Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2020, 08:03   #31
ais
BHPian

Re: Used BMW: 320i vs 320d in Delhi-NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma View Post
that 330i looks mint. loved the part about it having its own garage. i don't intend to rain on your parade but isn't 40 lacs awfully close to a brand new 3?
Thanks- it is mint. A new M Sport 330i will cost about 50 lakhs after discounts, insurance and registration. With the addition of Bilstein B6 shockabs that takes its handling to full potential, and forged alloys that eliminate the bending issue of company supplied Light alloys that are cast (not forged), and extended warranty this is a good deal for someone who wants to save on the difference of cost of new.

As for the 320d you are looking at, at this point pf time especially in Delhi NCR, petrol cars may be a better idea. Performance of 330i over 320d is quite different. I had a Sportline F30 earlier and it sold on similar price difference and details.

Last edited by ais : 12th August 2020 at 08:09.
Old 12th August 2020, 08:31   #32
Senior - BHPian

Even considering the 10 year ban on Diesel cars, I would still go for the 320D simply because it will cost you lower to run, i trust european diesels more than I trust european petrols, has BSI and still has 7 years life left (considering the 10 year rule). Also I dont think there will be a massive difference in the resale value of a 10 year old BMW whether it is a petrol or a diesel. I reckon it would be easier to sell of the diesel outside Delhi if the law stays.
Old 16th August 2020, 00:47   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ais View Post
My 330i is available now. Details are here-

https://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy...or-sale/64299/
Phwoah... Love that car. Are you rocking the 6WB digital dash? Did that come standard in the 330i M-sport?
Old 16th August 2020, 01:07   #34
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Phwoah... Love that car. Are you rocking the 6WB digital dash? Did that come standard in the 330i M-sport?
Thanks! Dash is as it came. Im not sure of the version. One of the main reasons I went for the outgoing model was the last chance of holding on to some of the traditional features- needles on the dash (though not real like the pre LCI model), wire hand brake, rocker mode button that we don't need to look at to select mode on the go. I've only attempted to change the stuff that ups the performance- shockabs, alloys and hopefully the tyres will help. Will know after installation of alloys and tyres next week.
ais is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 02:51   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Dash is as it came. Im not sure of the version. One of the main reasons I went for the outgoing model was the last chance of holding on to some of the traditional features- needles on the dash (though not real like the pre LCI model), wire hand brake, rocker mode button that we don't need to look at to select mode on the go. I've only attempted to change the stuff that ups the performance- shockabs, alloys and hopefully the tyres will help. Will know after installation of alloys and tyres next week.
That dash is called the 6WB, and I wish it came with my 328i (basically the 330i before they rebadged it for the LCI). The traditional analogue dash with the colour screens in it (that are on my 328i) is called the 6WA, unless I'm mistaken.

Like you, I'm not a fan of the new digital dash that they've got in the G-generation. BMW really need to learn from Audi and Merc how to do digital dashes properly.

Would love to see the car with the alloy upgrades - you said they were 17s? Isn't that a downsize? How come?
Also, why are you selling the car after just 4500km, if I may ask?

Last edited by ghostrider : 16th August 2020 at 02:55.
ghostrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 05:40   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A new M Sport 330i will cost about 50 lakhs after discounts, insurance and registration. and extended warranty this is a good deal
Problems with most of these German cars is the low resales. You have mentioned, Unlimited engine warranty, what’s that and why will BMW offer that?

Demand of petrol cars even though is catching in Chandigarh and Punjab but it’s still a Diesel market. Unless you have an immediate reason to sell, better hold this for more time. Not that it will not depreciate more but at least you will be able to enjoy.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 09:04   #37
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Would love to see the car with the alloy upgrades - you said they were 17s? Isn't that a downsize? How come?
Also, why are you selling the car after just 4500km, if I may ask?
It is a downsize to increase the tyre rubber height. 18" alloys are prone to bending on hitting potholes etc. There are several posts on this topic on Team BHP. The Bayern alloys are rotary forged, so hopefully won't bend.

Selling for exactly that reason- very low usage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Problems with most of these German cars is the low resales. You have mentioned, Unlimited engine warranty, what’s that and why will BMW offer that?
Demand of petrol cars even though is catching in Chandigarh and Punjab but it’s still a Diesel market. Unless you have an immediate reason to sell, better hold this for more time. Not that it will not depreciate more but at least you will be able to enjoy.
Will explain this to the eventual buyer. I have the written confirmation of the warranty.

There are more deisel cars available too. Usually, the petrol 3 Series is preferred for its performance, which is better than 320d. I had sold my 320d Sportline F30 earlier for this reason. Depreciation is a figure on paper only (except for dealers who look for bargaining points). Ultimately its the condition of the car that matters. For example, a taxi operator could get a new car from the showroom, drive it 1 lakh Kms in 2 months and dent it from all sides, skip service and oil change- the depreciation wouldn't be 10% as on paper. Likewise, I sold the 320d after 12000kms and 1.5 years for less than 10% depreciation, whereas on paper it was 25%!

Nevertheless, I will wait for a buyer who wants a well maintained petrol 330i and can meet my ballpark, and enjoy the car until then!
ais is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 16:56   #38
ais
BHPian

So Beyern Ritz forged alloys, gunmetal grey colour added. Michelin Pilot Sport 4 also. Took it for a short spin up to the Himalyan Expressway toll plaza.

My view- looks good! Sounds slightly quieter than stock Bridgestone RFT. Handling seemed better, though it will take some time for tyres to settle down, me to get used to the setup, find the ideal pressure (tried 32psi but felt too low) and get a real idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Used BMW: 320i vs 320d in Delhi-NCR-20200822_154730.jpg  

ais is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 17:46   #39
BHPian

Quote:
So Beyern Ritz forged alloys, gunmetal grey colour added. Michelin Pilot Sport 4 also.
Wheels look sweet! May I know the tyre size that you opted for?
Old 22nd August 2020, 18:05   #40
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza View Post
Wheels look sweet! May I know the tyre size that you opted for?
Thanks! 225/50 R17. This is as specified by BMW and tyre size charts.
Old 23rd August 2020, 01:32   #41
BHPian

Quote:
So Beyern Ritz forged alloys, gunmetal grey colour added. Michelin Pilot Sport 4 also. Took it for a short spin up to the Himalyan Expressway toll plaza.

My view- looks good! Sounds slightly quieter than stock Bridgestone RFT. Handling seemed better, though it will take some time for tyres to settle down, me to get used to the setup, find the ideal pressure (tried 32psi but felt too low) and get a real idea.
Those look sweet... there's a similar Variant Wheels design that also looks outstanding.
Any chance you could share where you got em and what you paid?
Old 23rd August 2020, 14:47   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! 225/50 R17. This is as specified by BMW and tyre size charts.
Nice! How much for the alloys and tyres?
Old 23rd August 2020, 14:50   #43
ais
BHPian

Approximately 1.70 for the alloys and 11500 for each tyre.
ais is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 15:03   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Approximately 1.70 for the alloys and 11500 for each tyre.
Super! I casually enquired about the OEM 17" G20 Sport variant alloy and it was 50K each!

Do update on the Michelin PS4 tyres as many are eyeing them.
Old 23rd August 2020, 15:08   #45
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Super! I casually enquired about the OEM 17" G20 Sport variant alloy and it was 50K each!

Do update on the Michelin PS4 tyres as many are eyeing them.
And they are CAST process manufactured. Forged will be astronomical- I think Turbunator got some.

Will update on tyres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks