Skoda Superb 23 6.80%
Toyota Camry Hybrid 22 6.51%
Other (please specify in your post) 1 0.30%
Voters: 338. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2020, 22:19   #16
BHPian

Re: BMW 3-Series vs Mercedes C-Class vs Jaguar XE vs others

For me it's the BMW 330i, the driving dynamics are the best and it's handling is super good . It puts a smile on my face and the interiors are good enough . It is the pick of the bunch for me and hopefully I'll be getting my hands on the coveted beamer after I'm finally able to clear my exam. Fingers crossed

C class is very comfortable but it lacks the oomph factor.

Superb- It's nice and comfortable but I'm very skeptical of the skoda after sales services.

Camry - I haven't driven the Camry but my cousin thinks that it's a tad boring to be behind the wheel of this Toyota

Jaguar XE - it's little pricy but looks gorgeous. JLR cars have reliability issues and I am not sure if it holds the same for XE or not. It doesnt drive as good as the Beamer , the gearbox is a huge letdown
Old 11th November 2020, 01:02   #17
BHPian

BMW 3 Series for me. Most fun to drive of all the above options. So best car for someone like me who love to drive.
Old 11th November 2020, 08:05   #18
Team-BHP Support

Voted for the 3.

The 330i is indeed a brilliant package, especially the sports trim (BMW’s digital dials on the top trims looks a bit like a tacky game console). Size is just right, drives well, and quality levels are great. I like the C but it looks outdated inside especially when compared with the newer Mercedes models; even the face-lifted E gets the new MBUX display.

The Octavia RS is a great package but its an old generation model.
Old 11th November 2020, 10:05   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

I doubt if all the options listed will find a place on the same list in the real world. Camry and Superb are not the kind of cars someone buys to drive themselves. They are both unmatched in terms of space and comfort and for someone looking to be chauffeured around, should not touch the luxury European cars at all. It is simply foolish and impractical.

Things would change completely if you are the one who is going to do the driving part. And for that, my vote goes to the BMW 3 series. It is the perfect combination of badge value and driving dynamics. Combined with BMW's service packs and warranty extensions, one can even enjoy peace of mind during the ownership period. However, a close second would be the Jaguar XE and it does appeal due to its exclusivity and freshness that it brings to this segment. However, I haven't driven one and hence I reserve my judgment on it. Also, the after-sales stories create a lot of apprehension for a buyer in this segment who is usually someone venturing into this luxury segment for the first time.
drmohitg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 10:19   #20
BHPian

My vote was undeniably biased to the 330i. The styling, proportions and brilliant 4 cylinder turbo charged unit with BMW's legendary handling makes everything else in the class (petrol) feel like a less vehicle from a driver's point of view.
Old 11th November 2020, 11:35   #21
BHPian

(Can't seem to vote for some reason)

I'd vote for the Jag XE. Yes the Beemer is faster and better to drive, the Merc is more opulent. But that Jag tugs at the intangibles a bit more than the rest. If this was a head-over-heart purchase, the 330i would be my pick. By the time I'd be able to buy a car from this class, I'd be approaching my middle-age, and those mid-life crisis purchases are rarely sensible. Book me a delicious red Jag please, so I can get away with flirting outrageously with a beautiful waitress or checking out of a hotel without paying.
Sudarshan42 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 12:46   #22

Toyota Camry Hybrid for me. It is reasonably good to drive in latest edition. Won't attract too much attention compared to german counterparts on road. Reasonable maintenance cost to live with and will be a reliable ride for 10+ years.
randeepsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 16:25   #23
BHPian

Its BMW for me always , though i drive a preowned 530d f10 version 3 series has always struck the cords in my heart . Perfect 50-50 weight distribution , RWD perfectly calibrated steering though electric motor . It fulfills an enthusiastic dream . Not to forget BMW is leading in tech also (IDRIVE still best in the segment) . Lots of mod potential also .
I am a diesel lover , that 2liter diesel is fantastic to drive and pretty efficient too . Last but not the least engine gearbox match made in heaven .
LEOMAN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 17:11   #24
BHPian

Voted for the 3.

Almost bought one earlier this year, then the pandemic happened. Decided to hold onto my Passat 2012 Highline for a few more years. I am in the final stages of completing the the Head Unit to a MIB STD2 PQ+ unit upgrade - RVC remains to be sorted out.
Old 11th November 2020, 19:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note : Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support. Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 12th November 2020 at 10:01.
VijayAnand1 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th November 2020, 20:00   #26
BHPian

Voted for the camary for its utiity and comfort. A jack of all trades for me as it can be a reliable family car and a great car to be chaufered around. ( It is a Lexus under the skin). I sat in the new camary and it is silent! the hybrid is a great car to be in.The driving dyanamics are much better than older Camaries

The second choice will be the Superb followed by the Octavia. Both care are extreme value for money compared to the Germans.I own Skoda cars and can vouch for their fit and finish. Only grouse is service and parts.

If it was the brand Value then it would be the Merc followed by the Beemer. The merc is a better family car while the new BMW is quirky and many features are missing.
Old 11th November 2020, 21:15   #27
Senior - BHPian

I've done a review and compared the 330i and the vRS 245 - the only two cars that interest me in this list:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...rable-e90.html (BMW 330i (G20) vs Octavia vRS, Mini JCW, F30 and the venerable E90)

My preferences are mentioned in the conclusion.
Old 12th November 2020, 01:32   #28
BHPian

Voted for the BMW 330i for sheer driving pleasure and more so because I have been drooling over the Sport/ M-Sport version for quite sometime now for the power at disposal and all round package that it offers.
Old 12th November 2020, 08:10   #29
BHPian

Voted for Camry. Comfort, low NVH levels and reliability. Plus, it seems to attract less attention than others in this list - actually a safety criteria since most of my driving is on highways. Front end design could be a bit toned down though.
Old 12th November 2020, 08:19   #30
BHPian

My vote goes for C300d over any other available options that Torquey diesel with 500NM will be a hoot to drive on highways. 3 series interiors are my only grouse, too plain Jane for me. 300d is Fast with beautiful interiors and equipment list, only if it had burmester sound it would have been perfect companion for the long drives and highway trips.

Octavia vRS is priced too high and misses out on Value for money factor the way old one did. Will anyday pick 330i over octavia as option 2 coz more discounts will roll in on 3 series by end of year and its definitely a better bet than octavia.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks