41
BHPian

I was discussing a related topic with DBHPian Turbanator on a private msg (I understand that the forum would benefit more from open chats but I felt this was better discussed in a PM) and this came up.

BMW has a program where an out-of-warranty car is checked and if it passes BMW offers a warranty. I'm yet to understand all the details but it could be a great option for buyers of used X5s looking for additional peace of mind.

I knew Porsche had a similar program and I had seriously considered it when I was exploring a Cayenne knowing the 951's buggy front diff and failure-prone air suspension.

Unrelated Questions:
  1. How do I check if a late 2017 F15 X5 has Carplay? If yes, is it wireless?
  2. Did the late 2017 F15 X5 XDrive have Comfort access (ridges on the handle) if it had S323 soft-close automatic doors?
Old 27th March 2024, 16:22   #42
kdp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldip View Post
  1. How do I check if a late 2017 F15 X5 has Carplay? If yes, is it wireless?
If it has iDrive 5 or 6 (NBT-EVO); then it should have Carplay by default in an X5. if without carplay, its not very complex to code it. (but beyond the knowledge of the typical DIYer). if for any reason it does not have Carplay, you may need to add a wireless antenna, (which costs between INR 500-2000 with the right connector). this is not super complicated to install yourself as long as you have a t20 screwdriver. (If it does not have NBT-EVO, its probably not late 2017)

As far as I know all CarPlay on NBT-EVO and above (which is what a F15 will have) is wireless.

Last edited by kdp : 27th March 2024 at 16:24. Reason: error
kdp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks