Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which SUV would you buy?
Mercedes GLC 27 16.77%
BMW X3 103 63.98%
Range Rover Evoque 21 13.04%
Other (please specify in your post) 10 6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2021, 09:20   #46
BHPian

Re: Dilemma: Mercedes GLC vs BMW X3 vs Range Rover Evoque

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Guys, after having driven sedans all my life, mid-life crisis has struck hard and here I am looking forward to look all cool driving in an SUV

My sweet spot budget is around 60-65L with strong preference for petrol. After having researched team-bhp threads and carwale etc, seems like I have 3 choices:

Merc GLC:
  • Most pocket friendly. Got an early OTR quote of around 63L (5L discount)
  • Most underpowered engine and only RWD but I doubt I will do much offroading so its okay for me
  • Interiors look quite plush. I liked the dash look better than X3

BMW X3:
  • Best looking exteriors among all choices (Wifey likes it the most and hated those running boards on GLC and feels they look taxi-like
  • Most expensive, Got an OTR quote of around 70L (6L discount)
  • More modern looking dash with digital dials and all but overall interiors looked a bit plain jane for a 70L vehicle

Range Rover Evoque:
  • Price-wise, it is between GLC and X3
  • Yet to TD so not much opinion.

Heart says X3 but mind definitely questions if X3 is worth spending 7L more than GLC? I am not really the kind who will do the twisties at 200 km/hr so its more about comfort, luxury and of-course the snob value.

What do the pros recommend? Is there anything else to look? Do these discounts look okay or more can be bargained?

Thanks in advance!
I don't think you should strike off Volvo XC60 the from the list due to the Petrol/Diesel Debate.

XC60 will be a petrol only vehicle starting this November. You should definitely check it out.

Also, here are my 2 cents- The volvo will stay relevant (in terms of tech) for a longer time unlike the X3 or GLC or any other vehicle in the price bracket. Now that even 20-25 Lakh cars are coming with Adaptive Cruise Control, ADAS, AEB, Collision Avoidance etc, Driving around in such an expensive vehicle that doesn't have all this tech, would definitely feel like compromise.

Again, it comes down to If all this tech matters to you.

Last edited by RishavRBhardwaj : 25th September 2021 at 09:21.
Old 25th September 2021, 10:24   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishavRBhardwaj View Post
I don't think you should strike off Volvo XC60 the from the list due to the Petrol/Diesel Debate.

XC60 will be a petrol only vehicle starting this November. You should definitely check it out.

Also, here are my 2 cents- The volvo will stay relevant (in terms of tech) for a longer time unlike the X3 or GLC or any other vehicle in the price bracket. Now that even 20-25 Lakh cars are coming with Adaptive Cruise Control, ADAS, AEB, Collision Avoidance etc, Driving around in such an expensive vehicle that doesn't have all this tech, would definitely feel like compromise.

Again, it comes down to If all this tech matters to you.
Too late. I already bought X3 and that is what today's update is about. You have responded to my poll done in Dec last year
CosmicWizard is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 10:27   #48
BHPian

Oops, didnt see the date. Anyways.
Old 26th September 2021, 19:35   #49
BHPian

Congratulations on the new purhcase...!! I am also deliberating between X3 and GLC for sometime...

Can you comment on the back seat comfort, especially the under thigh support? how does it compare with GLC?

Also, can you share the OTR cost of the vehicle and which dealership you went with?
Old 26th September 2021, 20:09   #50
BHPian

I don't intend to ever be on the backseat of my X3 so no idea but it doesn't look impressive at all. I think GLC and Merc overall are more suitable for the driven. Having said that, X3 does get 3 zone climate control as opposed to GLC's 2 zone so that is a plus for those in the rear seat.

I bought it from deutsche. Being the newer dealer in town, they are more proactive and had better offer than Navnit. Will share OTR on PM.
Old 26th September 2021, 20:29   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys, have a little update to share. After 9 long months since conducting this poll, I am finally able to respect people's mandate and became a proud BMW owner again, after a gap of 18 years (2003 325i in US was the previous one). The wait was much much longer than I had ever imagined and cannot thank team-bhp enough for keeping me sane all this while. Things unfolded something like this

Sep 2021 (Nirvana!): Towards mid-august, I noticed a fellow TBHP member in Mumbai was able to get his 2021 X3 so pinged the dealer again and he got back that production has restarted. Discounts were not as great as last year but by now I had it enough and was in no mood to wait till festive season or year end. Also, was getting the blue mocha combination that was our first preference.

Attachment 2211541
Once the heart is set on something, it will always make umpteen attempts to obtain the same! Congratulations on your X3. And I believe that TBHPian from Mumbai was me

OT: Sorry for hijacking your post, but Open roads and Sports mode is the best the therapy for a calm Sunday. A direct pin-point steering, a gearbox that supports every move you make and that agile handling make it a true all-rounder. Glad I picked it up over everything else available out there!

Dilemma: Mercedes GLC vs BMW X3 vs Range Rover Evoque-22535b726775407c952831e30bc2f36f.jpeg

Dilemma: Mercedes GLC vs BMW X3 vs Range Rover Evoque-f4064e0717334169a793364f2f82ab58.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 26th September 2021 at 20:44.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 21:42   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Once the heart is set on something, it will always make umpteen attempts to obtain the same! Congratulations on your X3. And I believe that TBHPian from Mumbai was me
Yes, indeed Thanks for showing me the light at the end of the tunnel
CosmicWizard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 21:59   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
Congratulations on the new purhcase...!! I am also deliberating between X3 and GLC for sometime...

Can you comment on the back seat comfort, especially the under thigh support? how does it compare with GLC?

Also, can you share the OTR cost of the vehicle and which dealership you went with?
If you are looking for back-seat comfort, please look elsewhere. X3 lacks under thing support even for someone like me who is 5'5". GLC is slightly better but still not really great.
Old 29th December 2021, 23:58   #54

I’m planning to buy one of the following (I prefer petrol, as I drive around 8 to 9K km, yearly)
Merc GLC
Audi Q5 (Premium plus) – launched last month
Land Rover Discovery Sport

I would have liked to consider BMW X3 as well, but currently they are out of stock in Pune, and as per the dealer, out of stock mostly everywhere else too.. Apparently, new X3 facelift is expected to be launched in 2022, and I was told by the dealer that the expected price is around 80L

(Prices in 2021 seem to have gone up significantly compared to 2020, anywhere between 3 to 5 L more than last year’s ex-showroom prices for all of these cars)

I noticed that dealers are short on stocks, and are offering little or no discounts (nothing on ex-showroom cost, just a few thousand in “handling charges” or insurance costs).
Would be great to know from fellow BHPians if they have seen/heard discounts being given out recently (those typical year ending/Dec. deals) Any idea?

Also, given the fact that not much discounts are on offer, should I buy a 2021 model, or wait for 2022 model.. It’s a matter of a month or 2, (I can wait that much) – I heard from BMW and Merc dealers that prices will be hiked by about 3% from Jan.

Any suggestions/comments would be very helpful.
Old 21st August 2023, 17:03   #55

Quote:
Guys, after having driven sedans all my life, mid-life crisis has struck hard and here I am looking forward to look all cool driving in an SUV

My sweet spot budget is around 60-65L with strong preference for petrol. After having researched team-bhp threads and carwale etc, seems like I have 3 choices:

Merc GLC:
  • Most pocket friendly. Got an early OTR quote of around 63L (5L discount)
  • Most underpowered engine and only RWD but I doubt I will do much offroading so its okay for me
  • Interiors look quite plush. I liked the dash look better than X3

Funny how just 3 years ago the GLC was 24L cheaper on road than it is today.

BMW X3:
  • Best looking exteriors among all choices (Wifey likes it the most and hated those running boards on GLC and feels they look taxi-like
  • Most expensive, Got an OTR quote of around 70L (6L discount)
  • More modern looking dash with digital dials and all but overall interiors looked a bit plain jane for a 70L vehicle

Range Rover Evoque:
  • Price-wise, it is between GLC and X3
  • Yet to TD so not much opinion.

Heart says X3 but mind definitely questions if X3 is worth spending 7L more than GLC? I am not really the kind who will do the twisties at 200 km/hr so its more about comfort, luxury and of-course the snob value.

What do the pros recommend? Is there anything else to look? Do these discounts look okay or more can be bargained?

Thanks in advance!
Funny how just 3 years ago the GLC was 24L cheaper on road than it is today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks