Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2021, 18:51   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Buying a used Range Rover Vogue / Sport / Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Would love to hear from you guys.
You will get a lot of advice but the final call has to be yours. I am not sure about the reliability of Range Rovers/Land Rovers in India, but here in UK the forums are full of positive and negative reviews. Then I found out it is same for BMWs and Mercs, for every happy owner you will get a lot of unhappy ones. But again, most of the happy owners are not vocal on the forums. It is general human tendency to complaint when things go wrong and only a handful are vocal when they are happy!
I have driven my almost 10 years old Range Rover Sport (L320) for more than 30 thousand Kilometers. It has been to the freezing temperatures of the ski resorts of France to the sweltering heat of more than 43 degrees in Spain. I have driven it for more than 25 hours at a stretch. There has been zero complaints, not a single problem. Everything works like clockwork. There is nothing to say about the driving experience. I would rather push the Range Rover if something goes wrong than drive any other vehicle, it is that good
And now we have another Land Rover with us, the classic Defender 90. There will be a lot of naysayers, but if we have to listen to them we would have to stop living and start worrying. After all it is "One life, live it"!

A picture of my beloved.. what a beautiful vehicle, what a timeless design!

Buying a used Range Rover Vogue / Sport / Discovery-dsc_46511.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
But then something happened , on this very same forum Bhpian BlackPearl put up a thread of his purchase of a preowned Range Rover ( sport - I think ) .....
Yes it is a 2011 Range Rover Sport HSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
Frankly , do i love it right now ? Answer is absolutely YES, what a ride comes a thought every time I see her in the morning and it drives and feels the way no other car can match , it's a Range Rover after all and for a reason. .
Great to hear that you are happy with the Range Rover!
BlackPearl is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 19:50   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
There will be a lot of naysayers, but if we have to listen to them we would have to stop living and start worrying. After all it is "One life, live it"!
Very inspiring words indeed! After reading your post got back my confidence high again .
After all it was you only who inspired me to bring the RR home . Keep posting about it and so will I .

Last edited by BlackPearl : 9th August 2021 at 20:34. Reason: Broken quotes. Thanks.
quattroa4 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 13:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:

2) Anybody who was brave enough to do the above? Experiences?

4) Are authorized dealers the only way to get parts in India?

Adi

I personally do not have the courage to embark on such an endeavour, but luckily I have friends who did. A combination of success stories and absolute tragedies.
One found a 2011 Sport for a decent price, bought it with an inspection and the car did him well for a few years with generally decent reliability. Only electronic issues plagued the car but those weren't too hard to fix.
Now the tragedy was one to behold. A 2011 again but everything. EVERYTHING. Went wrong with it. He owned it for 2 years out of which it spent atleast 15 months in the shop. But dealerships are NOT the only way to get parts in india. He first gave the car to a local dealer in Pune and they completely disassembled the car to the bare shell. Not being able to diagnose and fix the electronic issues which completely rendered the car useless. Then he gave the car to an independent mechanic who re-did the wiring harness and replaced a few key electricals over the span of 3 months. The fix-up worked and he immediately got rid of the car shortly thereafter.

My bottom line, if you can avoid it, do avoid it. If you really do want it, don't worry, ADs aren't the only way to go.
ParthVyas777 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 14:54   #19
AVR
BHPian

After going all over the place...This thread concluded with a new Green Rubicon! The Range Rover remains elusive for reasons of choice, fear and cost!

Buying a used Range Rover Vogue / Sport / Discovery-whatsapp-image-20220629-2.50.59-pm.jpeg
AVR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 15:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
This thread concluded with a new Green Rubicon
Congratulations! That's a beautiful colour! What was the final ex-showroom they offered you, were there any discounts? And how long was the waiting period?
Porcupine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 16:55   #21
BHPian

Quote:
After going all over the place...This thread concluded with a new Green Rubicon! The Range Rover remains elusive for reasons of choice, fear and cost!
Congrats for the green beauty. Surely you will have a much better experience (read stress free) of using it.
Now ownership thread is awaited.
Tanmay_868 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 21:56   #22
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
Congratulations! That's a beautiful colour! What was the final ex-showroom they offered you, were there any discounts? And how long was the waiting period?
Got a couple of lakhs off. Delivered in 10 days. First green in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay_868 View Post
Congrats for the green beauty. Surely you will have a much better experience (read stress free) of using it.
Now ownership thread is awaited.
Thanks. Hopefully it should be stress free
AVR is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks