Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2022, 14:16   #46
BHPian

Re: Should I buy the pre-worshipped C200

Think long and hard my friend, before you take the plunge.
Instead of a work horse, you might end up with a Garage Queen!

On a serious note, maintaining a 11 year old German is not everyone's cup of tea, unless you are in know of good independent garage. Reliability and car's availability for daily use will remain an ongoing concern.

Last edited by Acharya : 21st September 2022 at 14:19.
Acharya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 14:18   #47
Senior - BHPian

Nah! I'd pass this. A workhorse is supposed to be fairly reliable and a 11 year old Merc is not confidence inspiring. Again this depends on your appetite of how much downtime is ok along with the random 6 digit maintenance bills.

If it was a project car where you're ready to spend time and money, it makes sense.
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 14:37   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
On a serious note, maintaining a 11 year old German is not everyone's cup of tea, unless you are in know of good independent garage. Reliability and car's availability for daily use will remain an ongoing concern.
That's one reasonable advice. It might end up being a brash decision being heavy on pocket.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st September 2022 at 15:15. Reason: Quote content trimmed
sarthakverma97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 15:02   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakverma97 View Post
Dear BHPians,

I have been recently looking out for a 3rd car which can be the new work horse in the garage.

I want an honest opinion from you all on whether I should block this deal and go for it or should I be reasonable and get a mass market car and settle with it.
For your use case, get a proper workhorse and call it a day. A 10-11 year old German is not a workhorse, even if you can daily one (I do).

What you need is a mass market car that can take some abuse and not cost a lot if you rack up the kilometers. This Merc would not be it.

Sure, if you want the badge, and a car that has a bit of a sense of occasion to it, go for it, by all means. But know what you're getting into with eyes wide open. Little niggles will always be there, age is more than just a number.

Last edited by iliketurtles : 21st September 2022 at 15:19. Reason: edited for clarity
Old 17th June 2023, 13:56   #50
BHPian

Re: A pre-owned German luxury car on a budget!

Hey All,

I'm looking at used Audi Q3 - 2016, driven for ~60k kms at ~20L,

Seeking your advice - is it a good price for the car? would the car be good to go for the next 5 years, in frequent use and occasional long drives

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks