Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2021, 09:51   #16
BHPian

Re: Buying a used Audi Q5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
I am pretty sure there weren't a single 3.0 V6 tdi motor in the Q5 after mid 2012 facelift.
I just bought the car and drove it 2000 kms from Kolkata to Bangalore, arriving yesterday. The drive was sheer pleasure! I have driven the 2 ltr Q5 and although that's a beauty, there's no compare with this one. The sheer power, the manner in which it eats the miles, the way it leaves everyone behind, even an Evoque that was racing me near Nellore, is pure joy.

The V4 engine looks entirely different from the outside as well as the inside. It is set a little in the back of the engine compartment. This one is a V6 for sure, because the engine is large and pushes forward. I don't know about the history of the 30 TDi in the back - that was the year they were shifting from the "point zero" system to the 30,40, 45 system, so something may have happened. But I have almost no doubt this is a 3-ltr engine, S Line, top end model.

I had to change a 19" Pirelli and the sunshade needs repair/replacement, which I will do by and by. However the sun was never a problem even at noon, because the filter is really good. I will make do with some bush curtains for now. And simply enjoy the drive.

I had doubts about its reliability, but when I pushed it to good speeds at many points, and the car still said - is that all you got - I realised this is a powerful beast, in generally good condition. Braking is excellent - I was forced to brake once at triple digit speeds at it slowed down perfectly.

The Crrr sound still persists at neutral gear especially when parking, but it seems to be a minor something which I am going to have a mechanic check out. On that note, would appreciate suggestions re good garage/mechanic in the north Bangalore area for Audis.

The sound system, the woofer at the back, the smooth steering, the nice seats, and especially the sound insulation is majestic. I plan to cover many thousand miles on this machine. I am okay with regular parts changes and so on now, because I have come to recognise the heart of this machine after 2000 kms of fast driving, and it has a mighty heart.

Thanks to all who commented on my thread. Happy driving!

Buying a used Audi Q5-whatsapp-image-20211024-09.46.10.jpeg

Last edited by Aditya : 26th October 2021 at 19:49. Reason: Mention of overspeeding
MrSDey is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 11:54   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am pretty sure there weren't a single 3.0 V6 tdi motor in the Q5 after mid 2012 facelift. I picked up the last remaining pre-facelift Q5 as well as three facelift ones from Audi Delhi in a group buy, so i'm pretty sure they didn't have V6 TDI as that's the one I wanted in first place.
I've seen a couple here in Mumbai myself bud, maybe not recently but I've seen them for sure. Guess the person has clarified it, because he bought it.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 07:52   #18
BHPian

Congratulations buddy on your new purchase! 3.0 TDI is a monster when it comes to Torque.
MotoX in North Bangalore best and economical mechanic. I take my own 2.0T Audi Q5 for any repairs though I am in South Banglore myself.

Yes Motor in Whitefield is also very good if you can travel down.
Enjoy your Q5 for many thousands of miles.
OffRoadFun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 15:34   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadFun View Post
Congratulations buddy on your new purchase! 3.0 TDI is a monster when it comes to Torque.
MotoX in North Bangalore best and economical mechanic. I take my own 2.0T Audi Q5 for any repairs though I am in South Banglore myself.

Yes Motor in Whitefield is also very good if you can travel down.
Enjoy your Q5 for many thousands of miles.
Why am I unable to find Moto X on Google? It shows a car wash service and a two-wheeler repair mechanic. Can you please give me the address/number?

And thanks for the kind words! Cheers.
Old 26th October 2021, 17:18   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSDey View Post
Why am I unable to find Moto X on Google? It shows a car wash service and a two-wheeler repair mechanic. Can you please give me the address/number?

And thanks for the kind words! Cheers.
Sorry, it is MotoXpert.
Old 27th October 2021, 18:06   #21
BHPian

Quote:
I just bought the car and drove it 2000 kms from Kolkata to Bangalore, arriving yesterday. The drive was sheer pleasure! I have driven the 2 ltr Q5 and although that's a beauty, there's no compare with this one. The sheer power, the manner in which it eats the miles, the way it leaves everyone behind, even an Evoque that was racing me near Nellore, is pure joy.
Congratulations on the fantastic buy!

I feel that deals like these are way greater value than any new purchase.

There will be few niggles. Like I said, I had to change a strut and get a full service. A taillight bulb. That's it. I just replaced all 4 run flats to regular tires for better ride quality. And it made a major difference. That's all I've done till now.

Attaching a picture of my X3 just.

Many happy miles to you

Buying a used Audi Q5-20211001_122656.jpg

Note from Support: Please don't quote large posts entirely. Quote only relevant sections. Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 27th October 2021 at 18:18. Reason: Picture inserted in-line. Quote trimmed. Typos. See note.
Thegermanbadger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 16:48   #22
Mtv
BHPian

Quote:
I am pretty sure there weren't a single 3.0 V6 tdi motor in the Q5 after mid 2012 facelift. I picked up the last remaining pre-facelift Q5 as well as three facelift ones from Audi Delhi in a group buy, so i'm pretty sure they didn't have V6 TDI as that's the one I wanted in first place.

I agree that no one would bother changing badges on the engine cover but there is very high possibility of dealer/seller sharing pic of another car altogether (Yes, a lot of dealers are really stupid or think you the buyer might be).

Also, the badging on the back clearly says 30TDI and no owner would ever swap out 3.0 badging for 30TDI either, which was for the 2.0 spec. V6 diesel cars would carry 45TDI badge.
Even I picked up one of the last pre facelift q5's

Not shortly after did the facelift come in with a 3.0tdi S line option. This was on sale for a very short while. My friend bought one

The one in this thread is definitely a v6, dual exhausts say so. Ignore the 30 badge
Mtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 09:20   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadFun View Post
Sorry, it is MotoXpert.
Hi, I appreciate the reference, but I am sorry to say, I had a pretty bad experience here.

1. Apparently, there's a larger service called goMechanic which is like an aggregator of garages. Their service was quite professional. However, the garage itself, MotoXpert, was not.

2. I had a packet of Haldiram's Bhujia in my passenger side door pocket. After the job was finished, I saw 3-4 of the mechanics eating it, sitting in my car. I was surprised, but I laughed it off, told them to have at it.

Later I realised they have not only eaten it, but have strewn Bhujia on my Audi Q5. Picture below:

Buying a used Audi Q5-whatsapp-image-20211103-14.11.05.jpeg

I have not come across this sort of behaviour in my 25 years of car experience. Especially when they are charging a premium price for a premium car.

3. As to the price itself, I strongly believe I was overbilled. The job was to repair the sunshade, where the cloth had come off the rail. They said it cannot be repaired, and I would need a new piece of that cloth. It costs 16,000/-, they said - the piece of cloth. Plus labour of 7000/- brought the cost up to 23000/-.

The cloth they gave me seems used. It is dirty. They didn't show me a package. One corner of it is still not properly matching with the rails. I believe this was a ripoff.

4. And the worst thing - they didn't fix the roof properly, see below:

Buying a used Audi Q5-whatsapp-image-20211103-14.11.05-1.jpeg

I was on a trip to Tirupati the next day or so, and the cloth just came off. When I called the guy who seemed to be the lead guy - Shafi - he said it wasn't their fault. This is the same area where the repair work was done. He said he would fix it if I brought it over. No apologies or anything.

5. I called up gomechanic, who were very professional and surprised by the work and the attitude. They have assigned me an alternate garage for the work. I have no complaints against gomechanic but I must warn other car enthusiasts about the poor quality work and attitude I faced at MotoXpert, all for a cost of 24000/- (yes they demanded a 1000/- tip).

6. Finally, I am again on the lookout for a luxury car garage in the North Bangalore area. MotoXpert initially impressed me with all the luxury cars they had there. But I don't plan to go there again. So if anyone knows another garage - a friendlier one - let me know.
Old 9th November 2021, 10:54   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I appreciate the reference, but I am sorry to say, I had a pretty bad experience here.

1. Apparently, there's a larger service called goMechanic which is like an aggregator of garages. Their service was quite professional. However, the garage itself, MotoXpert, was not.

2. I had a packet of Haldiram's Bhujia in my passenger side door pocket. After the job was finished, I saw 3-4 of the mechanics eating it, sitting in my car. I was surprised, but I laughed it off, told them to have at it.

Later I realised they have not only eaten it, but have strewn Bhujia on my Audi Q5. Picture below:

The cloth they gave me seems used. It is dirty. They didn't show me a package. One corner of it is still not properly matching with the rails. I believe this was a ripoff.

4. And the worst thing - they didn't fix the roof properly, see below:

Attachment 2229983

I was on a trip to Tirupati the next day or so, and the cloth just came off. When I called the guy who seemed to be the lead guy - Shafi - he said it wasn't their fault. This is the same area where the repair work was done. He said he would fix it if I brought it over. No apologies or anything.

6. Finally, I am again on the lookout for a luxury car garage in the North Bangalore area. MotoXpert initially impressed me with all the luxury cars they had there. But I don't plan to go there again. So if anyone knows another garage - a friendlier one - let me know.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience at MotoXpert. I will be careful in future with them if at all I go there. I am not aware of any other good mechanics in North Bangalore though. All the best!
Old 9th November 2021, 11:35   #25
BHPian

Quote:

I don't own a luxury big brand car but I see many of them at Ayappas Garage, RR Nagar. They usually house a large number of German cars. I got my airbags replaced in a Polo recently and it was a fantastic experience.

I would strongly recommend you check them out. I drove twice from Bangalore East to RR Nagar to get it done as it was highly recommended by another enthusiast and it was my first FNG experience.
Old 21st March 2022, 22:59   #26
BHPian

Hi,

What would be a good price for 2019 Q5 2.0TDI Technology?

Audi had huge discounts above 10 lakhs during 2019 on Q5 BS4 clearance sale.

1st Owner
2019 June manufactured
2019 December Registered
Tamil Nadu Car
64,000 Kms
Audi Certified used car

Regards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks